Ask MTF Mods - Page 44 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2013, 05:55 PM   #646
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
Motorhead - If you want to discuss your concerns here, PM an admin or supermod and we'll discuss it with you to whatever length you like. This thread isn't for lengthy discussions about specific events that happen around the forum. In answer to this-

The action(s) taken by moderators with regards to posts or threads created by members is between moderators' and that member. But, again give us a PM and we can go into further detail. Let's have nothing else on this topic please.
I knew some of you would have buried this immediately, please I want my post back in order to proceed with the appeal. I've sent Viruzzz the link to the post as a direct appeal. It took me time to write, there was no rule infringement in it and it exposed what Sonja has been doing to me during these months. And no, I don't feel comfortable discussing the issue with someone who's burying evidence on what's happening here. I'd like to have the site's owner email please.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-13-2013 at 06:06 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2013, 06:08 PM   #647
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
There has come into being some new options on the right-hand side menu. Is there any difference between "Search" and "Advanced search"? They seem identical to me.
You mean below FAQ? That's always been there, pretty sure. Advanced search is just the same as the advanced search you see when you click "search this forum" on any given forum.

Or are you talking about something else?
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #648
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'd like to have the site's owner email please.
Try the contact us:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/sendmessage.php
Old 11-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #649
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I need my post back in order to explain what's going on here. It took me time to write and there's simply no reason to have it removed!

besides who's the Forum Adiministrator in this sentence? Send an Email to the Forum Administrator. Cause if it goes to Sonja it would be like reporting to the police a crime to the same police who commited.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-13-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #650
country flag motorhead
Banned!

You had no right whatsoever to delete that post. It was about a general issue an provided two examples of two different treatments completely unjustified.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-13-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #651
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean below FAQ? That's always been there, pretty sure. Advanced search is just the same as the advanced search you see when you click "search this forum" on any given forum.

Or are you talking about something else?
"Advanced Search" I am familiar with, it has been on the menu since I first came here. "Search" is new, and appears to do exactly the same as "Advanced Search", so a bit strange to add it.

Other changes - "Open Buddy List" is a feature familiar to me, but you used to have to go to a submenu to utilize it. "Mark Forums Read" is also new to this menu, and I have never seen it before in a sub-menu either. Same with "New Posts". I can guess what they do, though, so no mystery there. Good addition if you ask me.

I realize the mod team has not been briefed about the changes, so I'm going to assume I know as much about them as anyone else.
vBookie net amount won: 27174 (2014: +20479, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 94 (high 90), TT doubles rank 82 (high 81).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #652
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Is it possible that two identical posts are given different treatments in terms of infractions?
Old 11-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #653
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Yes, it's possible. The post isn't the only thing that's considered- if the poster has a history of rule breaking where they have been previously warned or had posts deleted etc, it is possible that their particular post was the final straw that resulted in the infraction.

On the other hand, if the poster is new to the forum or a regular forumer with no previous warnings or problems in the past, that same post may simply result in it being deleted or likely a warning being handed out.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #654
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Yes, it's possible
=Mods can do whatever they like to to users, therefore this Sonja is allowed to keep on hitting on me everytime she want to with silly reasoning.
Today's episode was really the last drop. I'm really embarassed for your own explaination given here and via PM. All contacts via PM to mods are essentially useless as every mod will find a way to justify another mod's discriminatory behavior no matter what.
I hope you'll have at least the courage not to delete this post so that other users will know what's the situation in here.
And no, you know perfectly that my example is about two different people but similar under every aspect, none of them receiving previous warnings on a certain rule breakig for which one gets a deleted thread and the other a deleted thread and a red.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-13-2013 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #655
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

In this case, they should both receive the same treatment, yes. If both have no previous recent history of rule breaking problems they should receive exactly the same treatment. You've got to be more specific with your questions, if you want better answers.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #656
country flag motorhead
Banned!

I can't be more specific otherwise I'd fall under the 'for specific threads/users use PMs' rule and you would delete this post as well. Don't try to fool me
You know very well what I am talking about, I find this charade very silly.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-13-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #657
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I need my post back in order to explain what's going on here. It took me time to write and there's simply no reason to have it removed!

besides who's the Forum Adiministrator in this sentence? Send an Email to the Forum Administrator. Cause if it goes to Sonja it would be like reporting to the police a crime to the same police who commited.

The Site Owner/Webmaster of both TF/MTF can be contacted via email: vs-admin@verticalscope.com
Old 11-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #658
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it's possible. The post isn't the only thing that's considered- if the poster has a history of rule breaking where they have been previously warned or had posts deleted etc, it is possible that their particular post was the final straw that resulted in the infraction.

On the other hand, if the poster is new to the forum or a regular forumer with no previous warnings or problems in the past, that same post may simply result in it being deleted or likely a warning being handed out.
This is something I complained about when I was Appeals Moderator.
If other misdemeanours are taken into consideration when issuing an infraction, JUSTICE DEMANDS THAT THIS FACT IS DISCLOSED AT THE TIME SO THAT THE APPEALS MODERATOR CAN DO HIS JOB.
As far as I am aware, the infraction reads something like, "Poster X, you have broken rule YY with post #26459, and your penalty is Z". Nothing else.
Only after an appeal or complaint does the mod come back and say "yes, but we took several other posts into account but we can't tell you what they were because they have been deleted."
It's an informal totting up procedure, with no means of discovering what has been totted up and when.
This is basic human rights stuff. No wonder posters are aggrieved by what they see as subjectivity.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #659
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
JUSTICE DEMANDS THAT THIS FACT IS DISCLOSED AT THE TIME SO THAT THE APPEALS MODERATOR CAN DO HIS JOB.
You do realise that what you call 'fact' is just mere hate towards a user, do you?
Old 11-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #660
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
totally false, in my case the user SC filled no complain on my thread and it got deleted minutes after it was made.
same thing happened today, SC is not even online at the moment, yet Kowchi's thread has been deleted.
I went over it - your thread was reported by another user; moreover, it wasn't deleted after few minutes, it was deleted one day later, the thread went almost two full pages and it does look offensive with everything that was posted there. And if you want to make sure Kowchi gets infracted too, I guess we can arrange that
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote