Johnny Groove Tennis Career - Page 27 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #391
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Groove 1-6, 4-6 vs. Marc Yurgenson (ITF #2,223)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
Any guy who one rep benches 50kg, or whatever it is, whilst being on a strict diet, is certainly not destined to become any kind of athlete.
ahahaah I have some recall of this but I guess I was trying to forget
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 05:38 AM   #392
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosHoracio View Post
When is your next tournament? I found this thread yesterday and thinking about starting one for me if I play more tournaments, but I am younger.
I would advise you to go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
And that is attainable. That's the ceiling for Johnny, a few futures wins here and there and a ranking in the 1-thousands. And Johnny, you should not be disheartened by that accomplishment. There are very good players even in future qualie draws and getting an ATP rank is no small accomplishment. If you can build yourself up to that level than that is a huge accomplishment, unfortunately that isn't nearly good enough to support yourself financially but it is good enough to get some clout to be a coach later on in life if you do decide to go the coaching route. And I agree coaching lessons kinda sucks, but college tennis or coaching competitive juniors is a different animal because there is the raw competitiveness there that can satisfy a competitive person.
You do make good points here. I, at the very least, want to get some job at an academy somewhere training high level junior players, sure. I could make enough to live on and raise a family with not *too* much difficulty if I make the right decisions.

But to do that, I need at least 1 ATP point, a ranking over 2000. That is the big one. But when I get the first point, I will think I can get two. Or three. I am not just going to get 1 point and then, ok, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everko View Post
any random pro in the top 2000 would beat you 6-0 6-0 without breaking a sweat. Luis Patino of Mexico ranked 1130? 6-0 6-0 with a heavy camping backpack on.

how are you going to compete with them?
Improving my serve, better net game, and more solidity from the baseline.

Quote:
Any guy who one rep benches 50kg, or whatever it is, whilst being on a strict diet, is certainly not destined to become any kind of athlete.
Not everybody is trying to be Phil Heath or Jay Cutler.

My ultimate physique will some kind of cross between Bruce Lee and Kenny Rosewall.

http://www.brucelee.com/bruceleecom/...gacy_block.jpg

http://toptenplus.com/wp-content/upl...n-Rosewall.jpg

Not size, but definition. My ultimate playing weight may end up being less than 150 pounds. Very possibly 145 pounds. Like 65 kg as my playing weight.

Quote:
You've always been kind of a nutter, much less now that you got outed about telling fibs on your Mcdonalds shoot-out stories and fathering babies etc but still, this is pretty funny.
I am an entertainer.

Are you not entertained?

Is this not why you are here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
I was referring to being a WTA hitting partner, but I see that you don't want to be out of the spotlight to the actual pro

Now- if you really want to get an ATP point, you're going to have to make some HUGE changes to your game. It's pretty fucking obvious you don't have the talent to do it, even considering you have great fitness and the passion of 5 Nadals. (Not your fault, you started playing at 15).

The only way for you to get anywhere is to play out of your comfort zone. The typical aggressive grinder is so common and there are thousands of people better at it than you. You need to be focusing on troubling your opponents game and picking out their weakness, instead of focusing on playing your own game. Develop a killer forehand slice, ballbash into the center of the court, moonball to an opponent’s forehand and charge the net. 3 underrated tactics.

Either that, or get a sex change. It’s expensive, but you might get into the top 200 that way
I want to be the Johnny of all trades, I want to have the most complete game ever, I've got to improve my serve and volleys, drop shots and lobs. I am only 1.75 m tall, so I will never have the serve of Karlovic, but there are players like Grosjean and T. Johansson, under 6 foot tall players who serve pretty good.

I want my game to be tricky as fuck, weird spins, outright power when needed, I want my game to be able to do it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Realistically though even that's not even close to an attainable goal unless he is playing all futures in Burundi, Rwanda, etc. and draws some local wild card.

Yes. And it's quite an effective troll attempt.
At this point, perhaps, but we gonna see.

No trolling, but do be sure to check out Part 1:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...250&highlight=

Can't believe I was 170 pounds back then
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #393
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

dominika cibulkova can bech press more than 50kg for one rep
Old 10-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #394
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Trolling isn't subtle when you simply type the most ridiculous things you can think of in an elaborate live journal like post.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #395
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by leng jai View Post
Trolling isn't subtle when you simply type the most ridiculous things you can think of in an elaborate live journal like post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #396
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Old 10-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #397
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Johnny Groove, strength is not directly proportional to weight. You could quite easily bench 50kg 50 times at 70kg body weight. Bruce Lee is case in point, he was very strong but also very light.

And yes, you're quite entertaining. I don't read this section enough. Not sure how serious you are though. There were videos of you playing before and you weren't very good. A competent club player, certainly, but nothing else. That makes me believe that you might be taking the piss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #398
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #399
country flag VamosHoracio

VamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond reputeVamosHoracio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke944 View Post
Realistically though even that's not even close to an attainable goal unless he is playing all futures in Burundi, Rwanda, etc. and draws some local wild card.

Yes. And it's quite an effective troll attempt.
This is my plan!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #400
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
dominika cibulkova can bech press more than 50kg for one rep
So can I. I was doing 3 sets of 10, 55 kg.

1 rep, I dunno, I've never done, maybe 70 kg? I can always be stronger.

Quote:
It ain't trolling, and only time will vindicate me.

Quote:
Johnny Groove, strength is not directly proportional to weight. You could quite easily bench 50kg 50 times at 70kg body weight. Bruce Lee is case in point, he was very strong but also very light.

And yes, you're quite entertaining. I don't read this section enough. Not sure how serious you are though. There were videos of you playing before and you weren't very good. A competent club player, certainly, but nothing else. That makes me believe that you might be taking the piss.
Well, we gonna see.

Quote:
This is my plan!
Be prepared for people to make comments, and be prepared to jab back.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #401
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Well whatever you decide to do, good luck to you.

If you're desperate enough to become a pro, I'm sure you can find a long living in tennis one way or another.

Just enjoy yourself, playing matches competitively on a regular basis is fun anyway. Do whatever makes you happy.
Quote:
I knew I was going to regret, reading inside.
Quote:
Weren't you just pestering another guy about his grammar, not so long ago?
Quote:
And your problem with my grammar is?
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #402
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

I think I just found the most obvious troll post ever on the Internet.

Do you think you're the best player on MTF, Johnnycake?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #403
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When is your next tournament? I found this thread yesterday and thinking about starting one for me if I play more tournaments, but I am younger.
Every MTFer should have a dedicated thread charting the glory, from the club, to the ATP.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #404
country flag Mateya
Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prince View Post

Do you think you're the best player on MTF, Johnnycake?
I'll have something to say about that.
I'm sure we would have a good match...

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #405
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
I'll have something to say about that.
I'm sure we would have a good match...
You might actually be the best player on MTF, yeah. I'm a 5.0 but I don't think I can come close to beating you.

Although it's a bit sad that everyone on MTF would get routined by a woman, I'm happy it's by you
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisCup2014 View Post
Then get him out of your avatar and sig talking about him like that, disgrace.
Fedtardism = Ingsoc

FEDERER IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS FEDERER

FEDERER IS STRENGTH

Criticism of Federer = Thoughtcrime
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote