Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2013, 03:40 AM   #76
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pope Signals Openness to Gay Priests - WaPo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolesaurus View Post
In theory a man and a woman can always procreate unless she is past menopause so in theory it is sex.
How scientific of you. Seriously, please explain this 'theory' in more detail. I'm fascinated.

Quote:
They ripped it off from someone just to make them selves feel good and innocuous.
Once the homosexuals stop whining and crying and demanding and moralizing, then they just might start acting gay. Right now , it just seems like an extortion attempt by a tiny minority of population.
You should get in touch with the Dalai Lama and Evo Morales. I'm sure they'd be happy to lodge a formal complaint about this disgusting flag theft the next time the United Nations convenes.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 03:53 AM   #77
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In theory a man and a woman can always procreate unless she is past menopause so in theory it is sex.

They ripped it off from someone just to make them selves feel good and innocuous.
Once the homosexuals stop whining and crying and demanding and moralizing, then they just might start acting gay. Right now , it just seems like an extortion attempt by a tiny minority of population.
Wow. Just, wow.

I guess I'll ask. If a woman past menopause has some sort of penetration activity with a sterile man, is that sex? Since, in theory, they can't procreate.

Next thing you're going to tell us is the sky is the ground and the ground is the sky.

Last edited by Nunyabeezwax : 08-02-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #78
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How condescending, did you forget to call me a "closeted gay" just to put the doubt in my mind and put yourself as morally superior?
I never even considered whether or not you were a closeted gay.
What I do believe is that people that have so much loathing for homosexuality are people who are just comforting themselves with the illusion that they are at least better than "those people." Claiming moral superiority, if you will.

As our Foreign Affairs minister said yesterday, Putin's law is an invitation to intolerance, which leads to hate, which leads to violence. Seems the pogroms are making a comeback.

Last edited by buddyholly : 08-02-2013 at 11:22 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #79
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Ok, so that wraps it up then.

In summary, we saw that:
You mean "in summary, I say:"

Quote:
1) It's not the RCC's or any other club's job to judge those on the outside, but on the inside.
Exactly. Which is why the RCC's official position is not that non-catholics are so monumentally wrong that they're going to hell, among other things.

Quote:
2) We are not living in the old testament, and gay people are to be treated with love and respect in society by Christians.
If we are not living in the old testament, then I suppose the Ten Commandments have no validity these days?

Quote:
3) We are all subject to the creeds of various religious institutions once we decide to join.
Because critical thinking is overrated.

Quote:
4) Both hetero and homo must conform to society's anti-lewdness laws, and gay dudes in particular must resist the urge to display their Johnsons or buttocks in public.
Bigotry at its finest.

I don't know where you live, but I've never seen a gay dude display his Johnson or buttocks in public.

I have seen many straight guys I know do it at the slightest chance though (like when they see a passing train, or at a cycling race, or by texting pictures to young women while running for mayor of NYC).

This is a common trait in homophobes: ridiculous double standards when it comes to judging lewdness and displays of sexuality.

Quote:
I want everyone to hug now
But no homo. Because that'd be gross.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).

Last edited by Har-Tru : 08-03-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #80
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

The gay hate is getting old and boring, esp if u Relies on the Bible.
thers alot of Contradictions between verses.

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind; it is abomination." v "Thou shalt not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD"

"When it goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth; and when the wicked perish, there is joy." v "Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thy heart be glad when he stumbleth"

"Train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old, he will not depart from it." v "He that spareth his rod hateth his son"

if someone wants to Hate Gays or anyone who is different then u go ahead but pls dont say "its in the bible" im a big believer but i use my head above all.
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #81
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

even the pope is more open-minded than russia or serbia. sucks for these countries

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #82
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

If only Snowden were gay. The media could cover two stories in one.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #83
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
If only Snowden were gay. The media could cover two stories in one.
The Guardian journalist who broke the story and interviewed him is gay. I guess we're not going to see a second interview in at least a year.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #84
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
Butt sex is progress?
Anal is not exclusive to gay couples, nor do all gay couples do anal
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #85
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BauerAlmeida View Post
Equality is progress.
EQUALITY and PROGRESS are the single two most destructive concepts that mankind ever invented !

The Church is no longer itself since Vatican II. This Pope shows it.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #86
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ Er I'm not even bothering.

Nick Cohen - Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...is-not-liberal

'His (Bergoglio) church opposes civil gay marriage and maintains that homosexual sex is a sin. If he were serious about stopping discrimination, he would reverse both those dogmas. He might also welcome the use of condoms because they emancipate women and protect against Aids, and co-operate with police investigations into the **** of children by clerics and compensate their victims.'

'To date, there is no sign of him doing any of the above. For despite all you have read, the pope remains what he has always been: a Catholic.'

Nothing has changed with the pontiff's recent comments. He was covering his tracks - 'not judging others.' Church teaching on homosexuality is the same today
as it was when the German left his post.
The biblical Jesus' opinion on homosexuality - nada! Unless you're up for believing his spirit entered Paul when he wrote his hateful & massively judgemental books - it wouldn't surprise or shock. Jesus didn't break from the old covenant according to some at the vatican ('homosexuals - abomination') but he didn't observe the sabbath as was expected of him, according to the bible. Yet another - who/what to believe.

Official catholic teaching - my father received prior to Vatican II - 'All non catholics are going to hell.' These were the glory days?
Many changes were made but unfortunately the vatican didn't ban outright 'charismatic' catholicism. I've seen all the classic horror films & I've never been more scared than when my aunt pretended to be speaking in tongues & danced in a church in Widnes.

Vatican views on Jewish deicide changed. Nostra aetate - It took them centuries to come to the realisation all jews, young, old, dead & yet to be born weren't
responsible for Jesus' death. The penny finally dropped the early church was no more than a minor jewish sect & a person born in 1953 wasn't responsible for the death of a man c1900 years prior? Big of em!
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #87
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It seems to me like all this talk
of "equality" is just meant to cover up some of the real inequalities out there.
Everything has been said in this sentence.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #88
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vucina View Post
Catholic Church doesn't call for stoning of the adulterers or gays. But they never said it's not a sin. And that's what the Pope said.
They may not have said it's not a sin but actions (& implications) often speak louder than words. A cliche to state but true nevertheless.

e.g - the two Sunday school teachers who told their pupils Diana Spencer was burning in hell after she'd died (because of her admitted adultery.) Numerous (UK) church leaders came forward to unfairly criticise the teachers who weren't deviating remotely from church teaching & the bible's stance. I mean it's safe to state god's commandmant regarding adultery was an instruction? Punishment being death.

Cardinal Basil Hume's pathetic excuses on behalf of Diana amounted to s*it. He should have done the right thing & followed the company line - the teachers are correct. Afterall the catholic church teaches adultery is a mortal sin. In layman's terms - 'you're going down.' The RCC does not state anywhere in it's teachings, good deeds in a person's lifetime, softens the severity of committing adultery in god's 'eyes.' If I'm wrong here, I'd really like to see the church's changed stance.

Catechism of the catholic church - fornication is on par with breaking the 6th commandment - adultery.
Except were the Monaco crowd are concerned. Stephanie - two kids, then got married. Vatican condemnations - none. Not at all surprising - she's royal. Caroline married in 1978, divorced in 1980, remarried a different fella in 1983, committing adultery in the eyes of god & the biblical Jesus. Any condemnation from the church here? No. The RCC finaly gave her an annulment for her 1st marriage in 1992, so she was guilty of committing adultery between (certainly) 1983-1992 by vatican rules. Still not a peep out of Rome. Caroline's annulment was approved by the RCC on the grounds the couple had produced no children. Nothing wrong there, according to the vatican only. Jesus didn't approve of this in any biblical book. Jesus' view - divorce's only allowed were adultery has taken place. For a church whose mission is spreading the gospel of Christ, they sure ignore it often enough.

Both examples of the RCC treating a mortal sin, on par with homosexuality as less than it's parts, for a chosen few.
Church hypocrisy for all to see - ignorance/excuses for the rich/'important' folk, excuses which don't extend to the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Heart24 View Post
Everything has been said in this sentence.
Not really, it's a bit simplistic. Equality is something to strive towards & is often long overdue. I imagine no-one would argue a country refusing it's gay citizens the right to marry is more unjust than Saudi Arabia & it's 'treatment' of it's gay citizens. It's obvious there are greater inequalities in the world, whether racial, gender, educational... A tiny number of people hold a large percentage of the world's assets, it's sick but it's also been the case for many years & will continue to be. Good luck to the people who hope to change the status quo.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #89
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post
^^^ Er I'm not even bothering.

Nick Cohen - Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...is-not-liberal

'His (Bergoglio) church opposes civil gay marriage and maintains that homosexual sex is a sin. If he were serious about stopping discrimination, he would reverse both those dogmas. He might also welcome the use of condoms because they emancipate women and protect against Aids, and co-operate with police investigations into the **** of children by clerics and compensate their victims.'

'To date, there is no sign of him doing any of the above. For despite all you have read, the pope remains what he has always been: a Catholic.'

Nothing has changed with the pontiff's recent comments. He was covering his tracks - 'not judging others.' Church teaching on homosexuality is the same today
Of course. Would be the only thing missing now.

Quote:
Unless you're up for believing his spirit entered Paul when he wrote his hateful & massively judgemental books - it wouldn't surprise or shock.
I have said the opposite of that multiple times on these boards, the reason I've been bashed, including by YOU !

Paul was a late convert, Jewish (and the most zealous of the apostles, as is often the case with late converts) and if I believe Pasolini, his sexophobia was Judaist.

Quote:
Jesus didn't break from the old covenant according to some at the vatican ('homosexuals - abomination') but he didn't observe the sabbath as was expected of him, according to the bible. Yet another - who/what to believe.
Yes because of Vatican II ! He did break. And it's not a matter of what/who to believe. That's an atheist/freemasonic trick. It's explicitly said.

Quote:
Official catholic teaching - my father received prior to Vatican II - 'All non catholics are going to hell.' These were the glory days?
Many changes were made but unfortunately the vatican didn't ban outright 'charismatic' catholicism. I've seen all the classic horror films & I've never been more scared than when my aunt pretended to be speaking in tongues & danced in a church in Widnes.

Vatican views on Jewish deicide changed. Nostra aetate - It took them centuries to come to the realisation all jews, young, old, dead & yet to be born weren't
responsible for Jesus' death. The penny finally dropped the early church was no more than a minor jewish sect & a person born in 1953 wasn't responsible for the death of a man c1900 years prior? Big of em!

All lies. The Christian doctrine has never been that of tribalism and predestination (except for Calvinists and Jansenists who are not really Christians). If you're born something you are not doomed or elected. You can always change.

Judaism however teaches tribalism and predestination. The Synagogue waged war on the Church and not the other way round.

Nostra Aetate said that the Old Alliance and New one would peacefully coexist while Jesus clearly said that the New Alliance opposes the Old one.

More importantly, in Pacem in terris, Pope John XXIII called for a "supranational or global power" where the Human Right Declaration is considered as a "step towards the institution of a juridico-political organization of the Global community" (all meant to be in partnership with the UN).

This is really un-Catholic as can be.

Last edited by Echoes : 08-15-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #90
country flag mseles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Paul was a late convert, Jewish

Yes because of Vatican II ! He did break. And it's not a matter of what/who to believe. That's an atheist/freemasonic trick. It's explicitly said.

All lies. The Christian doctrine has never been that of tribalism and predestination

Judaism however teaches tribalism and predestination. The Synagogue waged war on the Church and not the other way round.

More importantly, in Pacem in terris
I was under the impression all the NT authors were jewish bar Luke.

Explicitly said? Matthew has him saying - 'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the law or the Prophets...'
It certainly isn't a trick on my part. Catholicism throughout the years has veered from the bible often. Saints, transubstantiation, veneration of Mary...

Not the case!
Council of Florence - 'The Holy Roman Church firmly believes, professes and preaches that all those who are outside the Catholic Church, not only pagans but also Jews or heretics and schismatics, cannot share in eternal life and will go into the everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels.'

This jew 'tagging' is getting old. Catholicism today is a collection of 'tribes.' Reformers, neo-con, feminist, pro-life crowd...

Debatable!

Last edited by mseles1 : 08-15-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Deletion of quote