1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson, etc. - Page 81 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #1201
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
The state of this subforum
So the word is that Noah is looking at USC and UVA as possible choices. Both great schools. Deighton Baughman is going to UCLA
zumbazumba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #1202
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1994-1996 : Rubin, Kwiatkowski, Halebian, Papa, Corinteli, McDonald, Donaldson,

From a tennis perspective Noah playing one day of college tennis would be a total waste of time.

Only current college player/recent graduate he lost to this year was Giron, and based on Giron's recent pro results he should be playing pro by now.

He beat Evan King 3 and 3 and King was 32-5 his senior year. Noah's level on hardcourts is already high and it will continue to improve rapidly with more pro experience. This isn't even taking into account the fact that his first college matches wouldn't be until about a year from now. That's a year's time when most guys make enormous leaps forward in their ability and results.

Also, bad match for him in the first round in Niceville. He lost the last four games of the third set.

Last edited by Smoke944 : 11-08-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #1203
country flag zumbazumba

zumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond reputezumbazumba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
From a tennis perspective Noah playing one day of college tennis would be a total waste of time.

Only current college player/recent graduate he lost to this year was Giron, and based on Giron's recent pro results he should be playing pro by now.

He beat Evan King 3 and 3 and King was 32-5 his senior year. Noah's level on hardcourts is already high and it will continue to improve rapidly with more pro experience. This isn't even taking into account the fact that his first college matches wouldn't be until about a year from now. That's a year's time when most guys make enormous leaps forward in their ability and results.

Also, bad match for him in the first round in Niceville. He lost the last four games of the third set.
Do you think Noah is a better tennis player than Ronnie Schneider? I sort of think that they are similar in mental toughness, no real weapons, steady when the pace allows for it but really erratic when the time is taken away. Noah, I think is a better overall athlete, faster, but Schneider' s shot selection and point construction is superior. All in all, they are very even but with all due respect to both of these two, neither one of them will have a solid chance to make a living if they turn pro. They both will probably make it to the 200-300 ATP ranking, which is as we all know, hardly the ranking that allows one to earn decent living. If Noah was from a smaller country and their top player, maybe then he would have a chance to earn extra income from endorsements and contracts but being an American and not really an interesting subject for any marketing, he will have to rely on his tennis and only to earn. Tough gamble! Certainly if that is what Noah wants, then more power to him . Maybe his family has the financial luxury of giving the pro route a chance.

I heard about his college choices from a pretty reliable source but it could very well be just rumors.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #1204
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Given his parents' political background/connections, I wouldn't be surprised to see them push him to go the college route.

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #1205
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
At the $10,000 Futures in Bradenton, 17-year-old Noah Rubin will face 16-year-old Andrey Rublev of Russia in Saturday's semifinal. Rubin posted a 3-6, 6-4, 6-3 win over 16-year-old Naoki Nakagawa of Japan today, while Rublev, the 2012 Orange Bowl 16s champion, defeated 21-year-old Romain Arneodo of Monaco 7-6(4), 7-6(2). Rublev, the No. 8 seed this week, and Rubin, seeded seventh, have both already reached Futures finals--Rubin in the $10,000 Godfrey, Illinois Futures in July, Rublev in the $15,000 Belarus Futures in August. Rublev defeated Rubin in the first round of the ITF Grade A Italian Open this year, on red clay, not the green clay they compete on in Bradenton.
http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Old 11-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #1206
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Great fighting by Noah today.
Based on his last match with Rublev I think he is clearly the underdog. Hope he can pull out the win, good luck.

Also, Ernesto Escobedo is in the semis of a 10k in Mexico and will play Kyle Mcmorrow.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:45 AM   #1207
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Spencer Papa going to Tulsa for college tennis pretty shocking decision.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #1208
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
He is struggling, so might be a good idea.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #1209
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Kozlov is joined in the quarterfinals by fellow 15-year-old Francis Tiafoe, a 6-1, 7-5 winner over Burundi's Guy Orly Iradukunda, and wild card Deiton Baughman, who defeated his second seed of the week, No. 10 Lucas Miedler of Austria, 7-6(8), 6-3.

Baughman, who reached the quarterfinals of the Orange Bowl last year, said he is comfortable on the green clay, despite growing up in Southern California.

"When I was younger, my dad made sure I played on it a lot, as much as possible," said the 17-year-old, who trains at the IMG Bollettieri Academy. "Over the last year or so, I've been training on it a lot, especially here at IMG, and it suits my game a lot."

Baughman saved nine set points in the opening set, serving for it at 5-4, 40-0 and 6-5, 40-0.

"He had a couple more set points after I got it back to deuce," said Baughman. "I just played really well and I feel he got a little nervous, and in the tiebreaker I played well on the big points."

Baughman got an early break in the second set, and finished strong.

"Overall it was a clean match," said Baughman. "I wouldn't say it's my best of the tournament, but it definitely was a clean match."

Baughman will play Tiafoe, with Kozlov and Rublev also in the bottom half of the draw.

"Last time we played it was for third and fourth place for Nike Junior Tour," said Baughman. "I was like 14 and he was like 9," Baughman joked. "I beat him up pretty good, but he's been playing some good tennis since then and it should be fun. I'm looking forward to the opportunity."

The top half of the boys draw features the only remaining qualifier, with Matias Zukas of Argentina going against No. 12 seed Naoki Nakagawa of Japan. Unseeded Fajing Sun of China will play No. 9 seed Kamil Majchrzak of Poland, who beat No. 5 seed Michael Mmoh 6-4, 6-3.
http://tenniskalamazoo.blogspot.com/...28ZooTennis%29

Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #1210
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Colette Lewis ‏@zootennis 2h

Rublev of Russia defeats Baughman 67(4), 76(4), 62 to reach #EddieHerr ITF final
Got exemption into Orange Bowl.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #1211
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapELee View Post
Got exemption into Orange Bowl.
this thread needs CPR!
Old 01-09-2014, 03:34 AM   #1212
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
this thread needs CPR!
i think Rubin went pro..is that official yet?
Old 01-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #1213
country flag zumbazumba

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumbazumba View Post
i think Rubin went pro..is that official yet?
Tiafoe is playing futures in florida. It would be interesting to see how he will fare there.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:00 PM   #1214
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Jonathan Kelley ‏@jokelley_tennis 5h

17-y.o. Noah Rubin continues to impress. The qualifier d. Pavlasek (CZE) 3&3 to reach the semis of USA F2 in Sunrise. Nishioka or Mina next
Plays Nishioka.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:20 AM   #1215
country flag SHB

SHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond reputeSHB has a reputation beyond repute

Has there been any word on Jared Donaldson or Collin Altimirano's schedules? It's going to be interesting to track their progress this year. Donaldson seems like the most promising prospect of the '96s. In fact, you could make a case for him being the most promising of all prospects born between 1993 and 1996.
SHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote