Johnny Groove #6 seed in Fort Lauderdale this weekend - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #481
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

since Sapeod's Q&A was moved to the Chat section all the trash talk died together with Sapeod's image as a celebrity, he isn't selling anymore.
so here we are trying to channel all our hidden urge for a bit of trash talk.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #482
country flag Redaftw

Redaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond reputeRedaftw has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100080980

He lost to a Moroccan mug 1-6 4-6 2 years ago this year at 25 he made a Futures SF and he'll play tomorrow the FQR of a CH there's always hope
Redaftw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #483
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:36 PM   #484
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redaftw View Post
http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...erid=100080980

He lost to a Moroccan mug 1-6 4-6 2 years ago this year at 25 he made a Futures SF and he'll play tomorrow the FQR of a CH there's always hope
Antso is freaking good.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #485
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
this, Johnny's passion is admirable but the reality is it is far and large obvious he should try a different career path

there are thousands of players as good as him who ARENT ATP ranked. sad but true

and frankly its awesome that after years you are managing to win games against some good young players but you're 23, you're not going to get exponentially better at this point (probably, generally people who excel at a sport get very good very young)

I know you are just being positive and having fun with the crazy goals but even getting an ATP ranking you would have to be probably multiple times better than you are now which is crazy. you're 23! you're having back problems, the chances for you to improve exponentially if you are already having physical problems AND have no funding for special training makes it nearly impossible that you will be able to improve enough to even win Futures matches ever

I don't mean to be extremely negative but while it's awesome that you're doing something you love when you can, I'm afraid you'll waste a lot of opportunities trying to do something that is fruitless in tennis here. others have recommended good advice, consider applying at some clubs or even colleges to be some assistant or adviser for a tennis team possibly. your knowledge of tennis certainly outweighs your skill or potential
Quote:
this.
Groove should be begging and grinding to get coaches and up and coming players in his area to let him practice and learn from them

it's kind of a pain in the ass, but when you really want to do something and what you've BEEN doing isn't working then you need to change it up
you should be trying something new because frankly training on your own or with such limited means will not help you improve vastly.
I would seriously recommend if you have the time to see if you can find some form of internship for some coach or club or possibly volunteer to be free help
Shinoj is in a way right, I dig the aspirations but the issue becomes when you put your dreams on such a high pedestal that they become more of a thought than a reality
if you keep doing things how you've been doing them it will continue to be a dream. don't live through this forum, jump into the real air in front of you and desperately try to grab and get whatever tools and help you can
you've been stagnating in a way, you need to do whatever it takes to get someone more experienced to help you (tennis wise!)
Quote:
the problem is there is no chance Groove

if you can't find some happiness in just giving lessons or working a tennis environment or even becoming a writer or columnist of the sport then that is quite concerning

you're 23, you started too late, it is what it is

I'm not trying to be an ass hole but if you do not consider other career options or more realistic goals then like HowManyTimes said, you will doom yourself for the future

anyone can have fire and belief and love something to death but that doesn't mean it will happen. I can stare at a graveyard and wish and plead for someone to come back to life with more passion than anything or anyone else in the world but it won't do anything. just because you WANT to be a pro tennis player doesn't mean you deserve it to happen or that life it will be more willed to happen

reality : you should go find some other career path, build some success there, get some good savings, and if you truly think you can play until you are 40 then come back when you are like 30 and try tennis out again so that you have a CAREER to fall back onto and more wisdom
Quote:
this!
sometimes in life even when we love things we have to let them go!
no offense to Johnny, but there are many many great great junior players who at like 16, 17 years old were vastly better than he is now and really ever has the hope to get to... where did they end up?
I'll clue you in : they didn't make it the PRO level because it's so astronomically hard to make it. players who started at like 4 years old, who had junior success, the huge majority don't make it to the ATP
Deathless Mortal is correct, you have time to make the right decisions RIGHT NOW
everyone dreams of grandeur but I think you have deluded your brain with dreams
if you're 40 years old and tell your daughter that she's a failure if she doesn't acccomplish her dreams then what will that say?
there's nothing wrong with being an average human being
I'm afraid your problem is that you're too self centered to accept an average life
you want more than you deserve
at least in terms of tennis
Quote:
^^^ this is unfortunate reality

I'm just baffled, like it truly blows my mind, you're getting routined by players in multiple tiered levels BELOW the top few thousands, what results have you made that give you any inclination of EVER being able to beat even player ranked 2000?
Quote:
after reading through this thread more, I feel very stupid taking it seriously

Johnny its absurd that you would troll so excessively for so long
MountainDullSlave working tirelessly to remove all hope from another human being. Fight the good fight.

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:40 AM   #486
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

It's become apparent Mountaindewslave is JG's (Johnny Groove) double account.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 AM   #487
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
It's become apparent Mountaindewslave is JG's (Johnny Groove) double account.
*says the one who was banned for a DA*

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #488
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Shots fired.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:58 AM   #489
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
he must know about what he is talking no?

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 AM   #490
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what you're saying is that I made a qualified observation.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
Old 10-14-2013, 02:08 AM   #491

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So what you're saying is that I made a qualified observation.
Don't accuse of a DA when you made on yourself

I made like 10-12 in my prime and you think you're qualified with having 1?!

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #492
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I feel intense shame for wanting to know more about this. Pray tell

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 AM   #493
country flag leng jai

Quote:
Don't accuse of a DA when you made on yourself

I made like 10-12 in my prime and you think you're qualified with having 1?!
Your first line has zero relevancy.

Your second line is just pure garbage.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
Old 10-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #494

Quote:
Your first line has zero relevancy.

Your second line is just pure garbage.
If you think I'm lying, then ask a mod None of them counted because my ban was unjust in the first place.

And no claims without reason, why is that first line irrelevant?

Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
I feel intense shame for wanting to know more about this. Pray tell
He got banned for DA a few years back. According to CD, leng got the ban reduced as well.

I got all my info from CD

Quote: