The Live ATP Rankings Thread - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #331
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Live ATP Rankings Thread

I have good news and bad news.

I'll start with the bad news:
The rankings images will be discontinued. Which means you won't be able to see them anymore on this forum or anywhere else.

But there is good news:
The one-click access tables are now extended to age groups rankings and IN/OUT rankings as well, so you will still be able to see the rankings like before.

The reason is simple. Images are a visual component which is dependent on the operation of MS Windows. If the OS is on lock, or the computer restarts, it is possible that the images do not copy anymore and the result is blank images. Since this is random, I can't control when it happens or not, and when it does happen, it blocks the computer from operating any further because the timeout to trying to copy an image is something like 2 minutes. Also, all images in all browser are still dependent on that cache when trying to refresh.

The one-click access to the full list is not only easy to use and access, but it's always update-able and searchable. The OP will feature links to the tables for each group present: U16, U18, U19, U21, U24, O30, O32 and O35(New). Also, TBI, IN and OUT rankings. If the forum would allow a BBCode for embedding excel sheets, this could be even easier, but alas, no.

So, enjoy, sometimes today this will be implemented.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #332
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone explain to me how Nadal's Race points (11010) is greater than his Ranking points (10860)? Where is the 150 point difference coming from?

ETA: Okay, I see he has two 0-pointers for Valencia and Beijing so they aren't counting the points from Vina del Mar in his ranking, but they are counting it for the Race. Is this right?

Last edited by T.C : 09-14-2013 at 02:31 PM.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #333
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C View Post
Can someone explain to me how Nadal's Race points (11010) is greater than his Ranking points (10860)? Where is the 150 point difference coming from?

ETA: Okay, I see he has two 0-pointers for Valencia and Beijing so they aren't counting the points from Vina del Mar in his ranking, but they are counting it for the Race. Is this right?
Correct, the 150 Vina points are not counted towards his ranking because he missed his required four ATP500 tournaments last year and got stuck with a zero-pointer for Beijing and another one for Valencia. In the race, however, he has not incurred any obligatory ATP500 zero-pointers as he could still fulfill this season's requirement and play four.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #334
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Tommy Haas was forgiven for the Monte Carlo withdrawal and his penalty has been lifted this week.

In the meantime though, Gulbis has been given a penalty for the withdrawal from Beijing this week, along with Klizan. The two players will probably appeal this penalty though.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #335
country flag MarsManana

MarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond reputeMarsManana has a reputation beyond repute

Career high ranking for Wawa. Genuinely happy for the guy. Can he ascend higher than world number 8? I dunno.
MarsManana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #336
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know what tournaments Djokovic and Nadal are playing after Shanghai? Nadal leads Djokovic in the Race with about 2 600 points, so if Djokovic wins Shanghai and Paris and Nadal doesn't go deep in either, Nole might have a chance at finishing nr.1 this season with a great showing at the WTF. Am I right?
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #337
country flag rafa_maniac

rafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond reputerafa_maniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Does anyone know what tournaments Djokovic and Nadal are playing after Shanghai? Nadal leads Djokovic in the Race with about 2 600 points, so if Djokovic wins Shanghai and Paris and Nadal doesn't go deep in either, Nole might have a chance at finishing nr.1 this season with a great showing at the WTF. Am I right?
Djokovic is down for Paris and WTF (followed by Davis Cup), Nadal is down for Basel, Paris and WTF. I expect both to tank/skip Paris tbh but if not the gap is 2700 points so Djokovic needs to defend Shanghai and WTF (undefeated) and then at least make the semis of Paris to end the year #1 and that is assuming Nadal doesn't win a match for the rest of the year. If Nadal takes 800 points in the remaining tournaments he'll be #1 no matter what unless Nole picks up another tournament.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #338
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa_maniac View Post
Djokovic is down for Paris and WTF (followed by Davis Cup), Nadal is down for Basel, Paris and WTF. I expect both to tank/skip Paris tbh but if not the gap is 2700 points so Djokovic needs to defend Shanghai and WTF (undefeated) and then at least make the semis of Paris to end the year #1 and that is assuming Nadal doesn't win a match for the rest of the year. If Nadal takes 800 points in the remaining tournaments he'll be #1 no matter what unless Nole picks up another tournament.
Thanks . So basically Rafa needs to suck and Djokovic needs to go on a tear, like I thought. Not likely, but not impossible .
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #339
country flag TheBigFourFTW

TheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond reputeTheBigFourFTW has a reputation beyond repute

In the best case scenario as well as given his likely schedule, what and when would Federer be back to world no.4 in the ATP rankings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Kyrgios defeats Nadal 7-6 (7-5) 5-7 7-6 (7-5) 6-3 in 4 sets.
TheBigFourFTW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #340
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigFourFTW View Post
In the best case scenario as well as given his likely schedule, what and when would Federer be back to world no.4 in the ATP rankings?
After winning Shanghai and Paris. Won't even need Basel. He needs to make 1845 points on Ferrer, and 910 for Shanghai (already got 90) and 1000 for Paris is enough, as Ferrer won't score any more in a best case scenario.

If he also wins Basel he can then get 3rd in the WTF with two group wins.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 109 (high 90), TT doubles rank 63 (high 63).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Old 10-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #341
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

This has been a question that been bugging me for a while now, can't seem to find an answer for it. Warning: It may been seen as a "useless" question by some.

When a player has two tournaments with the same number of points and only one can be counted in the 'Best of other' section, how is it decided which one will be counted? Of course, points are the same, so the result will be the same either way.

Take Raonic for example.
In the Race, his 6th best is 45 from MC and the 45 from Washington goes into non-countable.
But, in the ranking, his 6th best is 45 from Washington, with the 45 from MC going into non-countable.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #342
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
From what I've seen, higher category tournaments appear to take precedence. If equal category, the older result seems to be the preferred one. But this is only from memory and observations, I've never read an actual rule about it.
that's what I thought but no. Difference in Gasquet and Isner for example
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #343
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
that's what I thought but no. Difference in Gasquet and Isner for example
Then I have no idea. Hope someone else does.
vBookie net amount won: 31401 (2014: +24706, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 109 (high 90), TT doubles rank 63 (high 63).
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Old 10-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #344
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
This has been a question that been bugging me for a while now, can't seem to find an answer for it. Warning: It may been seen as a "useless" question by some.

When a player has two tournaments with the same number of points and only one can be counted in the 'Best of other' section, how is it decided which one will be counted? Of course, points are the same, so the result will be the same either way.

Take Raonic for example.
In the Race, his 6th best is 45 from MC and the 45 from Washington goes into non-countable.
But, in the ranking, his 6th best is 45 from Washington, with the 45 from MC going into non-countable.
I think they count the newest result, so, the result which expire later in the next year.

But Slasher might solve this question

Isner, Youznhy, Melzer, Verdasco, Bennetteau, Nieminen, Davydenko, Berlocq, Llodra, Stepanek, Hewitt, Carreño Busta, Fish, Lorenzi, Mahut, Mathieu, Blake, Becker, R. Ram, Ramírez Hidalgo, Karlovic, Chiudinelli, Petzchner.Tsonga, Wawrinka, Raonic, Tipsarevic, Robredo, Hanescu, Montañes, Sijsling, Kubot, F. López, Tursunov, Roger-Vasselin, Mannarino, , Pospisil, Stakhosvky, Gicquel, Hayek, Golubev, Dolgopolov, Kukushkhin, Rochus, Zverev, Ignatik, Phau, Ginepri, Guccione, Riba, Starace

Nestor, Mirnyi, Zimonjic, Marc López, Marach, Peya, Paes, Melo, Soares, Rojer, Marrero, Huey, Inglot, Lipsky, Fleming, Knowle, Sá, Marray, Nielsen, Hanley, Cermak, Dlouhy, Cabal, Farah, Bracciali, Butorac.
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #345
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

It is not decided at all, the ATP official database randomly chooses a tournament to count. When you query a database and two result have the same exact parameters as to the query, both results being equal, the order of the display will be random each time the query is run. In this case, the query is run each Monday (or maybe when a player's tournament selection changes).