Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it? - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #271
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Movie you watched, and what you thought about it?

Watched RUSH today. I don't follow Formula One, and I wasn't even born in the era this movie takes us to, but it matters very little, because the movie is all about these two diametrically opposite personalities - F1 drivers James Hunt (Hemsworth; aggressive, playboy) and Nikki Lauda (Brruhl; icy, calculative), with the game just as a backdrop. If you enjoyed the contrast of personalities of Roger and Rafa, you'd probably like it that such movies are being made.

Also it stays true to facts. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of action in it for F1 aficionados, and a thrilling climax but in the end, the human elements keep the drama alive. Oscar-nomination worthy performance from Daniel Bruhl, and Chris Hemsworth's best performance till date.

7/10
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)

Last edited by Roger the Dodger : 09-21-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 05:52 AM   #272
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

I watched a documentary about Hunt/Lauda,the iron will of the latter is unbelievableF1 was more dramatic and the drivers were not acting like robots,and how dangerous the sport was back in the day.Gonna watch the movie,to see how they've portrayed it on film.

I watched Limitless,yeah bit late I knowAt one time I thought the ending will be so differentWill give it a 6.

Imagine if NZT did exist

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Last edited by Noleta : 09-24-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Noleta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #273
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm seeing Gravity tomorrow. Can't wait. It has astoundingly good reviews, Some critics are even throwing around phrases like "one of the greatest films ever made"

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #274
country flag Droog

Droog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond repute

The Long Good Friday - Great British gangster film. Bob Hoskins really is the film and the versatility of his facial expressions in the final scene really stays in the mind.
to perform well beyond usual levels and achieve legendary status in the process

Federer, Murray, Dimitrov, Tsonga
Djokovic, Gasquet, Dolgopolov, Monfils, Haas, Tomic, Goffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOnandWin View Post
There is no way I see anything else other than a straight-forward, fluent and comprehensive win for Nando tomorrow.
Who else is with me? I cannot see why anyone cannot see this potential BEAT-DOWN coming?
Murray def Verdasco 6-4 7-5 7-6(3)
Droog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #275
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

Gravity - Totally overhyped

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #276
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

re-watched yesterday, a classic of the genre.

motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #277
country flag Droog

Droog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond reputeDroog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
re-watched yesterday, a classic of the genre.
Haha that is a classic. Love using October for horror marathons

I'm on a Universal/Hammer binge at the moment

Quote:
There is no way I see anything else other than a straight-forward, fluent and comprehensive win for Nando tomorrow.
Who else is with me? I cannot see why anyone cannot see this potential BEAT-DOWN coming?
Old 10-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #278

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsojose View Post
Gravity - Totally overhyped
Yeah I kinda agree. I went into it expecting mind-blowing and it didn't deliver. Nothing was that wowing. If I had gone in with average expectations I would have probably loved it.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #279
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog View Post
Haha that is a classic. Love using October for horror marathons

I'm on a Universal/Hammer binge at the moment

add to that the hilarious resemblance of John Kerry to the Dr. Carl Hill

motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #280
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Yeah I kinda agree. I went into it expecting mind-blowing and it didn't deliver. Nothing was that wowing. If I had gone in with average expectations I would have probably loved it.
I was going today - should I cancel? On the other hand, it probably needs IMAX or nothing.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #281

No you shouldn't cancel. It's still a good film with moments of brilliance. Clooney's character is well done and has memorable moments. I just thought the overall impact of the movie wasn't as strong as I was expecting.

Old 10-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #282
country flag Droog

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
add to that the hilarious resemblance of John Kerry to the Dr. Carl Hill

I'm not going to sleep well tonight

Quote:
Old 10-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #283
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
No you shouldn't cancel. It's still a good film with moments of brilliance. Clooney's character is well done and has memorable moments. I just thought the overall impact of the movie wasn't as strong as I was expecting.
I like drama, and am always bored by action movies or special effects movies, if I see one by error. So I though maybe Gravity might disappoint watching computer generated images, with little or no dialogue.
Anyway, it did not rain, so I did not go.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:38 AM   #284
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

World war Z...Very watchable with the clichés.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 10-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #285
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

I watched Life is Beautiful last night
for about the fifth time
and cried, just like all the other times

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote