Discuss YOUR tennis - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #61
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Discuss YOUR tennis

I think the biggest thing I learnt from the video is I have a bad ball toss . It's not in front of me to swing at it 's to the side . Really to the side lol
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #62
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Djoker View Post
I think the biggest thing I learnt from the video is I have a bad ball toss . It's not in front of me to swing at it 's to the side . Really to the side lol
hey, cool. it's your serve afterall.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #63

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C View Post
hey, cool. it's your serve afterall.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Yeah well I want to have a better serve . It's been tweaked a lot since I started . I've never found it easy extending my arm fully on the serve . I also get shoulder pain from time to time. I got it after I played a singles match the same day as I went to the gym . Found it hard to get into the match but started getting into it once I started hitting my serves much harder out of desperation . I got a few more games but my shoulder was bad by the end of the match .
Old 08-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C View Post
I think you really could benefit from coaching - either a pro or a friend who knows the fundamentals.

You are not getting a full extension on both your tossing and hitting arm. Your shoulder (and hip) turn is inadequate, and you're not using your legs. All these add up to a pretty weak serve. You also have a hitch in your swing but it may resolve once you have the proper motion.

Do you realize that you move your front foot so that you end up mostly facing the court before you even begin your swing? That inhibits the shoulder and hip turn. You might want to position your back foot behind your front foot (it's hard to describe, but facing sideways on the court, take your back foot and move it a little behind you).

When you toss the ball, don't drop your right arm (since you're a lefty) too soon, make sure you're getting a good extension with it. This will help with your full service motion because you'll drop your left shoulder.

You break your wrist during your swing (i.e. you cock your wrist so your racket kind of flops back behind you). In a normal service motion, the racket naturally drops behind; there is no need to actively cock the wrist, it simply remains relaxed until the pronation right before the ball strike.

Again, try to get full extension as you hit the ball - tossing it higher will help.

There are lots of instructional videos on YouTube showing the proper service motion, but it really helps to get someone who will correct your particular issues.
I tried leaving my tossing arm up for longer and it definitely seemed to help a bit .
Old 08-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #65
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

LOL ... next one is me ...
1 - From 7 years old till 14years old (2003 January - 2010 July) I played like no one ... i don't know such style. Heavy topspin loopy backhand , moderate topspin forehand with a flat parabola. Flat first serve , slice second serve. Returning like nadal from at least 3 meters behind the baseline on first and 2 meters behind the baseline on second serve returns. I couldn't volley nor drop shot ... but i was god at Lobs , both aggressive and defensive. I was NEVER attacking the ball , never means never , even easy sitters i was only directing them somewhere around the court and running back to my 3(at least) metres behind the baseline. During ralies i only ran. I couldn't slice at all. I sliced with my forehand 5% of the times ... just to junk ball a weak side-spin slice which landed in the mid of the court thus bouncing to his backhand.
2 - Since 2010 August i began to play like Davydenko. The three basic shots: Serve , forehand , backhand + the return. They are 90% like Davydenko ... sometimes i'm recognized for this. With the exception that only last year around August 2012 i began to occasionaly (15% of the time) slice with my backhand and improved my defensive forehand clay-slice. This means sliding like mad to my forehand side and reaching unbelievable balls to slice them when they're about to hit the ground. (So i'm basically Davydenko who uses more often slice). My weaknesses are: Volleys , Injury-proneness (with the exception of Drive volleys i'm somewhat good to great at them)
Since i'm one of the quickest guys on the Bulgarian tour. (maybe top 3 quickest around the court) I'm well known for that.
My height: 179
Kilograms: 70
23rd in the Bulgarian national rankings.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #66
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

TBkeeper, does your Davydenko style make you more successful on hard courts (despite i can imagine you play rarely on those), compared to clay?

About myself - my parents gave me a racquet for my 15th Bday and i fell in love with the sport since then.

Was playing 50 to 60 hours a week (from 2pm after school till 11pm when the lights went out) with 3 friends in my first 2 years, so i improved quite fast.

Then i stopped for some 10 years (was abroad when starting, came back to Bulgaria and it was a tough time for everything, tennis included, with its handful of clubs at the time) and restarted like 7-8 years ago on the local amateur tours.

I'm ranked 6th in the seniors tour right now in my age group and have my chances to climb 2 places after the tournament at the end of the month, so i'm preparing

I'm recognized with my wicked kick second serve. I have a strong FH, one handed BH, i can do pretty much all with the ball, with two major flaws - My ROS is just awful, it takes me loads of time to find some rhythm and against a good, variate server i would often have serious problems, luckily it's rarely the stronger side of the guys in the seniors tour.

But my main flaw is my stamina. I'm quite heavy and often lesser players grind me down.
And with the format of the seniors competitions (1 set matches, sometimes up to 9 games, but at least 4 per day if you win them) i often am totally drained after my 3rd match and can't even move.

Sometimes even for the 3rd round i'm half a player, if the draw brings some tight first/second rounds.

But i'm working on it and i enjoy tennis just as much the very few other pleasures in life, it's my only hobby and way to manage the stress from the week.

Can't play much off tournaments, so if i manage to play once per 2 weeks aside the week ends, i'm more than happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
there won't be many WC matches that are going to be played at the same time of Wimby, but if I have to choose, WC will always come first by a long shot. Even if it's Argelia vs. South Korea.
no shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0B1S View Post
Both as long as they don't overlap, but when they do - it's world cup every time for me.
NID
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #67
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
TBkeeper, does your Davydenko style make you more successful on hard courts (despite i can imagine you play rarely on those), compared to clay?
I train my whole life on asphalt courts. (That's why since 2011 i've had 5 major injuries with my left leg ... strangely my right leg is perfectly stable unlike my left...) (That's i think cause my brother is leftie and he's constantly rushing me far out-wide to my backhand and i'm stopping with my left leg putting to much pressure on it for 10th and a half consecutive year + my running style of play.)
My first style of play of course was greater on clay ... MORE STRANGELY the moment i changed to the Davydenko style i became instantly twice as better on the asphalt and indoor surfaces... although my strenght is stil clay and i'm more like pre-2006denko about this... better on Clay.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:20 AM   #68

Had a shocker today 2 sets with a pusher , moon baller , dinker . Whatever you want to call it . Won the first 6-1 and lost the second 6-2 . Was very angry with someone, for virtually giving him advice threw out the second set as he beats me a lot .
Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #69
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

my BH is awful, i sometimes play v my sis and she knows the moment the ball will go to my BH she has the point.

its bc i dont feel Comfortable using one or two BH..

first time i post in this area..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:28 PM   #70

Gained my revenge on the Dinker . 6-4 . He managed a absolutely crazy half volley past me when I was coming into net to finish a point off .
Old 09-08-2013, 10:34 PM   #71

Played my last club singles comp of the year and lost 6-2 , 6-0 in the first round . Guy just outclassed me . I am left handed but I can't honestly believe I've played 3 club singles comps this year in my town and every time I've lost my first match to another left handed player .
Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 PM   #72

Doubles is going better . 2 mixed and 1 men's . Played first match in 2 of them and me and my partners have won 2 and 0 and 1 and 0 .
Old 09-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #73

Lost men's doubles and 1 mixed doubles in straights . Won 2nd round on my main clubs mixed doubles . 6-2 , 6-4 . Gone back to my old serve as well and thankfully it's back to being good . (For my level ) . Playing first match in a singles ladder tonight . Can't wait .
Old 09-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #74

Won 6-2 , 6-1 . Yay !
Old 10-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #75

Won my second match in the ladder in unusual circumstances . Lost the first set 4-6 . Then went 4-1 up in second. Then a fucking band started playing on one of the other courts . Got broken back to 4-3 me on serve . Then got taken off . ( playing indoors so that was odd ) resumed a week later and decided we would make it best of 5 . Lost the second 7-5 . Then won the third 7-6 (1) won the fourth 6-1 . Then did a champions tiebreak for the decider which I won 10-3 .