Tennis analysis in the style of Bill James - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
country flag mossoire

mossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond reputemossoire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis analysis in the style of Bill James

Hi all,

I'm a big fan of both tennis and statistics. I believe that tennis should make more use of statistics to provide insight and to generate interest among the public be they hard core tennis fans or otherwise. NFL, baseball, even football (soccer), have been successful with this, tennis less so - and for no apparent good reason.

My blog - Cleaning the Lines - is where I publish stats-based thoughts. It's not all correlation coefficients and standard deviation but it does help.

cleaningthelines.wordpress.com

I also look forward to contributing here and meeting like-minded people.

Cheers
Andrew Moss
mossoire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #2
country flag Jupiter

Jupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond reputeJupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis analysis in the style of Bill James

Welcome!
Jupiter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

You and Litotes would get along great. I believe he makes money with statistics.

Welcome man. Enjoy MTF and take what people say with a grain of salt, harsh place, but still enjoyable

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

Lneders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
country flag Aquila90

Aquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond reputeAquila90 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mossoire and welcome to Mens Tennis Forums.

ATP: Andy Murray and Jerzy Janowicz

WTA: Ana Ivanović, Sorana Cîrstea, Laura Robson, Li Na, Eugenie Bouchard, and Heather Watson
Aquila90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote