Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 164 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #2446
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Here's the important bit:

Otherwise, then, can the recovery ahead and have you been able to train this summer?

It's like I said before, very slowly, but it goes forward all the time. I keeps the body and try to turn on the ball a few times a week, albeit at a slow pace. I listen to your body carefully and really hope I will be able to get back out on tour again.

Did you follow tennis much otherwise?

I read the results and I watched a little bit in French and Wimbledon. Then when you are now back in Sweden as much as one can always hear even if results on Summer Tour and Futures, and so on. By the way, I heard a friend tell you about our junior Simon Freund. - I heard that he had won a bunch of ITF's in a row and even a Summer Tour Tournamnet and still has a year left as a junior. It's insane fun. Just hope he has the glow and the willingness to work and now focus even more. He has a few crucial years ahead of him. I remember myself how hard I focused the years, so I hope he has the same drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #2447
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

No this is the important part

Quote:
Hopefully I'm in Cincinnati at this time next year. I'd rather throw a big BBQ party for the neighbours if I win Swedish Open again.

Should we take that as a promise?

-Haha yeah let's say that.

But yes his recovery is still so freaking slow. When he still talks about listening to his body and taking it easy etc it's the talk of a sick man. Wish there could be some breakthrough were he just says: I don't feel anything anymore, lets go!
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #2448
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

I came across this:

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Rob...colo15741.html

Quote:
Robin Soderling played his last match in July 2011, in the final of the tournament in Bastad win against David Ferrer. Struck by mononucleosis, the Swedish tennis player was then forced to leave the tennis courts, and currently is struggling with a post-viral syndrome. Despite having picked up the racket in a few short training sessions and its values ​​are now back to normal, Robin said they still feel very tired and not being able to recover. According to him, would attempt the big return to the Masters 1000 in Paris, scheduled from October 28 to November 3.

"I'd like to return to Paris Bercy" the Swede said in a recent interview. "But unfortunately only depend on my body. know that you journalists and fans would want to know when I return to play ... I can only tell you that I'm trying, I really hope I can. "
He has a target. It's unlikely he'll be ready in the almost two months when Paris Bercy starts, but this is the first time I think I've read he's picked an event that's a remote possibility to return in, so I guess that's a good sign?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #2449
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I came across this:

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Rob...colo15741.html

He has a target. It's unlikely he'll be ready in the almost two months when Paris Bercy starts, but this is the first time I think I've read he's picked an event that's a remote possibility to return in, so I guess that's a good sign?
What interview? To whom Robin gave this interview? When?
these Italian sites are not the most reliable sources unfortunately, they like to make news out of nothing

but I don't rule out that he will attempt to come back in Bercy. Although it's logical to assume that it will be If Stockholm Open, if he feels ready to come back this year
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #2450
country flag FlameOn

^ I think it would be weird for a site to make up something like that. Robin is missed but surely not missed enough for sites to make up stories about him. I did see another article in Swedish that said something similar afterwards, but IDK.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:57 AM   #2451
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

all Swedish articles, which published this week the news of Robin's comeback, gave a reference to the Italian sites as a source.

Robin recently said, "Why should I give a date?" and now everyone believes what he calls the tournament without being sure? No one finds it strange?
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #2452
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

I think if Robin felt so good he considered a comeback in Bercy, why wouldn't he aim for Stockholm Open instead? It's only 2 weeks before Bercy. There he could've trained with the best swedes and those in that "good to great" group and make sure he felt comfortable about his level.

So I'm afraid they might have taken Bercy out of the air. I also doubt Robin said it.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #2453
country flag FlameOn

True I suppose - playing in Sweden would mean not much travel either. Just shows even 'journalists' are eager for a Robin comeback . So eager they make up stories.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #2454
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

tennis needs soderking back, asap!
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:58 PM   #2455
country flag FlameOn

OMG, no news, not even fake news since September!

Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 AM   #2456
country flag FlameOn

Oops no, there is something from this month but it's not good. Bjorkman gives very grim assessment.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Tennis...colo14611.html

Quote:
Tennis - Sweden's Jonas Bjorkman, who recently made a doubles comeback on the ATP circuit, says former top 5 Swedish player Robin Soderling wants to come back to tennis but is still not fit enough more than two years after coming down with glandular fever.

Speaking to Sport360.com, Bjorkman says, "He wants to be back, there’s no doubt. Every time we come to Bastad or Stockholm, he more or less disappears because he doesn’t want to be too close. But I practised with him two weeks before the tournament. He plays maybe twice a week but very very slow. Maybe five, 10 minutes then he rests for 10 minutes. So he’s still suffering from his illness and it’s a shame. Because the way he hits the ball, if he’s able to be completely healthy, it’s no doubt that he’ll be top 20 in six to eight months because he hits the ball so well. He has to do a lot of work obviously because he’s dropped so many kilos because he has no muscles left. His physique is not there, he has to do a lot, but once he gets to that stage he can be top 20, I think even top 10.

Talking about the decline of Swedish tennis, Bjorkman says, "Tennis has changed, many more countries are playing, so it’s a much wider sport than before. We have dropped also because we lost all our great coaches. All the great coaches that we had got great offers from international sides. Peter Lundgren was coaching Roger Federer, my coach was coaching Mario Ancic and we had some in the English federation. So our juniors haven’t been able to get the coaching level they should have."
Old 12-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #2457
country flag FlameOn

Merry Christmas all .

Last night I dreamed that Robin played some exhibition tournament and beat a bunch of players he easily should've (including Elena Dementieva for some reason) and beat Gael Monfils in the final. The main part of this tournament was that he was well enough to play full matches .

Anyway...dreams are nice. I'm not optimistic anymore, but we'll see what 2014 brings for him.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #2458
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

oh..miss him so much...last time when i went to Sweden, the limited time didn't allow me to go the shop to check about the RS tennis. Maybe next time, if time allows.
Have a nice year, all my friends here.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #2459
country flag MaxPower

Soderling will be guest commentator on swedish eurosport for the AO final. Good to see some life sign

bit troubling too. Could also be a hint of Robin trying out some other things, thinking about his career after being a player....

Oh well it's gonna be interesting because just like Wawrinka he's been in the same spot, slam final, Norman as trainer, having to play the ultimate grinder Nadal over BO 5 sets. Hope he can provide some cool insight!
Old 01-25-2014, 04:53 AM   #2460
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Ohh I would love to hear that - I think he would have some really cool things to say!!

I know its something we never wanted to face but I have essentially accepted that Robin won't come back. But if he's commentating, my take is that he still wants to be involved in tennis, just not as a player anymore. Magnus retired super young due to injury and look at him now - one of the most highly respected coaches out there. Maybe if we're lucky we'll see more of Robin in other ways?