Week 02 - Auckland (Int. Series) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2003, 05:05 AM   #31
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Guga in in the finals, Guga is in the finals!!!!

*dances* Woohoo!

He faces the almighty Hrbaty, who never lost to him

Cmon Guga! Lets do it!

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2003, 06:35 AM   #32
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!!
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 12:10 PM   #33
BrasilianAtHeart

BrasilianAtHeart

Go Guga!!!

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides, gravity, we shall harness for good the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, humanity will have discovered fire."

GUGA
FERNANDO
ANDRE
FLAVIO

BrasilianAtHeart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 05:59 PM   #34
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This article is in Auckland's official site!

Day of Worship
Sunday's final of the Heineken Open is a battle between two popular players, but one in particular is almost a god to his legion of travelling fans.

Fourth seed Gustavo Kuerten of Brazil has brought something special to this tournament, win or lose. Look up into the Yock stand and you'll see exactly
what - a bright yellow army of zealots, who worship the ground he walks on.

So perhaps it is appropriate that the final has been rescheduled for a Sunday.

He accepts that they rise and fall on his play, and is almost embarrassed that he cannot always deliver for them. "When I am not playing very well, it is sometimes not easy to stay focused - they cheer, you know, but I'm not feeling that good," Kuerten explains.

"Other times, they push me, lift me, I take energy from them. When I am playing well, I really feel good that they make so much noise."

When asked about Kuerten, his singles final opponent Dominik Hrbaty of Slovakia was full of respect. "He is a great player. I have to concentrate
on the times I beat him - Tokyo, once in Davis Cup in Brazil... and try to be as relaxed as possible."

We looked in the ATP handbook, and found that he was being modest. Those two meetings in Brazil and Japan were the only times the two have met!

Strong Field

About his form in 2003, compared to when he won the Heineken Open in 2001, Hrbaty offered, "You don't compare a tournament that you won with another tournament until you've won it. I think this year's field is stronger.

"I love coming to Auckland... Sydney, the part where the tournament is played, it's all concrete. Not like here, with the parks and trees. People are friendly here, too, it feels good, the atmosphere and everything. Good results here are important, too - you always like coming back somewhere
you've done well."

Kuerten said about Hrbaty that "I have never beaten him, but we never met in a final before. Finals are very different."
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 08:32 PM   #35
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see Guga so confident.
he rocked Zabaleta. Cant define it better. The argentinian played really well, but Guga had an answer to everything he did.

I remember in 2000 when Guga lost twice to Hrbaty, that what gave him MAJOR troubles was Dom´s power, as his groundstrokes were like missiles.

Anyway, beating Guga in a final is NOT a pleasant task. If Hrbaty doesnt take the match under control from the first point, he´s gone.

Last thing, Im not sure if I will be able to come here for the finals... I will have my little sister here with me, and so maybe Ill need to do something else while watching the match on tv. Ill do my best though.

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Old 01-11-2003, 09:12 PM   #36
country flag Jessi

Jessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond reputeJessi has a reputation beyond repute

Hey fellow Gugalovers!

Just popped in to wish our Guga good luck. What a great week for Guga so far. Hope he'll cap it off with a win against Domi tonite.

Go Guga!
v vvvvvvv vvvvvv

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon
Jessi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2003, 10:25 PM   #37
BrasilianAtHeart

BrasilianAtHeart

I wish I got coverage of the tounament here in the States! Sniff...sniff... But I'm glad everything is going well for him! Gosh, his first tournament of 2003 and he's in the finals. I'm sure this is a sign of thngs to come. I wish him all the luck in the world today! I hope someone will post scores for the less fortunate! Love Guga and Love all of ya!

Liz

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides, gravity, we shall harness for good the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, humanity will have discovered fire."

GUGA
FERNANDO
ANDRE
FLAVIO

BrasilianAtHeart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 12:06 AM   #38
country flag Dissident

HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON
HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON HE WON
HE WON HE WON!!!!!!

One for each tournament won! Now its 18 and counting!
And the rebound ace jinx is broken, as Lily said in the score thread.
Now, he will be relaxed for the Aussie, and if he goes through the first couple matches, its gonna be tough to stop him.

Cant describe how happy I am.

TWENTY!
Old 01-12-2003, 01:04 AM   #39
country flag Gonzo Hates Me!

Gonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond reputeGonzo Hates Me! has a reputation beyond repute

*HUGS AND KISSES EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! AIE AIE AIE!!!!!!!! I am sooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!! Guga NEEDED this sooooooo much!!! He is a true champion!!!!!!!!!!! Guga is back! The King is here!!! Omigod, party!!!!!!!!
NALBANDIAN --> Benneteau --> Davydenko --> Mathieu -->
TURSUNOV --> Mantilla --> KIEFER --> NADAL -->
Karlovic --> Odesnik --> Stepanek --> Monfils -->
??

Oliver Cromwell lay buried and dead. Hee-haw. Buried and dead.
Gonzo Hates Me! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 02:29 PM   #40
country flag Wojtek

Wojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond reputeWojtek has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Guga !!!
Wojtek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 12:52 AM   #41
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATS GUGA!!!!! I'm so happy to see he won!! I left for the weekend so I couldn't know the results, and now I'M SO happy!!!! Guga you're the best!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote