is airbrushing hurting women? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #16
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: is airbrushing hurting women?

Hopefully they airbrush JG's toes when he makes the cover of Time.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolesfan2011 View Post
agreed, it hurts everyone really by having unrealistic images and it needs to stop. not to mention it is just lazy to airbrush already attractive people, messes with peoples heads
Yeah sometimes it's ugly too, you barely recognize the famous people they've paid so much for the ad

For instance, Takeshi Kaneshiro, who I believe is one of the most beautiful men alive, is always heavily airbrushed in the pictures of all the Biotherm campaign he has done. Most of the time the result is bad. He looks like plastic and is far less attractive than he normally is.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

yeah look at magazine covers. EVERYTHING gets enchanced. Women, men, animals, food and you name it. PS and similar software is so easy to use so "airbrushing" away a skin imperfection is child's play for professionals. If something is easy and cheap it often gets abused.

Problem? Only for people that can't differ between reality and stuff like magazines and movies where there is a lot of digital cheating. Even on facebook many ppl got crappy PS enhancements on photos and portraits. Only gonna bite you in the ass when the truth is revealed.

But on the positive side it gives something to strive for. Like women might have insane beauty-ideals, men often got insane fitness ideals like rockhard abs to strive for. Even if a goal is set extremely high it can motivate if taken the right way
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
yeah look at magazine covers. EVERYTHING gets enchanced. Women, men, animals, food and you name it. PS and similar software is so easy to use so "airbrushing" away a skin imperfection is child's play for professionals. If something is easy and cheap it often gets abused.

Problem? Only for people that can't differ between reality and stuff like magazines and movies where there is a lot of digital cheating. Even on facebook many ppl got crappy PS enhancements on photos and portraits. Only gonna bite you in the ass when the truth is revealed.

But on the positive side it gives something to strive for. Like women might have insane beauty-ideals, men often got insane fitness ideals like rockhard abs to strive for. Even if a goal is set extremely high it can motivate if taken the right way
I don't see how setting me a goal that I can never possibly reach without starving myself is a good thing.

If I tried to look like the models I see in the magazines, the only consequences it would have would probably be to drive me crazy, turn me into an insufferable, self-absorbed bitch (because when you're obsessed with weight loss, and you never eat what you want, you become extremely ill-tempered), and/or make me develop an eating disorder that would possibly lead me directly to the hospital.

Actually, no, it wouldn't even do that, because even if I lost, say, 10kgs (and that would be insane), I would STILL not look more like them, because I am small and I have small legs. They are all tall with giant legs. So all it would do would make me feel miserable about myself, basically, and I don't see how this is a good thing, AT ALL.

Also one thing is still true about the difference between men and women : while the standards of beauty may be insane for both, the social pressure to be physically attractive is still much greater on women. In our society, there is still this idea that a man who is not physically beautiful can still be attractive by being clever, or charismatic, or funny, or powerful, or even rich (no matter how unpalatable this last criterion is). While most of the time a woman will not really be considered more attractive because she is clever, rich, powerful or funny. Unless, of course, she is ALSO reasonably pretty, then these qualities may be seen as making her more attractive. But if she isn't pretty, she will be considered unattractive by most no matter what her other "qualities" are.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed ugly men don't exist, only poor men exist.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:06 AM   #21
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote