Articles & Interviews - Page 296 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 11-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #4426
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
I am not enthusiastic either, but apparently Richard puts Roland Garros above everything, thus Bruguera.

What makes me still doubt is the question: Whom did Sergi Bruguera coach so far? I can't find anything.

Besides, all comments flying around on the net seem to copy or refer to the midilibre article, no other views around so far.
Same here... I presume he coaches at his Academy, but I can't see any history of coaching ATP pro's. Mind you, that was like Lendl also I think.

And you're right, everything seems to be referring back to the Midi Libre article and the fact he was seen at Bruguera's Academy on Monday. It seems strange to me that the main French tennis journalists aren't running this story.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #4427
country flag Puschkin
Registered User
 
Puschkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,743
Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
Mind you, that was like Lendl also I think.
Very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
It seems strange to me that the main French tennis journalists aren't running this story.
Salliot is busy with the Interclubs and Bouchard is probably dreaming about Nadal, she dislikes Richard anyway.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 11-27-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #4428
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Salliot is busy with the Interclubs and Bouchard is probably dreaming about Nadal, she dislikes Richard anyway.
Does she??? She usually reports on his news very quickly. Maybe Midi Libre has been given the scoop, but I would like to see another credible source for this story, preferably direct from Richard/ Lagardere.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #4429
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Carole Bouchard just tweeted this - http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...ruguera/420364

I think this says Richard has confirmed it, but maybe someone with better French should make sure!
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #4430
country flag kmaria28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 47
Posts: 104
kmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

The French Federation also confirmed Bruguera...
kmaria28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #4431
country flag T.C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,032
T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
Carole Bouchard just tweeted this - http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...ruguera/420364

I think this says Richard has confirmed it, but maybe someone with better French should make sure!
Yeah, I just read L'Equipe saying that Richard has confirmed it.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #4432
country flag Puschkin
Registered User
 
Puschkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,743
Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

ermh, so Bruguera will be it. They will only really start in February, enough time for us to get used to the idea.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #4433
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Shame Bruguera can't start before February, but there must be good reasons behind this choice. Perhaps he and Seb already know each other well - that relationship will also be very important for the new set up to work.

On a positive note...

The decision is made - Richard can now move on and focus on tennis.

Seb is with him until Bruguera starts

Bruguera hasn't coached before so should be very motivated and keen

Bruguera apparently speaks very good French

He has won GS ...


Web source: http://2012.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/n...875885294.html
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by DBR : 11-27-2013 at 03:28 PM.
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #4434
country flag scmom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 530
scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

So Bruguera it is . Like Lendl he has Grand Slam Champion on his resume. That seems like a good start to me .
I hope this works well with Seb , and that Richard can continue his winning ways. And now that the decision has been made ,
he can focus on preparing for the new season.
One thing for sure , Bruguera is a fitness advocate - so Richard will have to continue his workout regime.
Now , didn't Bruguera work with Feli Lopez a bit ? or am I thinking of another Spanish coach ?
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #4435
country flag ImmzB
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,264
ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Darren Cahill was speaking about the link up on twitter.... You think maybe he was interested in the job if he was appt other? LOL!

So it's Bruguera... 2 time Grand Slam champion!! So he has experience himself on the biggest stages so he can share that with Richard.

Obviously I wanted either Annacone or Darren Cahill..... But I'm looking forward to this partnership!! ALLEZ!!

He's also Richard's new agent, Brugera??
__________________
[A.U.H.Qureshi] [R.Gasquet] [R.Nadal] [The Indo-Pak Express] [J.W.Tsonga] [P.H.Mathieu] [E.Gulbis] [J.Ward] [G.Monfils] [F.Verdasco] [Samir Iftikhar]

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]


- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #4436
country flag T.C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,032
T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
He's also Richard's new agent, Brugera??
No. Yahoo sports (link below) quoted Stuart Duguid "l'agent de Richard Gasquet" as saying the new coach was not going to be Higueras. We know it has always been Nicolas Lamperin representing Richard, so it seems Stuart Duguid is Richard's new agent.

http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/gasq...084133350.html
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #4437
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Bruguera is playing the Legends event at the Royal Albert Hall in London next week...

http://www.10sballs.com/2013/11/14/l...l-albert-hall/
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #4438
country flag kmaria28
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Age: 47
Posts: 104
kmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond reputekmaria28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

I found on twitter...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rsf917

About the new relationship. Hope, it will go well .
kmaria28 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #4439
country flag DBR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,111
DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaria28 View Post
I found on twitter...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rsf917

About the new relationship. Hope, it will go well .
Thanks kmaria28 for the article! It's great! kmaria28's link is a translation of an article in L'Equipe by @markalannixon - thanks Mark!

It's very positive and there are so many great quotes in it that I've copied Mark's whole translation here.

Richard Gasquet and Seb Grosjean on Richie's new coach in l'Equipe: Find a coach isn't easy.I had 4-5 names in my head but some were already taken. I wanted to continue with a foreigner. I consulted a lot with Seb (Grosjean) and he told me he knew Sergi Bruguera well. He has experience at a very high level, and he's plain and intelligent. I though he was a good choice.

Sergi's never coached at a high level, Seb hadn't either before me, and now he's worth all the coaches in the world.

Sergi is very motivated. He knows the game well, as well as the mental aspect. I like his approach with that. The fighting spirit in tennis, he has that. He's a fighter who was in some tough situations in big matches. Sergi is the right person for me. He'll be with me in February and we'll see at that point (Grosjean will be in Doha and Melbourne). But there's no trial period. I think it'll work out well. He's plain and likeable, and is a bit like Seb. I made the right choice.

I don't care if he's a clay or hard court specialist. What's important is he knows the game of tennis and that he has experience. He played at a high level, and when he talks, I respect him, because I know what he's done. It's easier to listen to someone who knows his stuff.

Grosjean: I saw him play a bit because he played Slams and in the Legends. We have mutual friends with Carlos Costa. Sergi has the experience and the mentality of a Slam winner. It's around 10 years since he retired, but he's coaching young players at his father's academy. It's important to me that he's not French. He'll show Richard his methods of training and preparation. He's also discreet and humble, and that fits well with Richard's personality.

You don't always choose a coach because of his style of play. Sergi can move his game ahead tactically, in training, and his forehand which should become a real weapon. He can help him get more upper body strength to serve better. He's intelligent and he'll adapt his style of play. He'll reinforce what Richard does well, the details that will make the difference. And Sergi won RG twice and was #3 in the world because he's strong mentally. He'll help him a lot at important events.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #4440
country flag Puschkin
Registered User
 
Puschkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 14,743
Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
Thanks kmaria28 for the article! It's great! kmaria28's link is a translation of an article in L'Equipe by @markalannixon - thanks Mark!

It's very positive and there are so many great quotes in it that I've copied Mark's whole translation here.

Richard Gasquet and Seb Grosjean on Richie's new coach in l'Equipe: Find a coach isn't easy.I had 4-5 names in my head but some were already taken. I wanted to continue with a foreigner. I consulted a lot with Seb (Grosjean) and he told me he knew Sergi Bruguera well. He has experience at a very high level, and he's plain and intelligent. I though he was a good choice.

Sergi's never coached at a high level, Seb hadn't either before me, and now he's worth all the coaches in the world.

Sergi is very motivated. He knows the game well, as well as the mental aspect. I like his approach with that. The fighting spirit in tennis, he has that. He's a fighter who was in some tough situations in big matches. Sergi is the right person for me. He'll be with me in February and we'll see at that point (Grosjean will be in Doha and Melbourne). But there's no trial period. I think it'll work out well. He's plain and likeable, and is a bit like Seb. I made the right choice.

I don't care if he's a clay or hard court specialist. What's important is he knows the game of tennis and that he has experience. He played at a high level, and when he talks, I respect him, because I know what he's done. It's easier to listen to someone who knows his stuff.

Grosjean: I saw him play a bit because he played Slams and in the Legends. We have mutual friends with Carlos Costa. Sergi has the experience and the mentality of a Slam winner. It's around 10 years since he retired, but he's coaching young players at his father's academy. It's important to me that he's not French. He'll show Richard his methods of training and preparation. He's also discreet and humble, and that fits well with Richard's personality.

You don't always choose a coach because of his style of play. Sergi can move his game ahead tactically, in training, and his forehand which should become a real weapon. He can help him get more upper body strength to serve better. He's intelligent and he'll adapt his style of play. He'll reinforce what Richard does well, the details that will make the difference. And Sergi won RG twice and was #3 in the world because he's strong mentally. He'll help him a lot at important events.

Seems as if this decision was much more about fitting personalities than tennis. But in a way, it is the right thing to do, if the personal chemistry doesn't work, the rest won't work either. I doubt, however, that we will see Bruguera on twitter.
__________________
______________________________

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 11-28-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios