THE WORLD TOUR FINALS - 1-1. Saturday vs Del Potro - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #196
country flag Tony2003

Tony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE WORLD TOUR FINALS - Tuesday evening sesssion vs Djokovic!

I can't believe what I just heard: They analyse the Match on Sky Sports 3 and someone said, Roger played superbly in the 1st Set for the first 8-9 Games. I repeat: SUPERBLY ROGER
Until 4:4 it was a good/average Level I would say

Roger Federer

The Incredible Three
Rafa, Joker, Murray

Fan of:
Grigor Dimitrov since 2011
Tony2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #197
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2003 View Post
I can't believe what I just heard: They analyse the Match on Sky Sports 3 and someone said, Roger played superbly in the 1st Set for the first 8-9 Games. I repeat: SUPERBLY ROGER
Until 4:4 it was a good/average Level I would say
Don't mind them, they want to be optimistic for the viewers.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 109 (high 90), TT doubles rank 63 (high 63).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #198
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

I was at the O2. The third set was heartbreaking. Honestly, he was lucky to win the second - Nole was absolutely horrific in that set and when he tightened up his game in the third...well, we all know what happened.

He should win against Gasquet next. He'd better - I have a first row ticket for it!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #199
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Hi trip, missed you!

I agree he was lucky to win the 2nd, in fact, I think he played pretty well in most part of the first set, both were really good, it was enjoyable!
The 2nd set was garbage from both of them (and maybe, who knows, that ser could make a big difference).

And... IDK what he tried to do in the last one
Old 11-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #200
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I was at the O2. The third set was heartbreaking. Honestly, he was lucky to win the second - Nole was absolutely horrific in that set and when he tightened up his game in the third...well, we all know what happened.

He should win against Gasquet next. He'd better - I have a first row ticket for it!
oh trips, I was wondering if you were stalking Roger this year. Sorry about the result.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #201
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

I really could barely even check in on livescores today, never mind pulling up a livestream. So I have no idea at all about how Roger played.

Workplace was nuts. Yes, that was the mayor of my city on your newscasts, admitting that he's a crackhead. And I work in a news environment, so you can imagine, it was a zoo.

Anyways, I guess next up is hoping Roger can beat Gasquet and Novak beats Del Po.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #202
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Quote:
Federer: “I’m just rattled at times”
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 06, 2013 /BY MATT CRONIN

LONDON—An emotional and sometimes irritated Roger Federer says he is not taking any positives out of losing to Novak Djokovic twice in the past four days. Djokovic beat Federer in the Paris Masters semifinals and in their opening round-robin match at the ATP World Tour Finals.

“Great, we’re positive,” he said sarcastically. “It was great to win two sets off Novak, and losing four. Losing a match, it’s really exciting. But I don’t know what to tell you. The season’s not done yet. Let’s talk about this stuff in hopefully four matches.”

Federer also mentioned that his troubles are more mental than physical.

“I think at this point it’s very mental, just making sure I don’t get too negative on myself because of the loss today,” he said. “It was against Novak after all. It’s not against some journeyman. So I feel like it was very close, but then again didn’t make it. It’s a positive that it was three sets. Don’t really care. But I just have to make sure I stay positive right now in my mind, which I am.

"And I’m looking forward to the next matches. And I’m happy how I recovered from Paris. That was really key for me to see today how I was going to feel Maybe I did have some ups and downs, but that’s more towards the season I played and more I think a lot of matches. Then I just got to play my game. It does remain indoors. So I think I have to just make sure I take it to my opponents rather than trying to make the plays too often, what I was trying to do today … But obviously it’s been a tough season overall. So I guess I’m just rattled at times, with my level of play consistently.”

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UnnpnPlQHtY
Old 11-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #203
country flag Walto69

Walto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond reputeWalto69 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
At least his honest.
The big problem I see is that when he gets momentum he can't seem to maintain it.
The first break in the 3rd, Novak just ball bashed every shot and hoped it went in. I thought his deep return to go 0-30 up was out but apparently not.
I just think Roger gets a bit im-patient because his used to hitting so many winners and when you have players like Djokovic and Nadal who can return everything he goes for too much, like on the DF's, Novaks only going to go for shots if his in the lead or it's a 40-0 situation. He just needs to keep patient and wait for errors and if there's a shot on go for it, the problem is he missed a lot of those chances but not by much.
I just can't get my head around how he played such a great tiebreaker then all of a sudden his a break down, maybe a mental lapse? I think if he can maintain his mental game throughout an entire match he'll be right. just looks like he loses some concentration after he does something special.
Oh well, His got Gasquet next so hopefully he can hammer him and gain confidence, then Del Potro who if he could beat would help him a million.
Walto69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:00 PM   #204
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walto69 View Post
At least his honest.
The big problem I see is that when he gets momentum he can't seem to maintain it.
The first break in the 3rd, Novak just ball bashed every shot and hoped it went in. I thought his deep return to go 0-30 up was out but apparently not.
I just think Roger gets a bit im-patient because his used to hitting so many winners and when you have players like Djokovic and Nadal who can return everything he goes for too much, like on the DF's, Novaks only going to go for shots if his in the lead or it's a 40-0 situation. He just needs to keep patient and wait for errors and if there's a shot on go for it, the problem is he missed a lot of those chances but not by much.
I just can't get my head around how he played such a great tiebreaker then all of a sudden his a break down, maybe a mental lapse? I think if he can maintain his mental game throughout an entire match he'll be right. just looks like he loses some concentration after he does something special.
Oh well, His got Gasquet next so hopefully he can hammer him and gain confidence, then Del Potro who if he could beat would help him a million.
That was the nail in the coffin for me

"We don't stop playing when we grow old. We grow old when we stop playing." - GOLeft
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #205
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Hi trip, missed you!

I agree he was lucky to win the 2nd, in fact, I think he played pretty well in most part of the first set, both were really good, it was enjoyable!
The 2nd set was garbage from both of them (and maybe, who knows, that ser could make a big difference).

And... IDK what he tried to do in the last one
Hello viruzzz Yeah, the first set was pretty solid from him until that last forehand on set point #2. The less said about the second set, the better...but at least he won it! Djokovic seemed extra motivated in the third set to me and maybe Roger was surprised or whatever but he couldn't make the necessary adjustment in time. I did love the beautiful forehand he hit to get to break point on Djokovic's service game though.

Quote:
oh trips, I was wondering if you were stalking Roger this year. Sorry about the result.
Thanks. I'm not in the mood for fangirl stalking these days so I'm just going to watch his matches. I don't have a ticket for Saturday and after last night, I'm not sure I want to witness the same thing versus del Potro again.

Quote:
I really could barely even check in on livescores today, never mind pulling up a livestream. So I have no idea at all about how Roger played.

Workplace was nuts. Yes, that was the mayor of my city on your newscasts, admitting that he's a crackhead. And I work in a news environment, so you can imagine, it was a zoo.
Sounds pretty exciting.

Quote:
Wow...he was so angry. I wanna give him a hug now.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #206
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
I have a first row ticket for it!
I hope you will wave to us

Maybe you can hold a banner saying "MTF sucks but the world still loves Roger"

Sorry that you had to witness Roger losing

I guess we couldn't expect that Roger would win against Novak.
At least he won a set which could be very important.

Interview with Justin Gimelstob from earlier on

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/holdin...on-atp_s4/7846
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #207
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, if Federer can see the problem, he can work on it. Maybe now, maybe in the off season.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #208
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #209
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE WORLD TOUR FINALS - Loss vs Djokovic. Thursday vs Gasquet.

Is Roger receiving his awards today?
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #210
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE WORLD TOUR FINALS - Loss vs Djokovic. Thursday vs Gasquet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
Is Roger receiving his awards today?
Yes He already got them.

(Thanks to Kat who posted it on RF.com )
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote