Question about the forehand - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #1
country flag sand_wawrinka

sand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond reputesand_wawrinka has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about the forehand

What's the difference when you finish your forehand above your shoulder or closer to your waist?

juan martín del potro - novak djokovic - milos raonic
sand_wawrinka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about the forehand

Mine is definitely closer to the waist, especially when going for a bigger shot, but I'll still hit many forehands that end up above my shoulder.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about the forehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_wawrinka View Post
What's the difference when you finish your forehand above your shoulder or closer to your waist?
Finishing above the shoulder encourages a low-to-high swing, which is at the foundation of the modern forehand because it generates topspin. By ending above the shoulder, you ensure a high finish.

Finishing closer to the waist is done when you want to come through the ball more. I've especially noticed the benefit of this as a player who ordinarily spins the ball a lot more than most. It's a great way to flatten out the trajectory of your shot.

Still, you'll notice that even as players advance, and they learn to swing through the ball and across the body more, there's still a low-to-high arc to their swing, just not as exaggerated.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote