Articles & Interviews - Page 283 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #4231
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Articles & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
This interview was posted on Friday. Not sure where Richard was at the time (Moscow?)... I lost him after Shanghai.
Found him again through twitter... he flew to Moscow today... I will try not to be so careless next time.

Phonographie ‏@phonographie 8m
Aujourd'hui j'ai vu Richard Gasquet sans le reconnaitre et j'ai osé lui demandé si il était connu, je m'enterre.

Phonographie ‏@phonographie 5m
@richardgasquet1 Salut Richard, on était dans ton avion pour Moscou et on t'a meme pas reconnu, je sais ça craint mais on t'admire, BRAVO !!

Phonographie @phonographie 8m
Today I saw Richard Gasquet without recognizing and I dared to ask him if he was known, I buried myself.

Phonographie @phonographie 5m
@ richardgasquet1 Hi Richard, we were in your plane to Moscow and did not even recognize you, I know it sucks but we admire you, BRAVO!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by DBR : 10-13-2013 at 08:48 PM.
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #4232
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Nice comments from Richard..... He knows these last 3 weeks are strictly business and he needs to perform if he wants to qualify for London!!

Baghdatis and Donskoy don't play on Monday so probably a Wednesday or Thursday start for Richard!

Allez!!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:46 AM   #4233
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
Found him again through twitter... he flew to Moscow today... I will try not to be so careless next time.
I was wondering why we haven't had any updates from you/Richard lately. But you're still #1 stalker in my book
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #4234
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute

Richard's press conference after the Moscow final d. Kukushkin:

Q. What happened in the third set with your leg? Some problems?
RG: I felt something in my leg. I don’t know exactly what it is. I knew I had just one set to play to win the tournament. I hope I will recover well. I wanted to fight to win the set.

Q. What did you say to the chair umpire?
RG: I didn’t know if I was wrong or right. I am sure I was right. I needed to speak to him. […] It’s what is happening on the court a lot. It’s not a big deal.

Q. Do you thing the key moments in the match were: the closing game in the second set and the beginning of the third?
RG: I think it was in the third set when he broke me to lead 4-3, then we played the longest game of the match and I managed to win the game and then win two more. Mentally it was tough on him. But he played unbelievably. […]I fought a lot and I served well, it was important.

Q. You played against Mikhail Kukushkin. Did you expect he would fight so well in this final?
RG: I knew he was playing good. I played him in Canada. I knew he was dangerous. He won a lot matches recently and won challengers. He won seven matches here. He won against big players. For sure, I knew it would be tough because his shots are flat and very strong and he doesn’t miss much and serves well. I knew it would be a big fight for me if I wanted to win. It is a big win for me to win in three sets.

Q. You are a top-10 player. You should win easily against players like Mikhail Kukushkin. Do you know if you have qualified for the Barclays ATP Tours Final?
RG: We’ll see, I’ll try my best to qualify. Two big tournaments are coming including [the Masters] in Paris. I’ll try my best. I was close to lose today. […] But I fought a lot. It’s important for me to qualify for the Masters as well. But the title here is important for me because my opponent played very well.[…]

Q. You won your 10th title. How does it feel?
RG: Yes, it’s nice, especially [to win it] here. It’s different to lose in a final or to win it. It’s a big step. The last set was very important. I managed to win here where a lot of players won. […]

Q. Did the organizers of the tournaments in Stockholm or Vienna contact you with a proposal to participate? If yes, why did you choose Moscow?
RG: Yes, they proposed me but…I never played in this tournament. I was here for the Davis Cup. The organization was good and a lot of French players came here. I came here and I won the title. I didn’t think I could do it. It’s big for me to be here and to win in Moscow.

Q. Coming back to your leg problem…Is it something that can cause you problems in qualifying for London?
RG: I think it’s no big thing. For sure, it was painful in the third set. But I finished the match. We’ll see. I think I was a little bit tired too. We’ll see next week.

Q. You said on court that Kafelnikov was your hero. Did you have a chance to speak to him after the ceremony?
RG: I saw him this week. I didn’t see him after the final. He was a big player, it’s nice for me to be part…To win here where he won many times. It’s nice for me to have my name on the same trophy.

Web source: http://www.kremlincup.ru/db/news/3057

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #4235
country flag DBR

L'Equipe Magazine are publishing a feature with Richard on Saturday, but have released these extra quotes in advance... there is also a new picture, which I posted over on the photo thread.

Web source: http://www.lequipemagazine.fr/tout-i.../#xtor=CS1-12-

Yes or no....?

The pleasure, is yes!

My father has always insisted on the concept of pleasure. I take more today than in 2007 when I arrived on the circuit. I've always had it as an engine. More than other players. Young, I really played for fun. I've played thousands of hours, but always, always happy, never reluctant. I've always loved tennis, ate and breathed the tennis courts, and it is still alive today, with also experience and maturity. At one point, the fun has disappeared, then it came back, except that I was in pain. But these are fabulous sensations that feel strong physically on the court. These are moments that are beautiful and worth trying hard in training. You play for that.

The Davis Cup, is yes!

In 2014, I will focus on the Davis Cup. This ordeal left me a little bitter. I had great matches, I often lost in five sets, and then this year there has been Argentina (withdrawal at the last minute due to injury). I do not regret not having played since I had no chance of winning, but there was always something to do next year compared to the disappointment of this year. My team-mates have not reproached me for not having played. Players trust me. I could not go on the court knowing that there were great players such as Gilles (Simon), world number 12, who can play, and Jo, of course, who made ​​two big games. The bitter taste, it is because I wish to help the team, because it is not very nice to say that you are useless! When you need warriors to win, and you're useless, you're not well. To play in Davis Cup, it is a desire that I really have in me. I get along well with the guys. I believe I have a duty to win points.

Marion, is no!

I have not flirted with Marion, not at all. At night, I often wake up, and that night - (after she made the revelation on Cyril Hanouna's TV show) - I received a flurry of texts: '' Oh, well, congratulations, Richard'' I put it down to Cyril Hanouna (who Richard knows) who has the talent to quickly tell you what he wants!

That's kind of why I do not look for too much media exposure. I almost systematically refuse invitations to programmes, which may be silly - while others are willing to do anything to get on TV. Anyway, getting back to Marion, I never flirted with her. I would not hide if it was the case and I would have no problem talking about it: I flirted with many others!

Interview by Dominique Bonnot
Find the interview with Richard Gasquet in L'Equipe Magazine - Saturday, October 26, 2013.

Le plaisir, c'est oui !

Mon père a toujours insisté sur la notion de plaisir. J’en prends plus aujourd’hui qu’en 2007 quand je suis arrivé sur le circuit. J’ai toujours eu ça comme moteur. Plus que les autres joueurs. Jeune, j’ai vraiment joué pour le plaisir. J’ai joué des milliers d’heures, mais toujours, toujours, avec plaisir, jamais en rechignant. J’ai toujours adoré le tennis, bouffé du tennis et respiré le tennis, et c’est toujours bien présent aujourd’hui, avec en plus, de l’expérience et de la maturité. A un moment, le plaisir a disparu, puis il est revenu, sauf que je le trouve dans la souffrance. Mais ce sont des sensations fabuleuses que de se sentir fort physiquement sur un court. Ce sont des moments qui sont beaux et qui valent la peine de se donner du mal à l’entraînement. Tu joues pour ça.

La Coupe Davis, c'est oui !

En 2014, je vais mettre l’accent sur la Coupe Davis. Cette épreuve me laisse un goût un peu amer. J’ai fait de grands matches, j’en ai souvent perdu en cinq sets, et puis cette année, il y a eu l’Argentine (forfait de dernière minute pour blessure). Je ne regrette pas de ne pas avoir joué, car je n’avais aucune chance de gagner, mais il y a forcément quelque chose à faire l’an prochain par rapport à la déception de cette année. Mes partenaires ne m’ont pas reproché de ne pas avoir joué. Les joueurs me font confiance. Je ne pouvais pas aller sur le court, en sachant qu’il y avait des grands joueurs tels que Gilles (Simon), 12e mondial qui pouvait jouer, et Jo, bien sûr, qui a fait deux grands matches. Le goût amer, il vient du fait que j’aurais aimé aider l’équipe, car ce n’est pas du tout agréable de se dire que tu ne sers à rien! Quand tu voies qu’il faut des guerriers pour gagner, et que tu es parfaitement inutile, tu n’es pas bien. Jouer en Coupe Davis, c’est une envie que j’aie vraiment en moi. Je m’entends bien avec les gars. J’estime que j’ai un devoir de gagner des points.

Marion, c'est non !

Je n’ai pas flirté avec Marion, pas du tout. La nuit, je me réveille souvent, et cette nuit-là - qui a suivi le passage de Marion Bartoli à l’émission ''Touche pas à mon poste'' où elle a fait cette révélation - j’ai reçu une rafale de textos : ''Ah, bah, bravo, Richard !'' Je mets ça sur le compte de Cyril Hanouna (que je connais) qui a le talent de te faire vite raconter ce qu’il veut ! C’est un peu pour ça que je ne recherche pas trop l’exposition médiatique - je refuse presque systématiquement les invitations dans les émissions, ce qui est peut-être idiot - alors que d’autres seraient prêts à tout pour passer à la télé. En tout cas, pour en revenir à Marion, je n’ai jamais flirté avec elle. Je ne m’en cacherais pas si ça avait été le cas et je n’ai aucune réticence à parler de ça : j’ai flirté avec beaucoup d’autres !

Propos recueillis par Dominique Bonnot
Retrouvez l'entretien avec Richard Gasquet dans L'Équipe Magazine samedi 26 octobre 2013.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #4236
country flag Karine579

Karine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks DBR! I'll try to get the magazine saturday to post the whole interview
Karine579 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #4237
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karine579 View Post
Thanks DBR! I'll try to get the magazine saturday to post the whole interview
Thanks Karine, that would be great!

Apparently Richard is going to be on French TV on Sunday? ( I think the show is Stade2 @ 17h25 on France2 )

From Twitter:

Celine Geraud ‏@Geraud_nimo 19m
dimanche dans @stade2 2 invités Mathieu Valbuena et Richard Gasquet, la belle histoire de Sashina en badmington, F1 et GP moto & much more..

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #4238
country flag Karine579

Karine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond reputeKarine579 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't know that! Hopefully we'll have a replay online the next day
Old 10-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #4239
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I put it down to Cyril Hanouna (who Richard knows) who has the talent to quickly tell you what he wants!

That's kind of why I do not look for too much media exposure. I almost systematically refuse invitations to programmes, which may be silly - while others are willing to do anything to get on TV.
This says a lot about Richard's personality, and is one of the reasons why he is my favourite player apart from his tennis.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #4240
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

just the interview not the picture pages

soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #4241
country flag Karine579

Thanks @soulage! You're too quick for me, I didn't even had time to go and buy it!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #4242
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Direct Matin, one of the free newspapers in France, just launched Direct Tennis recently and Richard is on the cover of the first issue

http://www.directmatin.fr/media/2013...u-filet-586239

Last edited by silverwhite : 10-26-2013 at 12:37 PM.
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #4243
country flag Karine579

First page:

After your semi-final at the US Open, your coach Ricardo Piatti was happy to say you « send a message to the lockers”. It’s not your type to send a message, is it?

The messages, I send them to myself and Piatti, he can say what he wants (laughs)! If he’s happy I’m sending messages to the lockers then good. It’s true that tennis is an intimidation sport and it’s important to have the perception of a player who holds on. We know what happens with Nadal for example. When you enter the court, you can be sure he’s not going to let anything pass. It’s your job to not be impressed by that. I’ve done it during the US Open, thanks to the lessons I’d learned after my defeat at Roland-Garros.

You have to put yourself in the alpha-male position?

Of course, in tennis you need to have a big personality and show it, like in boxing. An alpha male attitude, like those of Nadal or Djokovic, it’s not insignificant in a confrontation. In tennis, you cannot afford to arrive and to look down, to act like a little boy. No, it’s doesn’t work! I have a big personality but not as big as them, not even as big as Tsonga’s. They show very big confidence. Everybody has to be himself but I need to tend towards that. You need to have ego. You can’t be good at tennis if you don’t have a strong self-confidence and if you don’t think you’re the best. Me, I have it in me, but other players have it more.

At Flushing Meadows, you appeared like freed from your fears…

Yes, because the others, the best, they are not scared. The first 8, and Jo, when you need to make the point, they go for it! They ‘get into it”. There are players that go for it and there are players that wait for it. “Going for it” is another expression. In practice, you need to have a strong potential and the technical qualities to do it. In the 200th, the players hit hard on everything and it doesn’t work. At my level, I try to go forward on the ball and to put it back on the court! There are still some balls that I have to finish better. It’s a sum of things that I need to gain, whereas for Nadal and Djokovic, it’s already done.

In semi-finals at the US Open, you were quite close to Nadal but he won again (6-4/7-6/6-2)…

Yes, there were some good stuff except at the end, Nadal won 3 sets to none! A good match ok, some good tactics yes, some nice exchanges, but a defeat in 3 sets. He’s the only one I never beat on the circuit. I would like to do that at least once before I stop! He respects me but in the meantime, he often wins 3 or 3 sets to love. It’s a big motivation for me because it’s annoying to not be able to win against him. Even if in 5 or 6 years he will be considered the biggest player in history because he’ll probably have beaten Federer’s record in Grand Chelem. I need to be sharper. Idem to beat Djokovic. You need to be able to hit the ball hard, to have a huge serve and to not let them play too much. To be better than I am today.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #4244
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karine579 View Post
First page:
Thanks Karine!

I have some time later this afternoon, do you want me to do page 2 or 3? It's a lot for one person! I'm looking forward to reading it all - he is being very open about things, areas he needs to improve.

And the magazine looks great!

Web source: https://twitter.com/SoPastoreMotta/s...400704/photo/1 (Twitter pic: @SoPastoreMotta)

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 10-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #4245
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
just the interview not the picture pages

Thanks again, Soulage!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~