Choose The Best Players(CTBP) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute
Default Choose The Best Players(CTBP)

This is a new game, the players have to choice 11 players from the ATP that will play a group of tournaments, you will have the points that each player that you pick make in the next 4 week. But you have some rules to pick your players they have to be in the next way

2 players from TOP 10
2 players from No. 11-20
2 players from No. 20-50
2 players from No. 50-100
2 players from No. 100-200
1 player outside of Top 200.

I think that the series can be something like this:

- Australian Series (January)
- South American Tour (Viña del Mar, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Acapulco)
- HardCourt Season (Montpellier, Zagreb, Rotterdam, San Jose, Memphis, Marseille, Dubai, Delray Beach, Indian Wells, Miami)
- Clay Season (April - May)
- Grass Season (June)
- Midyear Season (July except Atlanta & Washington)
- Us Open Series (August with Atlanta & Washington)
- Asian Tour (September)
- Indoor Season (Octover-November)

I think that we can proove somethings this year and the next year maybe we can have our own space in the forum and rankings.

And I will apreciate any suggestion that you have, plase post it here.

ST----(7/5)----Winner: Roland Garros 2013, Eastbourne 2013, US Open 2013, Beijing 2013
FITD-(59/53)---
PAW---(7/7) ---Winner: Wimbledon 2013 Indian Wells 2014
TT---(94/88)---Winner: Gstaad 2013, Acapulco 2014; Finalist: Savannah 2013, Noumea 2013
TTD--(147/136)-Winner: Mexico City 2013; Finalist: Marburg 2013, Este 2013, Petange 2013
DTT--(10)------Finalist: Indian Wells 2013, Beijing 2013, Shanghai 2013
DTTD-(13)------Finalist: Wimbledon 2013, Cincinnati 2013, Shanghai 2013

Last edited by bry17may : 07-30-2013 at 07:49 AM.
bry17may is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choice The Best Players(CTBP)

If you want to start this game go to US Open Series CTBP

ST----(7/5)----Winner: Roland Garros 2013, Eastbourne 2013, US Open 2013, Beijing 2013
FITD-(59/53)---
PAW---(7/7) ---Winner: Wimbledon 2013 Indian Wells 2014
TT---(94/88)---Winner: Gstaad 2013, Acapulco 2014; Finalist: Savannah 2013, Noumea 2013
TTD--(147/136)-Winner: Mexico City 2013; Finalist: Marburg 2013, Este 2013, Petange 2013
DTT--(10)------Finalist: Indian Wells 2013, Beijing 2013, Shanghai 2013
DTTD-(13)------Finalist: Wimbledon 2013, Cincinnati 2013, Shanghai 2013
bry17may is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Choose The Best Players(CTBP)

It would be best if discussions were done here instead of in the USO series thread so that they are easier to see for everyone. The suggestions made there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNW View Post
I think this game is a nice idea.
Why not playing this in November/December and pick for 2014.

And then something like the possility to change 1/3/5 players all 2 or 3 months.
That would be cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertom View Post
I agree with that. It was my suggestion - because in other case there is nothing to do except picking players for the 3/4 next tournaments. With 1/2 changes, the game become more strategic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
I think that this is a great idea pick for all the year and we can make changes afetr each slam or like you said every 2 or 3 months.

I like the idea to bring strategic to this game, maybe we can change 2 players before the "big" tournament of each Series but you will conservate the points of your original pick until that moment.

I also like the idea of Lisandro limitting the use of a player (5 per year)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
Some ideas

1- Have the option to change players with surface change, after Miami, Roland Garros, etc.
2- Once a player is dropped, he can't be used again.
I too like the substitutions idea. For next season, make a list only once, then you can substitute players in and out based on some rules. But then, of course, this will take more work to manage.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

I like the game the way it is..nice and simple. It is what made TT great back in the day.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond repute

Because of withdrawals, I think we should be able to pick a Back Up player for each category.

He should be used whenever a player ( in of the tournaments ) is withdrawing.
This should be applied for each tournament.
2011 Winner: Monte Carlo;Barcelone Open
2010 Winner: Doha;RU:Malaysian Open
2009 Winner: Dubai;RU:Legg Mason Tennis Classic
2008:Winner : Estoril,Barcelona,Portschach,Hertogenbosch,Stuttga rt
RU: Rome-Internazionali BNL D'Italia;Bronze:OG Beijing
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote