Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold... - Page 105 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #1561
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
A week off from board work or managing, because it doesn't matter if you are managing, you are on the board, so are still pulling the strings.
Week off from Managing

Nah it's honestly really not like that, there's five of us, I might sometimes be seen to be the more visible one because I'm online more but it's all a team effort between all five. I just provide the glamour and do the PR
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #1562
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
I think I won a point. Only one I won the first qualy round on St. Petersburg, if I know well that gives 10 points. But I'm not even sure those points are countable. To be honest I don't follow ranking points that much.

It happened three times already. Now 4th time as it's almost 2 am.
Not for me.
I checked and those 9 points are not in your countables anyway.

The CH win I had today is really good for me, because it means I will no question be in Shanghai qualys, I also might even be lucky enough to nab a seed there.

Last edited by J99 : 09-22-2013 at 06:09 PM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #1563
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Week off from Managing

Nah it's honestly really not like that, there's five of us, I might sometimes be seen to be the more visible one because I'm online more but it's all a team effort between all five. I just provide the glamour and do the PR
Yeah I know, just having really poor draw luck lately.

You will make sure I play someone at least lower ranked than I in Mons right.

Last edited by J99 : 09-22-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #1564
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I know, just having really poor draw luck lately.

You will make sure I play someone at least lower ranked than I in Mons right.

Did the entry lists earlier and you're 10th in the entry list.

No way - the draw maker decides your fate, not me.

I've been pushed into quallies for my event as defending champion
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #1565
country flag J99

Quote:
Did the entry lists earlier and you're 10th in the entry list.

No way - the draw maker decides your fate, not me.

I've been pushed into quallies for my event as defending champion
I saw that I was 10th, so I'll probably get a seed in R1 now.

Sure it does.

That's bad luck, it seems maybe someone is determined to have you leave the top 100, then again, being ranked 80 meant that getting in directly this week was going to be very difficult.

Last edited by J99 : 09-22-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #1566
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
I saw that I was 10th, so I'll probably get a seed in R1 now.

Sure it does.

That's bad luck, it seems maybe someone is determined to have you leave the top 100.
I've decided to be confident about my prospects and have decided I am going to win Kuala Lumpur first which will keep me there
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #1567
country flag J99

Quote:
I've decided to be confident about my prospects and have decided I am going to win Kuala Lumpur first which will keep me there
To have you, Marto and Gav out of the top 100 would just not be right.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:26 PM   #1568
country flag J99

I better not draw Di in Mons.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #1569
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
To have you, Marto and Gav out of the top 100 would just not be right.
I suppose the upside is that next year we have less to defend and more chances - it's all part of the fun. For me that's only one part of the game, I also like the getting to know the players with the interviews and stuff, I've made some great friends from it.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #1570
country flag J99

Quote:
I suppose the upside is that next year we have less to defend and more chances - it's all part of the fun. For me that's only one part of the game, I also like the getting to know the players with the interviews and stuff, I've made some great friends from it.
Yes, I've of course got to know you better here, but if your friends aren't ranked near enough to where you are, you maybe won't see them as much and can't play doubles with them.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #1571
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yes, I've of course got to know you better here, but if your friends aren't ranked near enough to where you are, you won't see them as much and can't play doubles with them.
That's a case in point

I've not had many doubles partners long term, been partners with Bruno for 2 years, and have partnered Mateusz over in TF for 4 years now.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #1572
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Ello..
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #1573
country flag J99

Hey there.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #1574
country flag J99

Adey, you won Beijing from qualys last year, entry ranked #196 at that, beating some excellent players along the way, I wonder how many people have done such a thing, surely you can do something similar again.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #1575
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Adey, you won Beijing from qualys last year, entry ranked #196 at that, beating some excellent players along the way, I wonder how many people have done such a thing, surely you can do something similar again.
It was a lucky event for me - perhaps Beijing will be as lucky for me playing the game as Helsinki has been for me in managing

Where are you planning to play for the rest of the year - do you work out schedules or just look week-by-week?