Best football fans - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2013, 10:23 PM   #46
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best football fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
2 different teams, as pointed out. amusing post nonetheless.
celtic take thousands to seville and win a fans award because it was all so peaceful, rangers take thousands to manchester and trash the place. our support is welcomed almost wherever we go, oldco rangers fans get arrested all over europe.

the question is hard to answer and is entirely subjective. it also depends on what one means by "best". certainly the atmosphere at celtic park in big matches seems to be generally accepted as being one of the best anywhere. but other places can say that too. and are the "best" fans ones who make political statements (such as st pauli) or are they ones who never seem to be in trouble with the authorities? and i guess it shows a certain amount of "great support" to follow a team which rarely wins anything and will forever be a local team. in short, the question is too subjective to answer
I wondered when you would get involved. Another bitter, I suspect?

Membership transferred by SFA from oldco to newco - end of discussion. If that's not enough, may I point you in the direction of the comments/findings from ASA, UEFA(checkout our history page on their website, also),law lords and the SFA. See what the people that matter have to say about Scotland's most successful club.

You know that hating Rangers is now a legitimate career move? At least 3 mentally ill terrorist loving individuals are making a good living about a club they despise. Unbelievable.

The atmosphere is exceptional on European nights at Parkhead, you definitely have the loudest speakers in football. Why don't you talk about the great atmosphere at Parkhead when you play St Mirren and co? You know, when the stadium is half empty.

Celtic did take 60,000 to Seville (*cough) and there were no arrests. Although, with the amount of litter lying around added to the vast numbers pissing in the street, zero arrests is a rather fortunate number. If indeed, that magic number is indeed correct.

Celtic and various fan groups contacted UEFA in hope of getting a fair play award. Not the other way around. I think it's important to let the world know this.

Although, did you get a fair play award for this during the Seville campaign?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/more-ce...arges-1-633083

A fair play award for this?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...06_468x442.jpg

Did you get a fair play award when you were chanting songs about the death of solider Lee Rigby at Brentford last summer? You also invaded the pitch in balaclavas and chanted about the IRA that day. How lovely!

Did you get a fair play award when your club covered up child abuse? A scandal that went on for years?.I will not provide a link because I think it's inappropriate. However, if people would like to know about the biggest scandal in European football history, I will provide the information via PM.

Would you like me to continue? I have plenty more stories to tell about your 'great club.'

For some reason Celtic fans like to believe they are completely different from half the folk they share the city with. In the warped mind of a Celtic man: Celtic fans great - Rangers fans bad. If it was not so tragic it would be laughable. I blame the schools.

No surprise to see a Celtic fan bringing 'political statements' into a 'best fans' discussion. Our friends from across the city like to promote themselves as a club 'open to all faith and cultures', as long as you are not from Israeli, that is. Just ask Eyal Berkovic who was subjected to endless racist abuse from the Celtic fans. Things got so bad, he celebrated a goal by sticking the finger up at his own fans!

Last edited by Tiebreak100 : 10-13-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #47
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

English fans get a lot of criticism, but they are amongst the best in my opinion, as highlighted by the average attendances figures for games in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th level leagues last season:
Championship/2nd tier - 17,331
League One/3rd tier - 6,319
League Two/4th tier - 4,390

I like the fan culture in England, in terms of smaller teams getting great support and a good number of away fans traveling. In many countries, huge percentages of football fans in the population support their two or three biggest clubs, with even many mid-level clubs in the top tier not getting much support or recognition. However in England many clubs who can't even dream of getting into the Premier League get tremendous support.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #48
country flag Tiebreak100

Tiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond reputeTiebreak100 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
English fans get a lot of criticism, but they are amongst the best in my opinion, as highlighted by the average attendances figures for games in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th level leagues last season:
Championship/2nd tier - 17,331
League One/3rd tier - 6,319
League Two/4th tier - 4,390

I like the fan culture in England, in terms of smaller teams getting great support and a good number of away fans traveling. In many countries, huge percentages of football fans in the population support their two or three biggest clubs, with even many mid-level clubs in the top tier not getting much support or recognition. However in England many clubs who can't even dream of getting into the Premier League get tremendous support.
True. Scotland is similar.

When Rangers were in the SPL, it was best-attended league in Europe per head of population. This will be the case again in 2 years.
Tiebreak100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #49
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Killing and violence over football is stupid.

I much prefer harmless banter but that is rarely going to happen these days.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #50
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebreak100 View Post
True. Scotland is similar.

When Rangers were in the SPL, it was best-attended league in Europe per head of population. This will be the case again in 2 years.
The game against Queen's Park at Hampden last year with 30,000 away fans was pretty funny.

And yeah it's true that for a population of less than 5.3 million people, Scottish football attendances are excellent

Last season Rangers had the 18th highest average attendance in Europe despite playing in the 4th tier, beating numerous big clubs who play in larger stadia than Ibrox such as Milan, Inter, Benfica, Feyenoord, Porto, Fenerbache and Galatasaray.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #51
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luinir View Post
If you come into the bar as English in Istanbul and showing your dick to Turks, then you will die, there is nothing wrong with that.
ne znam ali mozda is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #52
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

AC Milan fans
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #53
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer11 View Post
AC Milan fans
Lol no. They even booed their legendary captain Paolo Maldini when he played his last match at home before retirement... only because Maldini was upset with them selling their tickets to Liverpool fans prior to the memorable 2005 champions league final.

4 years later he's getting booed for that after 25 years with the team.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #54
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Lol no. They even booed their legendary captain Paolo Maldini when he played his last match at home before retirement... only because Maldini was upset with them selling their tickets to Liverpool fans prior to the memorable 2005 champions league final.

4 years later he's getting booed for that after 25 years with the team.

This.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #55
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Norwich City.