Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it? - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #451
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I looked at the description on IMDB
You can't resist, can u? Watch it from the beginning to the end, take it as an experiment.
Besides you can't really tell whether you'll like a movie from reading the plot and it results in having a biased opinion, it's good to watch movies one doesn't have a clue about. The only reason one would want to take a sneak peek at the plot is to avoid big flops but I wouldn't suggest it in here if this was the case.

Last edited by motorhead : 11-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #452
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
Yes!

Be forewarned, it's not highbrow cinema and it doesn't hold together perfectly; IIRC it's a bit confused at times over whether it wants to be a straight horror/thriller or black comedy. Booze will probably make it more enjoyable.
that's good, I like this mixture movies.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #453
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Thor 2 yesterday, thought it was pretty good.

Del Potro-Dimitrov-Ferrer-Wawrinka-Hewitt
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #454
country flag motorhead
Banned!

very unlikely given how bad was Thor 1
Old 11-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #455
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

12 Years a Slave was phenomenal. Not only was it emotionally gripping but there were a handful of shots in the film that I have never seen used in any other film before. Very uniquely shot that added to the emotional toll of the movie. There is some gorgeous scenery of the swamps in deep Louisiana. There were several scenes that lasted longer than what was comfortable which made it seem very real and the evils of slavery were palpable to the audience. It's definitely going to take home some awards.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:42 AM   #456
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
very unlikely given how bad was Thor 1
imo...

Del Potro-Dimitrov-Ferrer-Wawrinka-Hewitt
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #457
country flag JoWilly

JoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond reputeJoWilly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Do you mean in general? too many to list really

yea pretty much all of this, I'll be rember it more for the Simpson episode in which Marge is afraid of flying and Homer decides to rent all movies about plane crashes and as she watches it you could hear an actor saying 'pass me another piece of the co-pilot please'
Yeah I meant in general. It is pretty hard to choose though isn't it? I have so many favourites

DJOKOVIC

FEDERER
DEL PO-DIMITROV-MURRAY-WAWRINKA-GASQUET-JANOWICZ-BERDYCH
JoWilly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM   #458
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Never Talk To Strangers last night.

Kind of rubbish.

Don't know if I will be watching that sex based film motorhead, I can't stand sex scenes, they make me cringe, they're just cheesy and rubbish.

Thor is not my sort of film, that Hemsworth guy is in it He is horrendous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #459
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
12 Years a Slave was phenomenal. Not only was it emotionally gripping but there were a handful of shots in the film that I have never seen used in any other film before. Very uniquely shot that added to the emotional toll of the movie. There is some gorgeous scenery of the swamps in deep Louisiana. There were several scenes that lasted longer than what was comfortable which made it seem very real and the evils of slavery were palpable to the audience. It's definitely going to take home some awards.
Every post I have read of yours, you seem to enjoy every film, saying each is great etc.

I want to know what some of your least favourite films are.

Avatar is one of mine, I was bored sick watching that. To me, it was just a child's film. Ridiculously boring.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #460
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #461
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Avatar is one of mine, I was bored sick watching that. To me, it was just a child's film. Ridiculously boring.
I left early. It was probably no better than that recent Will Smith family flop, but it carried a politically correct message from the billionaires of Hollywood that would have us all living as simply as possible. Just as long as there is a high wall around their Hollywood mansions.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #462
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
It is not a movie to go to for entertainment. The whipping scene was one of the most difficult movie scenes I have ever watched, and just like the life of a slave, it kept on and on and on, with no hope of a better future.
A white friend in California, with a black wife, said they felt very uncomfortable throughout the whole movie. And I guess that was the intention.

Apparently Gravity and Slave are the front runners for the Oscar. Gravity would not even be mentioned in the same breath as Slave, if Clooney were not involved. Hollywood still bows to Clooney.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #463
country flag MichaelKrep

MichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond reputeMichaelKrep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hear, hear. It's even less good on TV without all the impressive 3D CGI.

Grigor Dimitrov Newest Member of Top 10
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Marcos Baghdatis

Andy Murray | Alexandr Dolgopolov | Milos Raonic
Pistol Pete
MichaelKrep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #464
country flag Burrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
It is not a movie to go to for entertainment. The whipping scene was one of the most difficult movie scenes I have ever watched, and just like the life of a slave, it kept on and on and on, with no hope of a better future.
A white friend in California, with a black wife, said they felt very uncomfortable throughout the whole movie. And I guess that was the intention.

Apparently Gravity and Slave are the front runners for the Oscar. Gravity would not even be mentioned in the same breath as Slave, if Clooney were not involved. Hollywood still bows to Clooney.
I just remember George Clooney from that one speech he did at the Oscars many years ago. I remember him trying to make out how hollywood actors are important, who work very hard and all of that kind of nonsense. I found it very patronising and pompous.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #465
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post

The hanging scene was also painful to watch. A man is clinging to life, desperately trying to touch the ground with his feet and the other slaves go about there business not wanting to ruffle feathers and the owner who even though he apparently respects Platt, takes all day to get there to chop him down. The scene was shot at 3 different angles and very long. Cicadas chirping, other slaves walking, children playing, caretakers watching and in the middle a man is hanging. Just a day in the life on the plantation, no more different than if a swing was hanging from the tree. Very chilling the way the scene was done and uncomfortable to watch. Great piece of cinema.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote