The "RF" chat thread - Page 206 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #3076
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Why don't you just avoid GM and post in the Federer forum instead?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthera View Post
I heard he offered a wc for Djokovic and it was refused.
Not a surprise considering that Novak already declined the offered WC for Valencia
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #3077
country flag Eden
Proud to be your fan

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter your ranking - you will always be our #1" chat thread

You get rid of me for some days - so enjoy the time

I'm leaving to Basel tomorrow morning

I try my best to support Roger live but you have also do your part in front of the TV/ computer

See you
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #3078
country flag Panthera
A new Tennis fan...

Panthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond reputePanthera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "No matter your ranking - you will always be our #1" chat thread

Have fun at Basel Doris
Panthera is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 03:13 AM   #3079
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

have a good time, Doris.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #3080
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
You get rid of me for some days - so enjoy the time

I'm leaving to Basel tomorrow morning

I try my best to support Roger live but you have also do your part in front of the TV/ computer

See you
ahh so jealous
can't wait to hear about it!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #3081
country flag Ariadne

Ariadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond repute

I just came across this comment on youtube by a person arguing that Federer was still in his prime until 2012 , and it's only this year that he declined. Here's the comment:

smart scheduling meant he keep his body fresh meaning his got the most out of his physical prime that is why at 31 last yr he was able to do what he did but now he has now peaked physically and will only decline however he hasnt lost too much speed. plus his superior court positioning means he doesnt do much defending that good serving, all court skill, and vast experience will keep around the top for a while. there aren't many guys with rogers skills set.

It's these sorts of comments which I absolutely abhor which are mostly made by fans of Djokovic, Nadal, Murray et al. to enhance their respective stature at having defeated someone past his peak after 2007 and the "full extent of his physical prime" after 2009; 2008 would have been the same had the first half not been jeopardized by the effects of mono earlier in the year.

What do Federer fans think about comments such as these? The utterly retarded implication that his "prime" somehow lasted for 10 years (from 2003-2013).
Ariadne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3082
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

ariadne: at a certain point in a post like that, usually after the first 2 lines, I skim the rest and move right along. Sometimes the best thing to do with stupidity is simply to ignore it

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #3083
country flag Ariadne

Ariadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond reputeAriadne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbadosan View Post
ariadne: at a certain point in a post like that, usually after the first 2 lines, I skim the rest and move right along. Sometimes the best thing to do with stupidity is simply to ignore it
You're absolutely right barbadosan! However, what makes me so frustrated is that I keep hearing this sort of opinion over and over and over again especially (as I alluded to in my previous post) from the younger generation of fans who never saw Federer play in his prime. I really hope this isn't a prevalent opinion, because it would be a frickin ironic tragedy if Federer's longevity and competitiveness on tour past his prime is used as some sort propoganda too to downplay his greatness and detract from his legacy.

I don't know... I'm like you -- I have followed Federer since 2001 and these sorts of comments just make me feel rather sad and depressed. It almost seems like a travesty of justice -- it's hard to explain...

Last edited by Ariadne : 10-26-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Ariadne is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #3084
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't see much of Roger in his prime while it was happening, but I have watched enough to know that his physical peak was 2005-2006, his mental peak 2006-2007, and that he started his real decline in 2010 - though after 2006 he lost that unbelievable consistency week in and week out.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #3085
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will be travelling to Paris tomorrow ( read on twitter)
He has to win one match and he qualifies for London.

Would anyone like to start the cheering thread for Bercy?
And is there anyone here who has not started a cheering thread yet?
Old 10-29-2013, 03:41 AM   #3086
country flag Fed_Ds

I guess no one is interested in starting the thread.
Does anyone mind if I do?

edit: I opened it.

Last edited by Fed_Ds : 10-29-2013 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #3087
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is going to do some sort of reverse AskRF on Twitter

Quote:

Roger Federer ‏@rogerfederer 7m

I enjoyed #AskRF last time. But lets mix it up and reverse the Q&A. I’d like to ask YOU guys some questions and RT the best answers #AskedRF
Quote:

Roger Federer ‏@rogerfederer 6m

I’ll be back on in the next hour and we can start #AskedRF
Espandi
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 AM   #3088
country flag Fed_Ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlrf11 View Post
Roger is going to do some sort of reverse AskRF on Twitter
I tried to get retweeted but no luck
Maybe one day.

Here is a link for people who missed it (just some tweets)

http://triumphsanddisasters.tumblr.c...-it-on-twitter

I should probably post it in the dork thread too
Old 10-30-2013, 04:38 AM   #3089
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Maybe one day.

Here is a link for people who missed it (just some tweets)

http://triumphsanddisasters.tumblr.c...-it-on-twitter

I should probably post it in the dork thread too
I missed it too busy again today.

I think we need a Twitterer thread
Old 10-30-2013, 07:01 AM   #3090
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed_Ds View Post
Maybe one day.
Same here. I felt some stupid to do it but I find the bravery.
Yeah I would love he retwitted some my answer but all this is the proof of our support.

I posted Stan's retweet inthe dork thered.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote