2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 110 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1636
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez!

I'm so pissed. I just can't believe that match had to end on that bullsh!t. Seriously. I could've handled if Berdych came good in the end in the tiebreak or even held serve in the end, but for it to turn out like that. Just BS.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #1637
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

What an umpire.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1638

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Tainted victory for sure for Berdych. It's not his fault but there's no guarantee he would've won that match had the correct call occurred.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #1639

I really really hate how subject to human error tennis is. For Gilles to play his heart out that hard and suffering from and ab injury or whatever is wrong with him only to lose that way just plain sucks.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #1640

That's gonna devastate Gilles for sure when the first thing they tell him in the press conference was that the ball was out and that he should still be on the court right now possibly even in the finals.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #1641

This one is gonna hurt for a while for me. I'm out. My heads about to explode and I've got to try and go to sleep even though I know that sure as hell ain't going to happen.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #1642
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles Ugh, a loss against Richie in the final would have been so much easier to deal with - I hate Berdych with a passion (even more so after the end of that match!) You would think Gilles deserved some good luck after the recent injury struggles, but that's the way tennis goes sometimes. Anyway, lots of reasons to be incredibly proud of him for these past few weeks, and majorly positive signs going forward. Getting another top-10 win (almost closing out a second today.) And of course, keeping the title streak going. It's hard not to be sad about this loss, but I'm still just happy to see him back on the court and playing well

Last edited by HalBanks : 09-28-2013 at 11:00 AM.
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #1643
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sad for the loss, but like HailBanks said I'm happy to see him playing great. I think that if he had been 100% on serve ( he couldn't serve well today) he would have beaten Berdych ( the match-up is clearly an advantage). I hope he's not too discouraged and can play well in Tokyo, he has Granollers on R1, Monaco/Nieminen on R2 and Tsonga on the QF. Marcell is somewhat a bad match-up for Gilles, and so is Monaco, so Gilles needs to recover phisically and play well.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #1644
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Just a little note from the match to cheer you guys up. Gilles arrived considerably late at around 11:30 am at the court this morning for 1 pm. match :P (Berdych arrived at 10 am.) My girlfriends were asking for photos with him but he declined as he's in a rush but then one girl was standing next to him and the other holding camera up and saying 1-2-3 and then shoot. Gilles then looked into the camera and smiled. So everybody was happy He was really really nice with fans. You can tell from the loud support from the audience.

(I'm not too disappointed about today's result as I also want Gilles to get some rest after Metz, the flight to Bangkok and the injury, etc).

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #1645
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Too tired to be pissed last nite after the match, now that I slept enough and think back, it's really maddening that they can miss that call, the ball was not even close to the line. That umpire is useless. But anyway, Gilles' probably has a little fault too, he got too emotionally and didn't use his challenges wisely.

Anyhow, I'm not too upset at the loss itself, just pissed at the way it ended. It was a 3 hrs match, and I cannot imagine him having to get up tomorrow and play another match, in his condition. So him ended up losing the match wasn't that bad. He said it after Metz that his abs is sore, and seems that has gotten more problematic, based on the look of yesterday. And that's on top with his back issue. The man needs a rest. That Tokyo draw is brutal. I never have high hope for Tokyo though cos Gilles always seems not to do will there. But I hope he's back to 100% for Shanghai, that's the one he really needs to do well.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #1646

Well I'm still pissed. More than likely Gilles should be in his second consecutive final right now and now that Gasquet lost of course, he had a shot against Raonic but alas, he was blatantly screwed out of that opportunity. All the fight for nothing. He could've just retired a few games in and rested up but he fought like the champion that he is but it pisses me off because it was wasted on a bad call. It turned out to be all for nothing. The fight and struggle and not even being able to sit in his chair and the constant grabbing at his left abdominal muscle. It was all for nothing because the linesman and the chair umpire decided not to do their job.

All the odds were already stacked against Gilles. Berdych was healthy, Gilles wasn't. Berdych had easy power from both wings, Gilles had to scrap and fight for every point during the rally. Berdych got tons of free points (beyond the one he was given at the end) from his huge serve, Gilles had to win every point off of a rally practically. With all those odds stacked against Gilles he was still on the verge of overcoming them but then the call went against him too so the odds became too much for him to overcome so I can't just be ok with it as easily I guess as some of you can and move on so easily. I wish I could but I can't. I have to stew about it some more and vent.

Opportunities don't come along like this as often anymore for Gilles and to be screwed out of a potential nother final is infuriating to me. Further more it pisses me off how it's not even mentioned on the ATP site in the article how Berdych got a lucky break on a bad call that allowed him to defend the last of the three straight break points he had against him at 6-5 0-40 in the 3rd set. They just report it like Berdych overcame the adversity fair and square to win the match and finally beat Gilles after three consecutive losses, but you can sure as hell bet that if it were Federer, Nadal or Djokovic that that had happened to they would most definitely bring it to peoples attention in the article, but not Gilles of course because it's just Gilles. It's pathetic and disgusting all around to me.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #1647
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
All the fight for nothing. He could've just retired a few games in and rested up but he fought like the champion that he is but it pisses me off because it was wasted on a bad call. It turned out to be all for nothing. The fight and struggle and not even being able to sit in his chair and the constant grabbing at his left abdominal muscle. It was all for nothing because the linesman and the chair umpire decided not to do their job.
It is true. But that's why we love Gilles, isn't it. It's all too easy for him to bail the first sight of seeing himself having no chance to win. Like he almost went 0-4 in the first set before his body even be able to warm up and get those blood running thru the sore muscles. Some players give up all too easily, or they went thru the motion thinking that the odds are against them anyways. But not Gilles, he fights, as he always does. It's that fighting spirit in him that makes him so special, to us anyway. It's pity that he didn't win, but I love the fact that he fought to the last moment regardless how his body felt, how things didn't go his way, he just keep trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Further more it pisses me off how it's not even mentioned on the ATP site in the article how Berdych got a lucky break on a bad call that allowed him to defend the last of the three straight break points he had against him at 6-5 0-40 in the 3rd set. They just report it like Berdych overcame the adversity fair and square to win the match and finally beat Gilles after three consecutive losses, but you can sure as hell bet that if it were Federer, Nadal or Djokovic that that had happened to they would most definitely bring it to peoples attention in the article, but not Gilles of course because it's just Gilles. It's pathetic and disgusting all around to me.
Whoever wrote the article probably didn't watch the match to know what had happened. Besides, it's not good publicity to tell ppl that the tour umpire and linesmen are useless, and the hawkeyes system is flawed. They gave the players 3 challenges and took away them if your challenge is wrong. So in a way, they punished the player for being wrong. But they never punish the umpire or linesmen for being wrong, don't they? So why is the players being punished? I never can understand why hawkeyes can't just be the electronic line calling device that works for every point. I mean, we got the unofficial review of that pt on our TV the moment after the point was over, and knew that the call was wrong. Why must the player have to challenge it? why can't the umpire have that review on his screen after every problematic calls to be told that the call was incorrect? I still can't get over why hawkeyes can only be used selectively. Oh well.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #1648

Sweet justice! Berdych was beaten routinely by Raonic 7-6 6-3. I don't normally root against a player but rather for the player I want to win, but the situation with Gilles Simon left a bad bad taste in my mouth and I was firmly rooting against Berdych today. I know it wasn't his fault the bad call was made, but I just didn't feel like he deserved to be there in the finals let alone win it so I don't mind saying that I feel a sweet sense of vindication for Gilles that he lost.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:47 PM   #1649
country flag Casp83

Casp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond repute

He said he has a 30% chance to play Tokyo.
Casp83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #1650
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casp83 View Post
He said he has a 30% chance to play Tokyo.
Damn. His fragile body.
He may still play just to avoid the zero-pointer, but probably won't win so it won't make a difference. Again, I don't mind he doesn't do anything in Tokyo. I really hope he'll be good to go in Shanghai though.