Ask the board Thread - Page 37 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #541
country flag JamboPaul

JamboPaul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ask the board Thread

Hi guys

Just joined the forum & want to play this game but not sure where to start. Do I need to take part in the challengers first before I can take part in ATP tournements? No sure where to start with this so any help would be much appreicated!!!!
JamboPaul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #542
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPaul View Post
Hi guys

Just joined the forum & want to play this game but not sure where to start. Do I need to take part in the challengers first before I can take part in ATP tournements? No sure where to start with this so any help would be much appreicated!!!!
Hey JamboPaul,

New players - how do I start playing TT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC
The weekly events list of events being held is here :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213649

As you're a new player - you will find it easier to gain entry into a Challenger although of course the choice is yours, the Challengers threads are here :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=811

Just pick the event you want to play in and say 'IN' in the thread, which is your committment to play. The front page of each event has the info of the deadline time, how to send picks, etc.

If you have any queries the Manager of the event will answer any queries you have - or any of the Board will happily answer any other queries you may have - any queries are generally asked in the 'Ask The Board' thread here:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=213670
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #543
country flag Nightcrawl3r

Nightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond reputeNightcrawl3r has a reputation beyond repute

Hi . I just discovered the Games thread yesterday and they seem very interesting [already committing to 3 other games this week]

I have a question for next week :

As they are 3 ATP tournaments next week and I am Unranked , can I sign up for all 3 of them (to be sure that I enter in at least One [in the qualifying] or am I obligated to commit to One and only One ? Thanks in advance.

████████████

* Nastase , Tiriac , Segarceanu , Pescariu , Voinea , Pavel , Trifu , Sabau *

TT-s: #135 - W: Barranquilla '14; TT-d: #59 - W: Rome CH '14 w/ Taz W.; RUP: Wimbledon '14 w/ Derevko; RUP: Glasgow '14 w/ traddles;

Suicide: #63 - W: Cincinnati '14; FITD: #8 - W: Indian Wells '14; RUP: Dusseldorf '14; PAW: #55; DTT-s: #10 - W: Aus. Open '14; DTT-d: #21 - W: Hamburg '14 w/ Cheeky C

Last edited by Nightcrawl3r : 10-06-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Nightcrawl3r is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #544
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawl3r View Post
Hi . I just discovered the Games thread yesterday and they seem very interesting [already committing to 3 other games this week]

I have a question for next week :

As they are 3 ATP tournaments and I am Unranked , can I sign up for all 3 of them (to be sure that I enter in at least One [in the qualifying] or am I obligated to commit to One and only One ? Thanks in advance.

Hey Nightcrawl3r,

You can only commit to one event per week.

There are also Challengers being held that week - the thread is here :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=811

With no ranking you are more likely to get into a challenger - but in the end the choice is yours.

Enjoy the game
Old 10-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #545
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

In the morning I checked the thread for Vienna to see when the final deadline is and on the first page the deadline was 6pm CEST. So I thought I could come around 4-5 and commit. Apparently the deadline was set to be 3pm by Marto. However I think he should have at least updated the first page. I don't think I am supposed to check every single post in the thread when looking for the deadline. I think this worked out to be unfair to me.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #546
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The rule is :- Friday is the deadline (the exact time is up to the tournament manager) for changes and the draws are made after that for qualies and MD.

The Manager can set an earlier deadline date - it should have also been updated on the front page though. Martin is away until tomorrow, I'll mention the topic to the rest of the Board.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #547
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
The rule is :- Friday is the deadline (the exact time is up to the tournament manager) for changes and the draws are made after that for qualies and MD.

The Manager can set an earlier deadline date - it should have also been updated on the front page though. Martin is away until tomorrow, I'll mention the topic to the rest of the Board.
Yes I know the rule. I didn't have a problem with it being 3pm. But if in the morning when I checked I found out it was 3pm I would have come and committed around 1-2 instead of 4-5.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #548
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by abollo View Post
Yes I know the rule. I didn't have a problem with it being 3pm. But if in the morning when I checked I found out it was 3pm I would have come and committed around 1-2 instead of 4-5.
Indeed, and that's precisely the reason I have PM'd the rest of the Board. I am of the opinion that you should be No 1 ALT for the qually draw - and am waiting to see whether the other Board Members think the same or differently.

EDIT - I see the OOP hasn't been posted yet - I suggest the qually draw is re: done

Last edited by AdeyC : 10-11-2013 at 05:22 PM.
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #549
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

Quote:
Indeed, and that's precisely the reason I have PM'd the rest of the Board. I am of the opinion that you should be No 1 ALT for the qually draw - and am waiting to see whether the other Board Members think the same or differently.

EDIT - I see the OOP hasn't been posted yet - I suggest the qually draw is re: done
Thanks for looking into this matter and thanks to Marto for his reply
Old 10-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #550
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

In Basel I put PTS for any R2 match by accident. Can I use it or shall use the standard PTS1 only?
TT Singles ranking: 64 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 62 (High: 31)

-- TT Board Member --

Last edited by Mahqz : 10-22-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Mahqz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #551
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

It should be just the PTS 1
Old 10-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #552
country flag Mahqz

Mahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond reputeMahqz has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. So one match will go to CB although both send all matches PTS. :-D

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
TT Singles ranking: 64 (High: 52)

TT Doubles: W 2013: Winston-Salem, Sarajevo; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2012: Antalya, Tiburon; SF USO (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles: W 2011: Izmir CH (w/ appleGirl)
TT Doubles ranking: 62 (High: 31)

-- TT Board Member --
Mahqz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #553
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Why there are tournaments where you win points if you win your first qualifying round match and tournaments where it doesn't happen? It's shocking to me seeing M1000 Paris without points for QR1 victory and Basel with 7 points for QR1 victory. I don't know if there is any reason for that.

Greetings
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #554
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Why there are tournaments where you win points if you win your first qualifying round match and tournaments where it doesn't happen? It's shocking to me seeing M1000 Paris without points for QR1 victory and Basel with 7 points for QR1 victory. I don't know if there is any reason for that.

Greetings
That is me at fault there - when setting up the thread I cut and pasted last years thread (last year there wasn't points for winning Q1R) and forgot to add that to the qually points total onto the front page - adjusted and corrected.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #555
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That is me at fault there - when setting up the thread I cut and pasted last years thread (last year there wasn't points for winning Q1R) and forgot to add that to the qually points total onto the front page - adjusted and corrected.
Thanks a lot AdeyC, I thought it was something related to the ranking system rather than an understandable error

Greetings
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet: The most beautiful and talented backhand of the tour (after De Schepper).

De Schepper - Thiem - Giraldo - Cilic - Youzhny - Nishikori - Gulbis - Haas - Berlocq - Jaziri - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote