Who was in the wrong here? Slade's Tale of Rage and Mugginess - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who was in the wrong here? Slade's Tale of Rage and Mugginess

So I went to play tennis with my tennis partner/friend and he also brought his 14 year old brother to watch. Let's call the tennis partner/friend Bob.

I met Bob at my tennis club this year in March and we play regularly. He is a very sensitive and passive guy and although he is a pusher - he's still fun to play against.

We played for about 1.5h and Bob's brother jumped in to rally against me. Every time Bob's brother won a point (mostly by my error), Bob would cheer loudly and always is silent otherwise. After about 20 minutes of rallying, Bob's brother hit a moonball at me and I missed the overhead put-away. As soon as I missed it, Bob yelled "nice!!!" and I just lost it. I turned to Bob and said "Go fuck yourself" at the top of my lungs. Keep in mind that I was playing like utter garbage the whole time so I was already pretty pissed. Bob was silent for the rest of the session.

Before we ended, I apologised to him saying that I was out of line, etc. He had a passive reaction implying that he accepted the apology. Cue to me getting home and seeing a text message saying "you're a jerk" and deleted from facebook.

Considering the fact that I apologised already and have 12 other people I play tennis with, I probably won't do anything more. Depends on what MTFers think of course.

What say you?
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who was in the wrong here? Slade's Tale of Rage and Mugginess

I think it's beautiful that you possess the same amount of sportsmanship as the two players in your avatar and signature.

Although this is more Federeresque, he already did it twice this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Calling your playing partner a pusher suggests to me he is better than you. I see that attempt to account for losses a lot.

Also, having facebook as the most important social indicator in your life is so last year.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Also, having facebook as the most important social indicator in your life is so last year.
I'm not like those trendy clowns.

Just mentioning to give more context is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten
I think it's beautiful that you possess the same amount of sportsmanship as the two players in your avatar and signature.

Although this is more Federeresque, he already did it twice this year.
I am a terrible sportsman, that is true. I always revert into survival mode in any competition - that's why I can respect great sportsmanship.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

That's honestly worse than anything I've ever seen Nadal do on court.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding the fact if i was on your place that I would punch him in the face 19 minutes before you yelled at him, you did nothing wrong
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
country flag Advantage_Set

Advantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond reputeAdvantage_Set has a reputation beyond repute

Bob was just encouraging his kid brother.
You could've told him to stop applauding your errors instead of resorting to bad language.
You could've also punched him in the face.

Question is; will you miss Bob?
Advantage_Set is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
country flag Slade
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke
Regarding the fact if i was on your place that I would punch him in the face 19 minutes before you yelled at him, you did nothing wrong
I thought more replies would be like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by JelenaRistic
Question is; will you miss Bob?
Maybe I will in the future, but people come and go you know? Not a big deal
Old 11-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

If people can badrep me, then I think it's OK to tell someone else my age to fuck off

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Slade....

it was his little brother, what did you expect? he was just being supportive
it sounds like even in the point where you killed the overhead that the little brother had set up the point well so.
yelling fuck off wasn't cool
you were probably just angry that you were getting destroyed by a younger, less experienced player

also, as already mentioned, the fact that you label your practice partner as a 'pusher' makes me think you don't respect his game nor possibly his little brothers (because they're probably better than you?)

facebook is not a big deal and he was right, if you can't handle some cheering (even if somewhat obnoxious) from the sideline and lash out then that's not cool

maybe you should start playing ping pong or something you won't get as upset about

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with what you did at all.

Should have pulled a Jimmy Connors and called him an abortion or something.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

You were in the wrong, but apologized so it's okay

The only way something can have no consequences is if it has no effect. The only way something can have no effect is if it doesn't exist. It's completely paradoxical, therefore, to claim that something can exist and simultaneously have no effect.

People are not "free" to express an opinion. Instead, if they choose to express anything, they choose to pay the price. The price is the effect on others and the effect on the person. There is no free lunch in this world.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
You were in the wrong, but apologized so it's okay
Agree. But of course Slade should have said "Stop cheering my UEs" before blowing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
also, as already mentioned, the fact that you label your practice partner as a 'pusher' makes me think you don't respect his game nor possibly his little brothers (because they're probably better than you?)
Stop provoking him. I play in a league for amateurs and I've won 4 of 6 matches so far - but I will sadly admit that I play like a pusher (all the others have more experience than me but I'm a good defender). It's unrelated really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
During this year’s United States Open, Soderling said, he was watching a match on television when his young daughter came into the room. For a moment, she watched her father watching the tennis, but then she interrupted.

“She wanted to watch Dora,” Soderling said. “So, I said, ‘O.K.’ We watched Dora.”
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #14
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

You could have just said - You ain't helping your lil' bro by applauding my unforced errors. And it's annoying dude, cut it out, srsly.

Would have been enough, he would have stopped, you would be still buddies.

But he's a mug for his reactions, he's probably not worth being sad about. Despite you've seriously overreacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

The guy was a c**t, I would have shouted the same. The only thing you did wrong was apologising.
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote