The best non-English language films. - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #46
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The best non-English language films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
The Arjen Robben lookalike
ahahaha
yea I remember reading someone played the banjo in the scene for him, what I didn't know he's made a few seconds appearance in Tim Burton's Big Fish (naturally playing a Banjo)

Modern Family is quite funny, about the only comedy series I've followed recently plus there's Sofía Vergara which is always good.

Last edited by motorhead : 10-08-2013 at 08:41 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #47
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
ahahaha
yea I remember reading someone played the banjo in the scene for him, what I didn't know he's made a few seconds appearance in Tim Burton's Big Fish (naturally playing a Banjo)

Modern Family is quite funny, about the only comedy series I've followed recently plus there's Sofía Vergara which is always good.
I noticed he made some appearances when I read the IMDB forum. People also debating whether he's inbred or not.

I can't watch American sitcoms these days, they seem to all be terrible. The last one I watched from start to finish was Everybody Loves Raymond. I liked the cast in that one.

Never heard of this Sofia Vergara, is she another model turned "actress" who's actually horrendous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
country flag ne znam ali mozda

ne znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond reputene znam ali mozda has a reputation beyond repute

Das Boot (1981)
Hable con ella (2002)
Oldeuboi (2003)
Mar adentro (2004)
Das Leben der Anderen (2006)
Klopka (2007)
Gölgeler ve Suretler (2010)
La piel que habito (2011)
Barbara (2012)

Last edited by ne znam ali mozda : 10-11-2013 at 12:56 PM.
ne znam ali mozda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM   #49
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is she another model turned "actress" who's actually horrendous?
pretty much but the series is good

just watched The Tall Man yesterday (from Martyrs' director, which I didn't see), a good crime thriller
Old 10-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #50
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
pretty much but the series is good

just watched The Tall Man yesterday (from Martyrs' director, which I didn't see), a good crime thriller
I noticed that film on Netflix (I don't subscribe to that crap, it's my girlfriend's. Full of absolutely rubbish Z grade crap!) and was going to watch it but I realised Biel was in it and gave it a miss. How tall exactly is the tall man?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #51
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
I noticed that film on Netflix (I don't subscribe to that crap, it's my girlfriend's. Full of absolutely rubbish Z grade crap!) and was going to watch it but I realised Biel was in it and gave it a miss. How tall exactly is the tall man?
yea it's quite an office bomb and has some negative reviews, I think it's the fact that is advertised as a horror while in reality is not.
can't say more or I'd spoil the plot, worth watching.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #52
country flag Burrow

Quote:
yea it's quite an office bomb and has some negative reviews, I think it's the fact that is advertised as a horror while in reality is not.
can't say more or I'd spoil the plot, worth watching.
I'll give it a go at some point. Currently watching The Hunted with Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro. Half way through and not really that good. Both are good actors, especially the former but it's not really edge of your seat sort of stuff.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #53
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
The Hunted
good story, good editing, good movie.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #54
country flag motorhead
Banned!

I've noticed there's no mention to pre'90 Dario Argento!

Last edited by motorhead : 10-11-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #55
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Come & See (Russia)
The Hunt (Denmark - 2014 Oscar nomination)
Memories of Murder (Korea)
Run Lola Run (Germany)
City of God (Brazil)
The Lives of Others (Germany)
Children of Heaven (Iran)
The Bicycle Thief (Italy)
Fanny and Alexander (Sweden)
Amelie (France)
The Return (Russia)
The edge of heaven (Turkey)
Holy Motors (France)
Chungking Express (Taiwan)
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 02-04-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #56
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Two that immediately come to mind are:
Rusalka (Mermaid) (Russian)
Amélie (French)

I really enjoyed a film many years ago that was in Spanish. Unfortunately I didn't remember the title and I never saw it on TV again. All I remember is a woman and her boyfriend were kidnapped by a gang. There was A LOT of drug use in the film, and her boyfriend ended up having gay sex with a drug dealer and not really giving a crap about her. They were waiting for her father to pay the ransom money, but I think the one gang member who had money ended up paying it. I know he saved her in the end! That is such a crappy description of the film but I saw it at least 6 years ago so I only flashes of scenes.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:47 AM   #57
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFanGirl View Post
Two that immediately come to mind are:
Rusalka (Mermaid) (Russian)
Amélie (French)

I really enjoyed a film many years ago that was in Spanish. Unfortunately I didn't remember the title and I never saw it on TV again. All I remember is a woman and her boyfriend were kidnapped by a gang. There was A LOT of drug use in the film, and her boyfriend ended up having gay sex with a drug dealer and not really giving a crap about her. They were waiting for her father to pay the ransom money, but I think the one gang member who had money ended up paying it. I know he saved her in the end! That is such a crappy description of the film but I saw it at least 6 years ago so I only flashes of scenes.
Is it "In July"?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0177858/synopsis
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:53 AM   #58
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
No. Unfortunately not.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #59
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

The Science of Sleep, La Haine, A Prophet, Ran, Delicatessen, Solaris, Knife in the Water and Downfall are all tip top quality stuff.
Police Of Mind is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #60
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Jean de Florette
Manon des Sources

both French, both incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote