Andy Roddick News Thread - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #136
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Andy Roddick News Thread

All About Andy
A fond farewell to American tennis's almost-golden boy

Tennis Account: https://twitter.com/ARhyneMoment
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/SapELee485
Rhyne's Picture Thread
Rhyne Williams FB Updates
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 AM   #137
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure where to post this.

Andy somehow made the list of "The 25 Fittest Men in Politics"

http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/fittest-politicians?cm_mmc=DailyDoseNL-_-1065308-_-10082012-_-FittestPoliticians-body

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 03:30 AM   #138
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

um i uh um uh uh i don't know what to say

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:55 PM   #139
country flag arodfanpe666o

arodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond reputearodfanpe666o has a reputation beyond repute

Never knew Andy had 36 titles, including Wimbledon (rofl)
arodfanpe666o is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #140
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Players Attend Inaugural Raonic Race For Kids

Quote:
Serena Williams, Andy Roddick, Daniel Nestor and more were on hand last night in Toronto to help Milos Raonic at the Raonic Race For Kids inaugural event. Raonic has recently launched the Milos Raonic Foundation, a charitable organization to support initiatives to reduce economic, physical and other barriers that may prevent disadvantaged children from becoming healthy, productive members of society.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #141
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy Roddick into Miami Cup final: http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id...iami-cup-final

Quote:
KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. -- Recently retired Andy Roddick beat third-ranked Andy Murray 6-2, 6-3 on Saturday in the Miami Tennis Cup exhibition event.

Roddick will play 11th-ranked Nicolas Almagro of Spain in the final Sunday. Almagro advanced with a 6-3, 6-4 victory over 14th-ranked John Isner.

Murray, trailing 2-5 in the first set, surrendered his serve in the eighth game when he sailed a backhand crosscourt wide. In the second set, Murray saved two break points from down 0-40, but couldn't convert the third to give Roddick a 5-3 lead. At 15-0, Roddick double-faulted twice in a row, but went on to win the final three points of the match with a service winner and two forehand winners.

"If we had gone three sets I would've had a full body cramp and it would've been awkward for all of you," said Roddick, who kept a running dialogue with the crowd. "There's no comeback (to tennis for me).

"Andy was nice to me tonight."

Roddick has put on four pounds since retiring following the U.S. Open. He says he's content in retirement and is playing a lot of golf.

"I don't miss the travel at all," Roddick said. "It's nice coming here and seeing familiar faces. I still enjoy hitting tennis balls, but I haven't lost that part of it. I haven't lost any of the innocent parts of tennis. I just do it in front of less people."

Murray, the Olympic gold medalist and U.S. Open champion, wasn't surprised that Roddick won.

"Andy hasn't hit that many balls the last few months," Murray said. "Maybe his timing was a little bit off, but he still hits the ball very well. It was only a few months ago he was making a decent run at the U.S. Open."

Roddick has beaten Almagro both times they met in straight sets and both meetings were on hard courts. They met here at Crandon Park in the 2010 Miami Masters quarterfinals and the 2011 Shanghai Masters in the round of 16.

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 12-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #142
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Official site of the Miami Tennis Cup: http://www.miamitenniscup.com/

Quote:
WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE 2012 MIAMI TENNIS CUP!

The highly anticipated competition is the first of its kind to launch in the U.S. and receives its inauguration in South Florida, featuring six of today’s top ranked ATP professionals, including an exclusive appearance by U.S. Open Champion and British Olympic Gold Medalist, Andy Murray, and French Open Champion Juan Carlos Ferrero, the former world number one player from Spain. The tournament will also be a tribute to the iconic career of Florida resident, Andy Roddick, who will also be participating as part of his homecoming farewell tour. The “Super Six” clash of the titans will play in a double-elimination, round robin tournament format that will also feature ATP heavyweights Nicolás Almagro (ESP), Alejandro Falla (COL) and top ranked American, John Isner. All matches played throughout the three-day tournament will take place on the stadium court at Crandon Park

Rhyne's Picture Thread
Old 08-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #143
country flag Dead Net Cord

Dead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond reputeDead Net Cord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ATP HERITAGE: ANDY RODDICK, 2003

On 23 August, ATP celebrates the 40th anniversary of the Emirates ATP Rankings. We continue our countdown with a look at Andy Roddick, the 2003 year-end No. 1. #ATPHeritage

Andy Roddick was as brash and edgy as any player in tennis history, but sustained a fundamental humility and sense of his own good fortune throughout his career.

Roddick first became No. 1 in the Emirates ATP Rankings on 3 November 2003, during the BNP Paribas Masters in Paris. He spent 13 weeks at the summit of the sport.

"You can get hot and win a Grand Slam over a two-week period, but the year-end ranking is a 52-week process," said Roddick. "The year-end No. 1s, I think they are the ones remembered in our sport."

Roddick learned that he had become the year-end No. 1 in 2003 while eating at a Mexican restaurant in Houston. He was watching Andre Agassi beat Juan Carlos Ferrero in the Tennis Masters Cup [now named Barclays ATP World Tour Finals].

"The coolest thing about it for me was that my childhood idol won the match that made me No. 1," said Roddick. "It was just one of those ‘somebody pinch me so I know this is for real’ moments. It was surreal."

Roddick won his lone major at the 2003 US Open, beating Ferrero – the man he would replace at No. 1 eight weeks later. The Nebraskan lost to Roger Federer in his four other major championship final appearances (2004-05, '09 Wimbledon, 2006 US Open).

His serve was his outstanding weapon, but his baseline game featured a dangerous forehand and a backhand that evolved into a versatile tool.

Roddick was ranked in the year-end Top 10 of the Emirates ATP Rankings for nine straight years (2002-2010); he reached 17 major quarter-finals and won five of his nine ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title matches. He won 32 singles titles and retired in September 2012.

Read more about Roddick in "No. 1", our special commemorative coffee table book, celebrating all year-end ATP World Tour No. 1s over the past 40 years.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...1-Roddick.aspx

with cheap media love and fawners praising who didn't win slams

it must have been good to be a Swiss?

but chokers are always present in slam draws, wearing orange shoes and gold handbags
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Now these are the nights I am going to remember
Dead Net Cord is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote