Mens Tennis Forums banner

How to make tennis highlight videos?

8K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  gengxiaoxiao320 
#1 ·
I have a YouTube channel set up called DownTheLineHD. I want to put the channel to good use and make tennis highlights of ATP events outside the Slams. I only have the use of iMovie at my disposal as the likes of Adobe After Effects and Final Cut Pro are a little out of my range at the moment. How do YouTubers such as Federerkoora, TheTennisMasters, Rsosa92 etc. make their highlights, and can anyone give me any tips on how to keep it with a consistent flow so its a good watch? Thanks.

#2 ·
First you need the actual complete match. If you want to be the first to do it, you need to be able to capture the match on your computer, rather than downloading an already existing one via a torrent or some other way. Typically hardware (not cheap) is needed to get it in HD (for example, this: http://www.amazon.com/AVERMEDIA-AVERTV-Tuners-Capture-C874/dp/B004VEKS76/). Once you have the raw file of the match, you can use any sort of video editing software (for example, AVS Video Editor) to edit it down to the aces, winners, and interesting points. That part is probably pretty tedious. Then just make sure you output the final product in at least 720p in order for YouTube to consider it HD. I'm extremely grateful for everyone who makes those highlights videos. A lot of work must go into them.

#3 ·
A first post after 7 years of membership?!

#11 ·
I only ever made one video, many moons ago when I was a jobless uni student, with Windows Movie maker.

Limits at the time meant quality of vid got a beating in order to get it up onto youtube - I'm sure they've upped those limits considerably so it might be worth me digging out the full res vid and uploading the better version.

Windows movie maker did the trick just fine, but if I was ever to make another, I don't think I'd be using it again :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmhbkoj_nYM

#14 ·
Does anyone know how to solve this problem I have?

I'm trying to make tennis highlight videos yet windows live movie maker says "loading audio data" forever and then crashes.

If there's no solution, which seems to be scarce if there is one, are there any very similar free programmes that are easy to use without watermarks

#16 ·
I've used Windows (live) Movie Maker to make tennis videos for about 5 years now. I convert the dvd's using any video coverter. The latest one I converted into an avi file shows this error though. I've no idea how to overcome it. It happened 2 months ago now and I've not had a solution.

#17 ·
I've not had issues with that application cause I use Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere for the editing. However I have had similar issues before and what I've found is the original file being used is partially corrupt, so I've hard to start entirely from scratch.

The problem of course with doing this is the time involved.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.