Yuki Bhambri - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yuki Bhambri

The young Indian seems to be making progress. Up to 188, beat Zeballos in US Open qualifying. Only 20 still, seems like he is starting to make a push right about now.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 AM   #2
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yuki Bhambri

He has some good talent in him.
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
country flag millmania

millmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond repute

I think this deserves a bump

He's had some impressive results over the last couple of months in a string of tournaments in Taiwan, which has gotten him back into the top 300 (he dropped to 593 at one stage after effectively not playing for 4 months). He's playing the Australian/Asian hardcourt swing now - if his Kaohsiung run is any indication he should make the AO qualifying draw fairly comfortably since he has only 9 points to defend for the rest of the year.
millmania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
country flag millmania

millmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond reputemillmania has a reputation beyond repute

Into the semis of the Traralgon challenger with a 3 set win over Ito, who made the final of the Melbourne challenger last week
Old 11-02-2013, 03:03 AM   #5
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Yuki Bhambri

Ranked #593 on August 26th 2013, he just reached his second Challenger final since then (d. Duckworth in the semi-finals of an Australian event) and is now on the verge of the top 200. He's approaching his career high of #174 (set in October 2012) and should get another Chennai wild card to start the new season.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:45 AM   #6
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Takes the title and now up to #204.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #7
country flag millmania

Wins the Traralgon challenger title with a come from behind 3 setter over Klahn. He's entered into an Indian Futures tournament next week, as well as being on the alternates list for a couple of Japanese Challengers, but he said at Traralgon that he wouldn't be playing any more Challengers this season other than the Asian WC playoff for the AO. I guess we'll find out what he does over the next few weeks.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #8
country flag millmania

Follows up the Traralgon win with another title in the India F9 Futures in Delhi, beating Sriram Balaji 6-2 6-2, which gives him a decent hit-out before going to the Asia-Pacific wildcard playoff for the AO.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
country flag millmania

def. Venus 2-6 6-2 6-3 in the first round of the Asia-Pacific wildcard playoff. Should have an easier second round; if he wins that he'll face Di Wu in the semis.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #10
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

That's good. Lately, haven't seen any good players from New Zealand.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #11
country flag millmania

To nobody's surprise, Bhambri has a WC into the Chennai Open this week - playing Carreńo Busta in R1 in an interesting contest.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #12
country flag n8

Yuki's win against Pablo Carreno Busta in Chennai extends his winning streak to 11 matches (a combination of Futures, Challenger and ATP wins). He is now comfortably in the top 200.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 AM   #13
country flag striking19

striking19 is on a distinguished road

#12 with today's win over the Fog, his career best win so far...
Also takes him to a career best ranking of #172...

Awesome start to the year...
striking19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #14
country flag millmania

With the retirement-assisted win over Fognini, he's into the QFs of Chennai where he plays Pospisil. Once again he's the clear underdog but with recent form he definitely has a chance
Old 01-04-2014, 02:55 AM   #15
country flag mreccentric

6-3 6-3. Would like to see him more on ATP tour rather than challengers and futures. Pospisil dominated the match.