Actor Paul Walker died in a car crash. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #31
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Actor Paul Walker died in a car crash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
Some of the comments in facebook and twitter are so pathetic.
What do you expect on twitter? People are absolutely vile on there

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #32
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow
The biggest tribulation of this is that he has a young daughter who has to live without a father knowing that he died in such a manner. I have no idea why people don't think of these kind of things before acting in such an irresponsible manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
he wasn't driving fyi...now check both your comments and just hide somewhere..

RIP Paul Walker
I don't think that it's such an unreasonable thing to say. Of course his death is horrible. Such a loss.

But if a death like that doesn't make you think about the next time you step into a car and the chauffeur is speeding, then what will?
Cases like this should make you think. Maybe next time you find yourself in a car with a chauffeur who is speeding, you will urge the chauffeur to slow down a bit instead of hesitating because you don't want to annoy the chauffeur.

I knew a guy who was in a back seat of a car without his seatbelt on. At the impact with another vehicle, he was catapulted out of the car and he died on the street. He was a great guy, still only in his late 20s. Such a shame. The experts later said that if he had worn a seatbelt, he would have survived the crash and lived to tell the tale. It's accidents like that, that should make you think more carefully the next time you step into a car.

Last edited by Castafiore : 12-02-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #33
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

you can draw all the conclusions you want and not only from this car accident, but from just any car accident.

Such accidents happen to even the best people out there, the ones who've taken all kinds of precautions and are just unlucky in a given moment.

In this particular case, this 40yo successful and popular actor, family man, involved in charities and making the world a better place was in the passenger seat while a friend of his driving.

Maybe they had a tire breaking, maybe some technical problem occurred, what if the gas pedal stuck to maximum? Then the car was engulfed in flames, how often does that happen? It's just a horrible string of events, mistakes probably and bad luck as well, which took the life of this young person.

To come in a thread where ppl are sad and expressing their shock about this horrible accident and talking crap, not even knowing what exactly happened, not even knowing that the guy wasn't even driving is imho brainless.

The worst kind of idiotic and cynical behavior.

I wouldn't understand this kind of self promoting by bashing others' decisions, even when a spoiled at first sight Hollywood celebrity dies at young age from drugs and alcohol abuse, because it's simply common sense to assume we don't know what exactly happened in someone's life to make the decisions he made and automatically assuming ourselves better people, coz obviously we would never do that in their shoes, we never did anything stupid and we're so smart nothing bad will ever happen to us....i mean, this is the mindless thought process of the cocky internet lowlife, who has pronounced himself the Judge of the Universe..

It's just disgusting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

latso, you've obviously never lost a friend to someone else's reckless behaviour.

Your way of thinking never fails to surprise me, for a 'mature' man, at that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #35
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't understand this kind of self promoting by bashing others' decisions, even when a spoiled at first sight Hollywood celebrity dies at young age from drugs and alcohol abuse, because it's simply common sense
Traffic accidents are the n°1 cause of death of young people (up to 29 years old).
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #36
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe they had a tire breaking, maybe some technical problem occurred, what if the gas pedal stuck to maximum? Then the car was engulfed in flames, how often does that happen? It's just a horrible string of events, mistakes probably and bad luck as well, which took the life of this young person.

To come in a thread where ppl are sad and expressing their shock about this horrible accident and talking crap, not even knowing what exactly happened, not even knowing that the guy wasn't even driving is imho brainless.
Pedal stuck to the maximum doesn't sound very likely, and besides, who buys a Porsche with 600bhp+ and drives it ~30 mph? As for the car bursting into flames, it's not so rare, there were unfortunately similar accidents with Ferraris recently etc.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #37
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Traffic accidents are the n°1 cause of death of young people (up to 29 years old).
i know, what but does this have to do with anything?

what i'm saying is that i don't like bashing other people's decisions, coz we aren't in their shoes and it's pretentious to consider ourselves better than anyone else.

I wouldn't bash someone over dying from drugs or alcohol abuse, even less for a car accident, and even less for car accident not even driving..

Stuck pedal, flat tire, just examples on top of my head, the fact is we don't know what happened exactly, maybe oil spillage on the road, maybe another car cuts the road, maybe an animal runs in front of the car, maybe a bottle fell and got stuck under the breaks pedal, maybe, maybe, maybe.

Who am i to judge the poor guy without even knowing what exactly happened? A pretentious dick? No, i'm not, i have some empathy and was properly educated by my parents, so i think before i write something stupid, especially in a serious thread like this one.
Quote:
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
Old 12-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Maybe they had a tire breaking, maybe some technical problem occurred, what if the gas pedal stuck to maximum?

Maybe, maybe, maybe!

Maybe they were driving recklessly on a public highway because they are different from us common people and entitled to ignore the law.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #39
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Maybe, maybe, maybe!

Maybe they were driving recklessly on a public highway because they are different from us common people and entitled to ignore the law.
i'm probably not smart enough, but i have a hard time understanding the concept of "they were driving", especially when it is about one car in one particular moment

also, assuming that the country you are from has fair laws and its people are widely known as educated and polite, when the word "if and/or maybe" come into a sentence, we should all assume non guilty as a primary "sentence", shouldn't we?

Or are you from the exceptions and like to condemn, based on prejudice? The middle ages are long over buddy...

They could have been both drunk out of their minds and the driver hitting the gas to the floor, or they might have been driving withing the limits and their car's way cutted, pushing them intoo the tree.

Does it make any difference when judging them?

Now, how smart is it to talk crap before you know? Two guys just died ffs..
Quote:
no shit..

Quote:
NID
Old 12-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #40
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Latso chillThe cause seem high speed,the driver was very experienced,maybe it was a flat tire,but still,had the car not been speeding....

Also,what if you did lose someone dear to you in a road accident?Would you still be this understanding?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #41
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleta View Post
Latso chillThe cause seem high speed,the driver was very experienced,maybe it was a flat tire,but still,had the car not been speeding....

Also,what if you did lose someone dear to you in a road accident?Would you still be this understanding?

Having known people who've lost immediate family due to other' reckless driving, I find it hard to find complete sympathy for those who suffer the consequences. It's always sad when someone dies, but it's even more sad when it's out of someone's hands and they are essentially murdered by others' careless actions. That's why I find it more sad for his daughter and the rest of his family.

Someone with such responsibility (raising a child) should act with more sense.

It would have been a genuine tragedy had another innocent road user been killed. When you step into a car with the intention of speeding (and likely speeding dangerously over the limit), you disregard others completely, which is the most selfish thing a driver can do.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #42
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

^^^I lost my father,he was ran over by an idiot who should've been not allowed on the roads,to this day I can't find any ounce of sympathy for reckless drivers.Maybe it's not fair tarring everyone with he same brush...But it's hard to sit here and defend what looked like driving dangerously.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #43
country flag Burrow

Quote:
^^^I lost my father,he was ran over by an idiot who should've been not allowed on the roads,to this day I can't find any ounce of sympathy for reckless drivers.Maybe it's not fair tarring everyone with he same brush...But it's hard to sit here and defend what looked like driving dangerously.

I'm sorry to hear that

This kind of thing makes me very angry.

I don't think you're being unfair at all, would these two men have been given as much sympathy had they killed someone else? No, they'd have been labelled murderers and they'd have "deserved it".
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #44
country flag latso

Quote:

what do you mean "understanding"? It's common politeness to express your condolences.

When a smoker dies from lung cancer, what would be your reaction? The polite and empathic RIP, or the unhuman, cynical "his own fault, he deserved it, hopefully he didn't smoke around his kids"..?

When a cyclist gets ran over by a car - cycling in the city is the cause of hundreds of deaths, he should have known better, his reflective signs were probably not enough, hopefully he didn't buy a bicycle to his kid...

i mean...

understanding that in public forums there is a concentration of the lowest possible humans is one thing. Accepting this kind of cynical and pretentious behavior is just wrong.
Quote:
no shit..

Quote:
NID
Old 12-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #45
country flag Noleta

Of course,first reaction is RIP,then when you see and read about the possible causes,the empathy makes place for harsh truths,it could have been avoided.