Photo Thread: 2013 to Present - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #211
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
He looks about 46 years younger when he shaves his face. I'm not fussed now but back in the day, I hated it when he came on court looking 20 years older because it only reflected in his tennis

What's with all of the football, by the way? I see it's a tournament but it seems like he plays in a small league or something considering the regularity of the football. Kafelnikov could do with playing a bit of football (or anything except poker and golf). Though actually, to his credit, he's not looking like he was a few years ago. I was really shocked!
Burrow!
I think the football tournaments are all part of Marat's pact with the devil post-retirement fitness maintenance plan. In exchange for his soul Instead of joining a Sunday league, he gets to play for the State Duma on a fairly regular basis. He also played a friends tennis tournament just before Christmas last year at the Agalarov Golf & Country Club, so golf might be on the cards at some point. I don't think he'll pork out like Kafelnikov, though.

Agree about the facial hair, makes him look prematurely middle-aged and rough around the edges. The transformation when he shaves is almost miraculous.
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #212
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey247 View Post
Burrow!
I think the football tournaments are all part of Marat's pact with the devil post-retirement fitness maintenance plan. In exchange for his soul Instead of joining a Sunday league, he gets to play for the State Duma on a fairly regular basis. He also played a friends tennis tournament just before Christmas last year at the Agalarov Golf & Country Club, so golf might be on the cards at some point. I don't think he'll pork out like Kafelnikov, though.

Agree about the facial hair, makes him look prematurely middle-aged and rough around the edges. The transformation when he shaves is almost miraculous.
Hi monkey (where's the tattoo part these days?!)

I haven't been keeping too up to date with his life after tennis. I've heard he's made a few enemies, the last thing I can recall was something concerning him opposing homosexuality.

I see, I'm not sure when but within the last year or so I seen him wearing football boots from 2003 (I used to have them :P) and I was surprised because he seems to be playing all the time. Football boots typically don't last too long with use.

Oh no, not golf... Although Marat as a golfer would probably bring in some good entertainment (not for the poor groundsmen though).

Yes, he's kind of gone the opposite way, he must weigh around 82kg or something now, he's looking very thin. He looks well though.

By the way, where did he meet his current girlfriend? She looks quite a bit older than him. She looks like she could be one of those catwalk models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #213
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi monkey (where's the tattoo part these days?!)
Got bored of it, so I had it "removed"!

Quote:
I haven't been keeping too up to date with his life after tennis. I've heard he's made a few enemies, the last thing I can recall was something concerning him opposing homosexuality.
Have a look at this Wikipedia article for a précis, particularly the sections "Local Laws" and "National Laws". Marat, and all other State Duma MPs, voted for the recent legislation, something which hasn't exactly endeared him to his gay fan base (if he still has one), or indeed anyone else.

Quote:
... I'm not sure when but within the last year or so I seen him wearing football boots from 2003 (I used to have them :P) and I was surprised because he seems to be playing all the time. Football boots typically don't last too long with use.
Ten year-old football boots? Maybe he keeps buying the same style/design? Anyway, yes, for the past couple of years he's been playing in at least two annual Duma football events, the inter-party tournament which takes place in spring, and the Parliamentary Games which is in autumn. He also played a charity match earlier this year in February.

Quote:
By the way, where did he meet his current girlfriend? She looks quite a bit older than him. She looks like she could be one of those catwalk models.
She's done fashion shows, as well as magazine shoots and catalogue stuff. She's actually almost four years younger than he is. But I've no idea where or when they met.

Last edited by monkey247 : 10-17-2013 at 10:02 AM.
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #214
country flag monkey247

Kremlin Cup, Donskoy v Baghdatis, 15 October 2013. Via Live Journal.

original

original

original
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #215
country flag monkey247

Adidas store (possibly Manege Square), posted to Instagram today.

original

Duma session, 22 October 2013. Via PhotoXPress.

Yusupov Palace, St. Petersburg, 11 October 2013. Via YouTube (@ 1:16).

With Gennady and Elena Timchenko.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #216
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I've heard he's made a few enemies, the last thing I can recall was something concerning him opposing homosexuality.
As much as I support gays in russia it's kinda annoying that it had to be homophobic law that made him enemies, but not the horrific anti-adoption law basically sentencing many disabled russian orphans to short life in misery and in many cases to death.

Last edited by mer : 10-26-2013 at 02:39 PM.
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #217
country flag monkey247

Harper's Bazaar party at Kisa Bar to celebrate the start of Russian Fashion Week, 24 October 2013.
Via Facebook.

original

Instagram

Instagram

Last edited by monkey247 : 11-05-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #218
country flag monkey247

Alexander Kozhevnikov's 55th birthday, 21 September 2013. Via Sport-Express.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #219
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

^^ holy f*ck that's skinny
Old 10-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #220
country flag monkey247

Opening of the Championship of Russia Chess Superfinal at Rukavishnikov Manor, Nizhniy Novgorod, 04 October 2013.
Via Stolitsa Nizhniy, Google Plus and the Russian Chess Federation.

original

original

original

original

Quote:

"On the flight Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod I encountered a tall man, his face seemed very familiar. It turned out that this is the best Russian tennis player of all time, the former first racquet of the world, and now a State Duma deputy from the Nizhny Novgorod region, Marat Safin! He also came to the opening of the Super Final and modestly sat in the back row, then gave way to an elderly man standing and listening. In general, he made a very good impression".
Old 10-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #221
country flag monkey247

At the meeting "Velikoi Strane Zdorovaya Molodezh" (Great Country, Healthy Youth) at a rehabilitation centre in Nizhny Novgorod oblast, 28 October 2013. Via VK.com.

original

Last edited by monkey247 : 11-12-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #222
country flag monkey247

One I missed, from Kremlin Cup, 15.10.2013, via Sport-Express.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #223
country flag monkey247

This afternoon at Bakery Michel, Moscow, via Instagram. Also via Instagram today, a short clip of Marat practising tennis.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #224
country flag Safi

Safi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond reputeSafi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Monkey!
Safi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #225
country flag monkey247

You’re welcome, Safi! New photos from the 2013 Russian Cup awards this evening (05.11.13) at Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel.
Via VK.com and Instagram.

Last edited by monkey247 : 06-15-2014 at 05:00 PM.