Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D - Page 314 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-16-2013, 02:19 PM   #4696
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat - Vol. 80: Another great year for our great champion! :D

you go to sweden to work?

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #4697
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
When I look out of my office window, I'm looking at a huge banner welcoming Latvia to the euro area.
I took a picture and I'll try to upload it one of these days.
I keep forgetting it's already so close. Thanks, EU, for welcoming us

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post

It could have been worse, mixing up Austria and Australia or something
Just to be clear, I wasn't the one doing the mix up. I don't remember who told me it was Switzerland, or maybe I just assumed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
you go to sweden to work?
LOL no, I'm not moving to Sweden Sweden is where the head office is located but my projects will be with the German and Swiss (and Austrian) branches so some business trips to those countries are possible.

But the best thing about my new job is that the boss of my boss is a friend of my parents who has known me since I was born. She can be tough (like Hilde I imagine) but she's definitely on my side and believes in me I just hope that my German is as good as she thinks it is
Old 12-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #4698
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Peter O'Toole departure just broke my heart
Old 12-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #4699
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
She can be tough (like Hilde I imagine)
Tough, me? What makes you think that?

Here's the picture of the banner. It's not the best shot of it because - as I said, it's taken from my office - but you can recognize your flag and you can see just how huge it is.

That's the Berlaymont building you're looking at ^. (the European Commission).

Last edited by Castafiore : 12-16-2013 at 05:20 PM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #4700
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the pic Very nice.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #4701
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's the off season, Maria. It's always more quiet then.
At least we don't have to fight over who's gonna start the next chat thread during the holidays.

Hope your dentists' appointment went OK, I'm gonna have a gum operation on Thursday.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #4702
country flag Minn

Minn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond reputeMinn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Rafa clearly doesn't give a shit and it shows. He looks at his best when he is the less "put together".

Nole tries so hard . It's so pathetically amusing to see how provincial his thinking still is.

Murray comes second in wearing clothes well but much more naturally and less studied than Rogie. But you still have to have a certain "ne sais quoi" to look really good in those fashion shots and I think Rogie has it. Don't be mean, I think it's the only quality I like about him
I think I agree with all this.

Quote:
Companies such as Google, Facebook, Twitter,...have joined forces, trying to curb government spying (NSA in particular).
---> pffft...bunch of hypocrites. As if they give a damn about such things as privacy and gathering of personal information.

pot...kettle...black

Noel Gallagher (from Oasis) on Miley Cyrus:
(interview with The Rolling Stone)

Eloquent, isn't he?

However, I do agree with him.
If she actually could write a decent song to begin with, she wouldn't need to be so desperately provocative and it's a shame that it works because it's putting good female artists in the shade.
to both items!

Quote:
And by the way, it looks like my new company is from Sweden, not Switzerland
I hope you're enjoying the new job. And maybe you'd better put Korean aside for a while and brush up on your German?
Old 12-17-2013, 04:54 AM   #4703
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn View Post
I hope you're enjoying the new job. And maybe you'd better put Korean aside for a while and brush up on your German?
No worries, I can do both In fact, I've been brushing up on my German for a while now, I had to speak it in the job interviews.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #4704
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

minn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
Hope your dentists' appointment went OK, I'm gonna have a gum operation on Thursday.
It was much better than I had feared based on my tooth ache. Not my molar but the tooth before it has a small cavity which the dentist will fix next week.

Gum operation?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #4705
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No worries, I can do both In fact, I've been brushing up on my German for a while now, I had to speak it in the job interviews.
Sehr gut!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:10 AM   #4706
country flag Castafiore

What the heck are Oelewappers #1 and #2 doing voting in Popcon?
Old 12-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #4707
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Maria love!! Thank you very much for the card!! The cats thank you as well!! we'll send you one back from NYC

Quote:
And by the way, it looks like my new company is from Sweden, not Switzerland
I confuse the ex USSR countries all the time (and even don't know some I bet), so that's all right I guess. I just keep it for the next time one of the europhile on here will have a stab at Americans and their lack of geographic skills.
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #4708
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

JM, it was not a confusion of similar names, honestly. "Sveice" and "Zviedrija" are not similar in Latvian at all and I would never confuse them, not in English or German either. They were just telling me all about Switzerland and what kind of work the company does there and maybe that's why I assumed it originated there. Either that, or someone else told me it was Switzerland. I'm sure no one told me anything about Sweden before I started working here.

In any case, Sweden and Switzerland are very different countries in my mind, there's no chance I would ever confuse them.

Last edited by -Evita- : 12-17-2013 at 07:44 AM.
-Evita- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #4709
country flag MariaV

Quote:
What the heck are Oelewappers #1 and #2 doing voting in Popcon?
Am I #1 or #2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokehlicious View Post
Maria love!! Thank you very much for the card!! The cats thank you as well!! we'll send you one back from NYC
The card got there in 2 days, I posted it on Friday!!!!!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 AM   #4710
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
The card got there in 2 days, I posted it on Friday!!!!!
We received it yesterday already

The Estonian and Swiss post seem efficient
bokehlicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote