Biting into the Big Apple - US Open 2013! SUCCESS!!! TROPHY BITTEN! - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #106
country flag BestOfTheHistori

BestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Biting into the Big Apple - US Open 2013!

I think Azarenka should make quick of Hantuchova
Davis Cup Champion - 2004, 2008, 2009, 2011
Olympic Gold Medalist - 2008
ATP Weeks at No.1 - 141

23 > 10 = /thread
BestOfTheHistori is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #107
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Expected but impressive nevertheless. Ruthless! Rafa so wanted to win the third game of the 2nd set. Most positive aspect about the match is probably the effect (it will surely) have on Gasquet. 0-10 h2h, 4 games lost>>>5 sets played & opponent (Rafa) hasn't lost serve all tourney. < Tough for any player to be positive.
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #108
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was easy.

Poor Tommy!
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 52m
Aside from everything else, Petra Kvitova is also the first player in WTA history to successfully recover from Radek Stepanek... #Wimbledon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalusbrian View Post
Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 1h
Yes, Genie Bouchard is the next Maria Sharapova...in that she's being overwhelmed by Petra Kvitova in a #Wimbledon final. Up 6-3, 2-0.:
:
deestruction.tumblr.com
Naudio Spanlatine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:56 AM   #109

BestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond reputeBestOfTheHistori has a reputation beyond repute

easier than i thought, Gasquet will be tougher. Especially if his backhand is on.
ATP Weeks at No.1 - 141

23 > 10 = /thread
Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 AM   #110
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa did really well I just hope he can keep it up

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #111
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

The presser already up folks:

Quote:
Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Q. Did you play especially the first set about as well as you could play on hard courts here? Have you ever played better?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I think I played great the first set. It's my first set so far this year [at] 100 percent. I'm very happy the way I played the first set, I think. I did all the things that you expect to do good in the first set, in my opinion. I am very happy with the way that I moved myself on court, very happy that the way I hit my forehand and my backhand especially. So in general it was my best match of the tournament, so that's great news to be in quarterfinals and played my best match of the tournament. But every day, no, just happy. To be in the semifinals is very important result for me. Is fantastic win, so just enjoy it today.

Q. You have known Richard Gasquet since you were kids. Can you talk about your relationship with him through the years?

RAFAEL NADAL: He's a nice guy, very nice person, one of the players on the tour that I feel closer because we are from the same age. We always had a good feeling. So it's great, no? When you see a player like Richard that we grow up in, you know, similar ways and we played when we were kids. Today we have the chance to be in the semifinals of the US Open, so is great. Is a great thing for both of us, so very happy.

Q. How good do you feel on hard courts right now?

RAFAEL NADAL: Every day the same (smiling). I don't know. Not every day is the same. You know, I don't have the same feeling every day. I feel that today I played much closer the way that I want to play, playing more aggressive, with my backhand without losing court. When I had the forehand I was able to change the directions a lot of times and with a lot of precision. I'm sure that's the way I have to play to keep having chances to be successful in every surface, but especially on this one. I was able to do it today; I hope to be able to do it in two days.

Q. Do you feel strong, like you saying in the beginning, very aggressive, do you think you're going to be ready to beat Djokovic if you have to in the finals meet with him?

RAFAEL NADAL: Do you think Djokovic will be in the final (laughter)? I don't know if I will be, so I hope to be ready to play a good match against Richard. If not, I will not have the chance to play the final. So if I don't play great match against Richard, I will see the final on TV (laughter). I am focus only to play great match in semifinals against Richard. He had an amazing victory today against an opponent that he didn't have a great score, you know, head to head against David. He was able to change that dynamic, so that's a lot of confidence for him. Now he has two days off of rest, so he will be full confidence and full recovery for that semifinals. I hope to be at my 100 percent. That's the only way I feel I'm going to have my chance in that match.

Q. What kind of match do you expect on Saturday against Richard?

RAFAEL NADAL: I expect to him very good Richard. He's playing a great tournament. Two great wins against Raonic and now against David. Great confidence for him. Five set victories against tough opponents, that's brilliant for him. He will come to that match with good confidence. He will play with confidence. I am sure on that. I need to keep playing my way, aggressive style like I did today. If feels like this and I keep having the feeling of today, I hope to have my chances.
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/int...353312049.html
Old 09-05-2013, 06:54 AM   #112
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm slowly waking up (second cup of coffee so far), I was watching videos of Richard Gasquet and Rafa Nadal just now.

They both seem to have fond memories of their match in Tarpes when they were both about 13 years old. They were asked about it after their QF match and the smiles on their faces is

I'm happy for Richard Gasquet that he's doing well here in the US Open (although, my loyalties will be on the man on the other side of the net in the SF, of course)
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #113
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

two more, two more please rafa

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #114
country flag PileDrive

PileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond reputePileDrive has a reputation beyond repute

With Murray out, i think we are inevitably heading to the Rafole blockbuster to settle it all. Part of me has a hunch that an edge-of-your-seat epic is in store between the two,and it will be the epilogue to a rather nondescrepit Slam in terms of overall quality of tennis..Stan will make Djokovic sweat a bit, but just can't see him pull off the upset..Kind of prefer a big match in the final even if it wont be good for one's health..

Last edited by PileDrive : 09-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.
PileDrive is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #115

I think Stan will definitely push Nole.
ATP Weeks at No.1 - 141

23 > 10 = /thread
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #116
country flag Shanksgiving

Shanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond reputeShanksgiving has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, let's stop beating around the bush and say one match at a time. It's Djokovic-Nadal, again. Part of me wants to see this, although I have to admit I was disappointed Rafa will not be able to play an awful Murray, or at least Murray could have tired Djokovic a bit... Anyway, bring it on. Will be epic.
Shanksgiving is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #117
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

nole is in good form again

allez rafa let them eat dust

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #118
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Why are you so sure Nole will be in the final. I see no reason Wawa not to win the SF match. I am not impressed at all with Nole's form. Also let's first see Rafa wins his SF as well.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #119
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

Let's first focus on Rafa's SF match. 1 match at a time guys. Gasquet is a dangerous player when he's on and he can be on at any given time. Rafa has trouble against single handed BHs who can create incredible angles and Gasquet does this the best on tour. We saw how much this troubled Rafa against Kohli. Let's hope Rafa keeps raising his level and peaks for these next 2 matches. VAMOS RAFA.
The Fearhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #120
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

The Nole/Wawrinka match up is more exciting than Rafa/Gasquet and so hopefully they'll put that as a night match. Would be great if Rafa could get to the final and then watch the other SF in peace to scout out the opponent. I don't give Wawrinka much hope to get 3 sets but you never know... Sick of the Nole/Rafa matches by now - I wouldn't be able to call who would win that match as both Rafa's wins this year have been in tight matches that could have gone either way.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote