Can someone tell me about the Babolat E-Sense? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-06-2011, 01:45 AM   #1
country flag lason

lason is on a distinguished road
Default Can someone tell me about the Babolat E-Sense?

I went into Sports Authority today and looked at a few racquets. The sales guy recommended the Babolat E-Sense for me as I mostly play just on the weekends and he said it would be a big improvement over my Dunlop Revelation (got it for $3.50 at a thrift store) that I've been playing with. I went online to see if there were any reviews but I can't find anything on this particular racquet. It's almost like it doesn't exist. The racquet is red and white with black grip. I've seen the Lite and Comp versions online but I don't think it's either of those. I'm thinking about getting it if it would help my game. Any help would be appreciated.
lason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can someone tell me about the Babolat E-Sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lason View Post
I went into Sports Authority today and looked at a few racquets. The sales guy recommended the Babolat E-Sense for me as I mostly play just on the weekends and he said it would be a big improvement over my Dunlop Revelation (got it for $3.50 at a thrift store) that I've been playing with. I went online to see if there were any reviews but I can't find anything on this particular racquet. It's almost like it doesn't exist. The racquet is red and white with black grip. I've seen the Lite and Comp versions online but I don't think it's either of those. I'm thinking about getting it if it would help my game. Any help would be appreciated.
It's because it's a piece of crap lol I looked it up and its 89$ online. You could find old models by wilson, head, dunlop, and prince for the same price and they are actual rackets that people use. Tenniswarehouse.com gives you the best bang for your buck, order a racket from them and you wont be sorry. Other alternatives are midwestsports and tennisexpress, but the majority of people stick with tennis warehouse. Never buy a racket from Dick's or sports authourity, their selection is terrible and they are waaaaay overpriced. At tennis warehouse there are tons of consumer reviews, and some rackets are expert reviewed. Good luck and let me know if you have trouble finding something you like.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
country flag lason

lason is on a distinguished road

People don't use Babolat racquets? I thought Nadal and Roddick did. My Dunlop is an oversize and the guy at the store said a smaller racquet head would be better for my game and that this racquet would be lighter too. I generally avoid big box stores but I happened to be in the area and decided to see what they had. He recommended the Babolat over more expensive racquets by Wilson and Prince.
lason is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 05:16 AM   #4

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lason View Post
People don't use Babolat racquets? I thought Nadal and Roddick did. My Dunlop is an oversize and the guy at the store said a smaller racquet head would be better for my game and that this racquet would be lighter too. I generally avoid big box stores but I happened to be in the area and decided to see what they had. He recommended the Babolat over more expensive racquets by Wilson and Prince.
Many people use babolat and they are a good company, however that particular racket is a complete piece of junk. You can find the ones that Roddick and Nadal use online, however the mainstream babolat's retail for about $190-$120 unstrung (however tennis warehouse is doing a promotion right now where you can get a premium set of rpm blast string for free. Thats the stuff that a-rod and nadal use it costs like 17$ per set) I suggested other brands because they tend to offer more cost friendly options because they drop the price on their older rackets ie: dunlop aerogel 500/600 (55-65$)Prince hybrid hornet (80$) wilson k series (120-65$) or head liquidmetal/microgel radical (90$/70$). I'm a big advocate of the liquidmetal radical because it gives you the best bang for your buck.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 AM   #5
country flag BestOfTheHistori

BestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond repute

I have this racket and i just broke the strings. should i spend $20-40 on getting it restrung or should buy a new racket. I am 23 years old and i have been playing for 3 years (3-4 days) during the summer. If i should get a new racket, what do you recommend. I am basically a baseline pusher, who can't play at the net. I struggle generating the pace to hit winners but i have decent control.
Davis Cup Champion - 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011
Olympic Gold Medalist - 2008
ATP Weeks at No.1 - 141

23 > 10 = /thread
BestOfTheHistori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestOfTheHistori View Post
I have this racket and i just broke the strings. should i spend $20-40 on getting it restrung or should buy a new racket. I am 23 years old and i have been playing for 3 years (3-4 days) during the summer. If i should get a new racket, what do you recommend. I am basically a baseline pusher, who can't play at the net. I struggle generating the pace to hit winners but i have decent control.
It all depends on what you can afford. I'd order through TW/MidwestSports/HolabridSports if you can get any of them in Canada. What is your price range?