The Federer past his prime at 26/27 excuse looks ridiculous now - Page 30 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #436
country flag Ikaros

Ikaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Federer past his prime at 26/27 excuse looks ridiculous now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Part of being GOAT is also how you face challenges. Federer was faced with an opponent like Nadal and has never found a way to really stop him. He's 2-8 against him in slams. I think the GOAT would have found a solution. Nadal certainly found a way to stop Djoko, he didn't bend over. The same goes for beating Rafa at RG, both Fed and Djoko couldn't find a way. But Rafa did improve and find a way to beat grass GOAT Fed at Wimbledon for instance. Some of you will never get that greatness is not only about quantity, but also quality.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I think you're the first Nadal fan ever to approach greatness from the aspect of quality. H2H records, slam titles, m1000 titles, total amount of titles, all quantity arguments.

Let's talk quality. In his prime (over the course of 6 years), Nadal lost in slams prior to reaching the final against Youzhny, Ferrer (twice), Murray (twice), Rosol, Tsonga, and Soderling, all players who had not even been remotely close to winning a Grand Slam up to that point, and all players who did not go on to win the tournament.

Federer, in his prime (over the course of 6 years), lost in slams prior to reaching the final against Safin, Djokovic, and Nadal, each of whom went on to win the tournament, each of whom is a multiple slam winner now.

Just because Federer did not find a way to beat Nadal at RG does not discredit him as a player. Nadal has not found a way to beat Federer on indoor hard courts either. I guess he should consider himself lucky that isn't a slam surface..
Ikaros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #437
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
I think you're the first Nadal fan ever to approach greatness from the aspect of quality. H2H records, slam titles, m1000 titles, total amount of titles, all quantity arguments.

Let's talk quality. In his prime (over the course of 6 years), Nadal lost in slams prior to reaching the final against Youzhny, Ferrer (twice), Murray (twice), Rosol, Tsonga, and Soderling, all players who had not even been remotely close to winning a Grand Slam up to that point, and all players who did not go on to win the tournament.

Federer, in his prime (over the course of 6 years), lost in slams prior to reaching the final against Safin, Djokovic, and Nadal, each of whom went on to win the tournament, each of whom is a multiple slam winner now.

Just because Federer did not find a way to beat Nadal at RG does not discredit him as a player. Nadal has not found a way to beat Federer on indoor hard courts either. I guess he should consider himself lucky that isn't a slam surface..
Indoor is not a surface, it's still hardcourt. It's like saying windy conditions are a surface or playing in the evening vs day are a surface.

As for the rest of your post, yes every champion has their losses, but Nadal didn't become their helpless bitch. In fact, he has a convincing winning record against these players. They were not a challenge, cause Rafa didn't let them become one and beat them the next time and the one after and after.

And finally, you guys haven't seen Rafa's prime yet. Serena is peaking now she's as invincible as ever. Nadal IMO is reaching his true peak now, you'll see.

nadalfan2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #438
country flag Ikaros

Ikaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond reputeIkaros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Indoor is not a surface, it's still hardcourt. It's like saying windy conditions are a surface or playing in the evening vs day are a surface.

As for the rest of your post, yes every champion has their losses, but Nadal didn't become their helpless bitch. In fact, he has a convincing winning record against these players. They were not a challenge, cause Rafa didn't let them become one and beat them the next time and the one after and after.

And finally, you guys haven't seen Rafa's prime yet. Serena is peaking now she's as invincible as ever. Nadal IMO is reaching his true peak now, you'll see.

Discussing whether or not to call 'indoor hard court' a different surface to 'outdoor hard court' does not disqualify my point.

Player-to-player, Nadal has the more convincing record, yes. Slam-by-slam, Federer has the more convincing record. There's no denying that. Nadal can have all the victories he wants on the tournaments that fill the calendar to tally the H2Hs in his favor - it's the slams that matter. Champions are supposed to perform when it matters most - that is why the 267 consecutive weeks at no.1 is such an unbelievable achievement.

Also, I'm going to allow myself to quote that last sentence in my sig.
Ikaros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #439

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaros View Post
Discussing whether or not to call 'indoor hard court' a different surface to 'outdoor hard court' does not disqualify my point.

Player-to-player, Nadal has the more convincing record, yes. Slam-by-slam, Federer has the more convincing record. There's no denying that. Nadal can have all the victories he wants on the tournaments that fill the calendar to tally the H2Hs in his favor - it's the slams that matter. Champions are supposed to perform when it matters most - that is why the 267 consecutive weeks at no.1 is such an unbelievable achievement.

Also, I'm going to allow myself to quote that last sentence in my sig.
Again you don't know what to say so you change the subject and talk about weeks at no.1. Good for you. I'll be sure to quote some of Rafa's record too but unlike Fed who's done, I'll wait after Rafa adds even more records in the next few years

Last edited by nadalfan2013 : 09-24-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #440
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's prime: 2004-2009 (Best 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
Nadal's prime: 2008-2013 (Best 2008, 2010, 2013)
Not too different. Federer had 4 great years, Nadal 3. 6 years of semi-primeness for both. Federer's peak was just more standard,- started 2004, ended 2007. Nadal's is the weird one- started 2008, ended 2009, resumed 2010, ended fall 2010, resumed 2013.

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:19 PM   #441
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

With all these new dulltards, my ignore-list is getting bigger and bigger

Their h2h obsession is just
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #442
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Krajicek and Hewitt > Sampras
Davydenko and Rosol > Nadal
Ferrer > Roddick
Stoppini > Agassi

H2H is so important, like
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #443
country flag JarkaFish
Banned!

JarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond reputeJarkaFish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emotion View Post
Federer's prime: 2004-2009 (Best 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007)
Nadal's prime: 2008-2013 (Best 2008, 2010, 2013)
Not too different. Federer had 4 great years, Nadal 3. 6 years of semi-primeness for both. Federer's peak was just more standard,- started 2004, ended 2007. Nadal's is the weird one- started 2008, ended 2009, resumed 2010, ended fall 2010, resumed 2013.
You forgot 2011.
JarkaFish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #444

Nadal's prime is 2014, 2015 & 2016. Enjoy...

Old 09-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #445
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal's prime is 2014, 2015 & 2016. Enjoy...

yes, love your shoes btw

Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:52 PM   #446
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I will tell you something about prime.

This thread is past its prime.
this forum is past its prime.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:22 AM   #447
country flag Joe H

Joe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond reputeJoe H has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
With all these new dulltards, my ignore-list is getting bigger and bigger

Their h2h obsession is just
mine is getting bigger too. unfortunately still see some posts by those i banned when others quote them
Joe H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 AM   #448
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Fed cried about injury & illness when he lost to Murray, Safin, Nalbandian & Blake. He yelled at Nalbandian & Murray during Masters Cup 2005 & 2012 Australian Open.
Fed insulted Djoker's parents when they didn't bow down to him.
Unlike Hewitt & Roddick's parents, Djoker's parents actually showed up.
Unlike Roddick, Djoker showed up on clay to beat Nadal & Fed.

Meanwhile, Nadal & Djoker had real injury & illness in 2007-2008, 2010 & 2011. They still had multiple Masters titles & the Davis Cup title.
Federer never came close to having a huge win streak against the weak era clowns in 2004.

He had injury excuses when Safin & Nalbandian beat him because no one had the right to beat him in the weak era.
He skipped Davis Cup because his Slam matches were "FOUGHT BY LEGENDS". LOL

He was beaten by Djoker, then claimed he was so sick all year, even though he beat his turkey Davydenko to win the Mickey Mouse Estoril clay title.
Yet, Fed smiled arrogantly when Nadal was exhausted from beating Davydenko & Moya in clay semifinals.

Fed emphatically said he dominated the tour from October
2011 to March 2012. What a prick.

He was voted Sportsmanship award winner by his students Roddick & Ljubicic. LMAO
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #449
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Fed cried about injury & illness when he lost to Murray, Safin, Nalbandian & Blake. He yelled at Nalbandian & Murray during Masters Cup 2005 & 2012 Australian Open.
Fed insulted Djoker's parents when they didn't bow down to him.
Unlike Hewitt & Roddick's parents, Djoker's parents actually showed up.
Unlike Roddick, Djoker showed up on clay to beat Nadal & Fed.

Meanwhile, Nadal & Djoker had real injury & illness in 2007-2008, 2010 & 2011. They still had multiple Masters titles & the Davis Cup title.
Federer never came close to having a huge win streak against the weak era clowns in 2004.

He had injury excuses when Safin & Nalbandian beat him because no one had the right to beat him in the weak era.
He skipped Davis Cup because his Slam matches were "FOUGHT BY LEGENDS". LOL

He was beaten by Djoker, then claimed he was so sick all year, even though he beat his turkey Davydenko to win the Mickey Mouse Estoril clay title.
Yet, Fed smiled arrogantly when Nadal was exhausted from beating Davydenko & Moya in clay semifinals.

Fed emphatically said he dominated the tour from October
2011 to March 2012. What a prick.

He was voted Sportsmanship award winner by his students Roddick & Ljubicic. LMAO
And Nole's mom didn't insult Fed with her statement, "The King is dead?"

Injuries are part of the game. You can distinguish between real and fake injuries? If Fed has done a good job scheduling and has a game that's easy on the body, why should that count against him? Likewise, if Nadal has the type of game that's hard on the knees or doesn't schedule properly, why come up with the excuses? In the end, it's all in the resume - what each player accomplished during his time in the sun - not who was injured, not head to head, not weak/strong era, etc. All players have holes - who's got the strongest resume?
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #450
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Prime Roddick of 2003-2004 was overpowering to nearly everyone but Roger, who could handle his power better than anyone. I'm positive he would have loved to have Murray's draw at this Wimbledon if he was in his 2004 form. Heck, even if he was in his 2009 form.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote