Last concert you visited... - Page 29 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #421
country flag Rafador

Rafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond reputeRafador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last concert you visited...

Anyone attended to an Andre Rieu concert? I plan to attend to one in London this year.
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #422
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

Verdi's Requiem

the soundtrack of my life <3
Nadya Krasteva(mezzo) is one of the best singers currently,her Liber Scriptus was a true marvel plus the Recordare always gets me whoever sings.
my standards for the tenor part are sadly way too high in this particular piece,however Zvetanov sings better than today's big blockbuster "stars" in opera
Stoyanova is disappointing though(not to be confused Krassimira Stoyanova,she's the best soprano of today)- no fine touches,no shades,all scream or whisper,nothing between.who was pianissimi?

overall great performance even if the tempo is never ideal since I compare it to the GOAT Karajan recording which can be seen on YT for those interested

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT

Last edited by Ivelina_P : 07-31-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:32 AM   #423
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Robbie Williams in Hannover yesterday evening, exactly 7 years after I saw him the last time in Berlin.

It was simply fantastic
Ah, you saw Robbie? I went to a couple of his concerts and the man knows how to entertain a crowd. It's always a good time.

I went to see Bruce Springsteen (a concert of nearly 3 hours) mid-July and the boss lived up to his reputation. Boy, he's in very good shape.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #424
country flag Eden
#Hopp Suisse

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafador View Post
Anyone attended to an Andre Rieu concert? I plan to attend to one in London this year.
No, it's not my kind of music but I have a friend who went to one of his concerts with her parents some years ago. She really liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Ah, you saw Robbie? I went to a couple of his concerts and the man knows how to entertain a crowd. It's always a good time.
I have to confess that I follow Robbie's career since his days with Take That. I never went to a TT concert but I surely will on the next tour

I don't really like his new material but I love his classics and most known songs.

I decided to go to this tour as the concert was near my hometown.
I went with 2 of my colleagues, one of them has never been to such a concert so far.
They both enjoyed the concert as much as I did.

Are you going to Brussels to see him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I went to see Bruce Springsteen (a concert of nearly 3 hours) mid-July and the boss lived up to his reputation. Boy, he's in very good shape.
One of my tennisfriends went to Bruce's concert in Munich a few weeks ago and had a great evening despite the rain and cold.
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 AM   #425
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Are you going to Brussels to see him?
I'm going to pass this time. Also has something to do with not liking his recent work all that much.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #426
country flag zerocool_

zerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond repute

Iron Maiden in Zagreb.
zerocool_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #427
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocool_ View Post
Iron Maiden in Zagreb.
I will go to see Maiden in september here , in river plate stadium.

I hope that will be a great show!!!!
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #428
country flag zerocool_

zerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond reputezerocool_ has a reputation beyond repute

Setlist is great, probably going to be same there as in Zagreb.
My 4th Maiden concert, but will go again if they come near.
zerocool_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #429
country flag Trollin Stone

Trollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond reputeTrollin Stone has a reputation beyond repute

Depeche Mode, Enter Shikari, Ugly Kid Joe, Anthrax, Kaiser Chiefs, SOJA in the last weeks.
Trollin Stone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #430
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

AIDA by Giuseppe Verdi

performed by the Varna Opera theatre

Aida is maybe one of the most famous works of Verdi and in classical music in gerenal.What can be said about Verdi's ability to take a not so riveting libretto(story) and turn it into a dramatic masterpiece?The core is the story of the slave girl Aida in the Egyptian kingdom and her doomed love with Radames who goes to war with her own father the Ethiopian king.
Moreso Aida offered stunning costumes,the always great chorus of our local opera house and ballet in addition.

I can not think of a better Radames I have seen live than Kamen Chanev of Bulgarian ancestry who works abroad in Austria.He has the presence and the dramatic voice for the portrayal of the chosen leader.I include earlier recording of him in the iconic Celeste Aida aria here:

The title role goes to Aida() Shved of Ukraine a girl with a fragile lyric soprano who failed to cut it for me.I am spoiled with the Price recordings after all :P
The true star was mezzo soprano Agunda Julaeva as the sinful pharaoh's daughter Amneris.A true Verdi heroine.

Now the conductor(Ivanov this time)...our conductors always bother me and fail to bring out the best out of the score.Everything sounds too monochronic with them,while Verdi is all about the juicy undertones and nuances.The orchestra does the best they can under his guidelines.NID.

Overall it was a wonderful experience.
For starters unfamiliar with the opera I recommend the recent 2012 recording at the Metropolitan with superstar Alagna(though imo Chanev is the better singer with more depth) and Monastyrska.

Washington = unofficial 5th Slam
http://ivelinacp.tumblr.com/image/55430905367
Mark Lenders = Gospel of Objective Unbiased Analysis
Topspindoctor = Pillar of MTF
Abel = GOAT
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #431
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

the Upsessions 3 weeks ago, Rolf as support act
Pixies yesterday with Yuck as support band

Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:19 PM   #432
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

The Wanted.

Got tickets to 30 Seconds to Mars at the O2 in a few months though.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #433
country flag bad gambler

bad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond reputebad gambler has a reputation beyond repute

I went to Rihanna last Friday in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentos View Post
have laugh at the people who attended this. Couldn't afford tomic on laver so they settle for this.
bad gambler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #434
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

A few days ago I watched Iron Maiden (3rd time I watched them). Unbelievable, one of the best live bands ever.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #435
country flag Cosme Fulanito

Cosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond reputeCosme Fulanito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
A few days ago I watched Iron Maiden (3rd time I watched them). Unbelievable, one of the best live bands ever.
I was there too. But unfortunately i bought field tickets

The band was amazing, the setlist was out of this world, but the sound where i was... disgustingly low and poor.

Next time i'll buy seats instead
Cosme Fulanito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote