Tickets! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-29-2005, 03:47 AM   #1
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tickets!

My tickets came today!

Also in the package were my parking passes (yippee!), invitation to the draw party (woo hoo!), official Western & Southern Financial Group Masters 2005 lapel pin (how they fit all that on the itty bitty pin, I'll never know) a calender to keep track of who gets to use which tickets on which days (um, that would be me, me, me, me, and pretty much...me), a flier about the "Summer Soiree", which was held after the draw party last year, I think, but this year is on Saturday. We decided not to go last year, then passed by Marat, Taylor, Tommy, and others, all dressed up and ready to party. I think we may be going this year.

I'm SO excited! Only a little over six weeks to go!
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2005, 03:11 AM   #2
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tickets!

Read your post and then realized I had my packet sitting unopened on the dining room table But honestly I thought it was just my tix for the Women's Open. Turns out everything for both tournaments was in there

Anyhow, semi-random thoughts:

The Soiree was on the Saturday of qualifying last year. I watched the very last qualy match and then went home to clean up, didn't get there until 9 pm and it was pretty much complete chaos by that point. Only players I saw were Tommy Haas and Glenn Weiner (that guy exudes attitude IMHO). Mostly everyone looked coupled off and the only guy I thought was unattached I tried to talk to but he was more interested in the food than having a conversation. C'est la vie in Cincinnati This year I can't go because in a moment of sheer brilliance my cousin is getting married that night.

I don't know if I'm going to the Draw Party either...I don't eat red meat, nothing was labeled so ended up with raw vegetables and a few pieces of fruit and/or cheese for dinner. Then I pulled out Verdasco's number from the draw bag. Couldn't help feeling a bit responsible when he lost to Horna in 2 tiebreaks

I actually like the Women's Open lapel pin better than the Masters; it's mostly yellow & lime green. I don't use them though, the idea of pinning my ticket to my shirt reminds me way too much of school field trips.

Mostly this weekend the site (Lindner Family Tennis Center) is hosting a beach volleyball tournament for both men and women, May/Walsh (gold medalists at Athens) will be there. Still can't believe they are bringing 2 tons of sand into my beloved tennis courts. I fear not only will the women have to contend with remains on the courts but that it will eventually be everywhere, including the player's lounge and locker rooms.

Hope to see you at the Masters!
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cańas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 05:21 AM   #3
country flag Eclectic Goddess

Eclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond reputeEclectic Goddess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tickets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenista
The Soiree was on the Saturday of qualifying last year. I watched the very last qualy match and then went home to clean up, didn't get there until 9 pm and it was pretty much complete chaos by that point. Only players I saw were Tommy Haas and Glenn Weiner (that guy exudes attitude IMHO). Mostly everyone looked coupled off and the only guy I thought was unattached I tried to talk to but he was more interested in the food than having a conversation. C'est la vie in Cincinnati This year I can't go because in a moment of sheer brilliance my cousin is getting married that night.

I don't know if I'm going to the Draw Party either...I don't eat red meat, nothing was labeled so ended up with raw vegetables and a few pieces of fruit and/or cheese for dinner. Then I pulled out Verdasco's number from the draw bag. Couldn't help feeling a bit responsible when he lost to Horna in 2 tiebreaks

Mostly this weekend the site (Lindner Family Tennis Center) is hosting a beach volleyball tournament for both men and women, May/Walsh (gold medalists at Athens) will be there. Still can't believe they are bringing 2 tons of sand into my beloved tennis courts. I fear not only will the women have to contend with remains on the courts but that it will eventually be everywhere, including the player's lounge and locker rooms.

Hope to see you at the Masters!
Yep, I realized the Soiree was on Saturday after posting. Sometimes, that first weekend is just a big blur. I'd like to go, but I don't know how long we'll stay. Mostly, it would just be nice to get dressed up and party for one night, since we'll spend the rest of week returning to our hotel room late every night after watching tennis all day with barely enough energy to take a shower and crash.

I understand what you mean about the food at the draw party. My friend is a veggie, and last year even the pasta dish had meat sauce, so she ended up with nothing but cheese and vegetables. They didn't even have all the great little deserts that they'd had the year before. Ridiculous.

I also understand the guilty feelings about Verdasco. I can't remember who my friend picked, but he lost too. Hope we're not cursed.

Volleyball! Sand! Heavens!