Luke Saville Cheering Thread - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #451
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Luke Saville Cheering Thread

Traralgon

[8] Yuki BHAMBRI (IND) vs [Q] Brendon MOORE (AUS)
Michael VENUS (NZL) vs Dane PROPOGGIA (AUS)
Jonathan DASNIERES DE VEIGY (FRA) vs Luke SAVILLE (AUS)
Kento TAKEUCHI (JPN) vs [4] Tatsuma ITO (JPN)

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #452
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

Takes out Dasnieres De Veigy. Hopefully he can give Ito a good match now!
StevoTG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 PM   #453
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

Traralgon

R1: Luke SAVILLE (AUS) d. Jonathan DASNIERES DE VEIGY (FRA) 7-6(3) 6-3
R2: [4] Tatsuma ITO (JPN) d. Luke SAVILLE (AUS) 6-3 6-2

J. Isner | J. Sock | D.Y. | R. Harrison | C. Harrison | D. Kudla | S. Querrey | S. Johnson | R. Williams

J. Donaldson | N. Rubin | S. Kozlov | B. Kozlov | F. Tiafoe | M. Mmoh | T. Harry Fritz | A. Fenty
Old 10-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #454
country flag Ace20

I think this is his last event for the year was hoping he could made it a little deeper in the event but it good he won an title before the year over with I hoping next year he be able too crack the top 200-300

Old 10-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #455
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace20 View Post
I think this is his last event for the year was hoping he could made it a little deeper in the event but it good he won an title before the year over with I hoping next year he be able too crack the top 200-300
Why will this be last tournament for the year?
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #456
country flag Ace20

^ He posted this on Twitter before the event started

Quote:
Looking forward to my last tournament next week in Traralgon before taking some time off back home

Old 10-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #457
country flag StevoTG

StevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond reputeStevoTG has a reputation beyond repute

The wildcard playoff in December will probably be his next tournament, which will really be the beginning of next season for him.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #458
country flag Ace20

Played an ITF in Thailand this week lost in the finals Yasutaka Uchiyama def Luke Saville 6-1 3-6 6-1 still an good week for him

Old 12-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #459
country flag Ace20

Australian Wildcard Playoff

QF: Luke Saville def Akira Santillan 6-4 6-4 6-2
SF: Benjamin Mitchell def Luke Saville 6-2 6-4 6-1

Old 12-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #460
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Going down to Mott in three sets after winning the first set: not the start to the year Saville was hoping for, won't do much for his confidence
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #461
country flag Ace20

^ Just saw that, that an match he should won do anyone know where he playing next, is there an chance he will get an WC to Sydney ?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #462
country flag Ace20

Junior tennis champ Luke Saville working hard in the big league

Quote:
Not everyone can be Nick Kyrgios (or, for that matter, and even more spectacularly, Bernard Tomic before him), but Luke Saville is still striving, working, hoping.
Once the biggest fish in the junior tennis pond, Saville admits the plunge into the deep end has been even more challenging than he expected. And so, if not quite learning to swim again, he recognises the need for some different strokes.
The 2011 Wimbledon and 2012 Australian Open boys champion had hoped to bring a sub-200 ranking back to Melbourne Park from his first full senior year on the circuit, but instead enters this week's wildcard play-off at No.400. Still, a progress report seemingly devoid of progress may be more a case of taking a step back to eventually get where he is still determined to go.
Since joining forces with coach Grant Doyle in January, the 19-year-old from South Australia's Riverland has been remodelling his game to add wattage to what was a tidy but - in the big boys' scheme of things - relatively unthreatening game.

Weaknesses are now becoming strengths, says Saville, who has recently seen tangible signs of progress after a difficult start.
''I feel like as a junior I was a really solid player all-round, and that's all you really need to do in juniors, if you keep your errors down,'' he says. ''But to make that next step, you've got to have a bit more than that; you've got to have probably two big weapons - a serve and a forehand, a lot of people have. So I need to try and develop those, and I'm on the road to doing it. I'm working day in, day out to make that next step, and hopefully it's going to come.''
Unsure what to expect after leaving the under-age levels behind, Saville knows only what he found: a men's tour in which the average age of the top 100 now exceeds 27, and a Kyrgios-like leap from the 800s to the 180s is more exception than rule.
''I won the Aussie junior last year and finished 350, and now I'm 400 on the dot, so I have gone backwards in the last 12 months, but it's been more of a development year, and I feel like I've learnt a lot,'' says Saville, whose only tour-level match was a straight-sets loss to Go Soeda in the first round of the Australian Open.
''As well as my body, I'm trying to develop my serve and a game style that's going to hold up over five sets against top-hundred players. I'm still working on that, but I'm starting to play much better than I was, say, six months ago.''
The play-off's opening day was a washout, and Kyrgios is still sidelined with a wrist injury, yet the 18-year-old Canberran remains both a close friend to Saville and an example of what can be done. ''Nick's an awesome talent, obviously … and works hard, but it is a bit of an eye-opener,'' he says. ''I used to train with him a lot. I still do. I used to travel with him a lot, and I feel like if he can make that big step, so can I.''
Meanwhile, Bernard Tomic says his new coach, Velimir Zovko, is developing a good early bond with his controversial father, John.
''He's starting to get into a good bond with my dad and team,'' Tomic told Channel Seven's Sunrise program. ''It's still important to have my dad there. It's very difficult for me to let him go. He knows what's best for me and my tennis.''
The enigmatic youngster admitted he still had some growing up to do. ''You've always got to think about what you're doing and what the consequences are. Sometimes I don't think like that.''

Old 01-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #463
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

R1 Luke Saville AUS v [29] Paul Capdeville CHI

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:29 AM   #464
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond reputeanthonyqld has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
R1 Luke Saville AUS v [29] Paul Capdeville CHI
Could be worse. Definitely winnable
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #465
country flag StevoTG

Best of luck Luke. Hopefully a huge week ahead for him starting here!