From Bosnia, 19 year old Mirza Basic (rank 449) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 AM   #16
country flag MOhero

MOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Bosnia, 19 year old Mirza Basic (rank 449)

Bašić in Champaign

1st round
(SE) Bašić - q

plz (q) a. Bogdanović

Amer Ismar Aldin Siniša Tomo Mirza Vedran Aco Zlatan Mladen Jasmin Franjo Damir Orhan Jovan Alen Sven Adnan Dario Aziz
MOhero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 11:18 PM   #17
country flag KaiserT
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

KaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond reputeKaiserT has a reputation beyond repute

I like this kid.
KaiserT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 AM   #18
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Tough one against Jesse but he's playing very well. Better to lose to him in the semis than qualifying.

Hopefully Mirza will pick up a couple wins this week and he can make his grand slam qualifying debut in Australia.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 PM   #19
country flag MOhero

MOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond reputeMOhero has a reputation beyond repute

Stars of BiH(2): Mirza Basic a step away from ATP company

Behind the 20-year old Sarajevan is a season in which he practically said goodbye to the futures and showed his worth on the Challenger tour, where he performed great and is one of the leaders of his generation.

Jump of 232 places on the ATP list does not impress at first glance, however when the jump is from 520 to 282, than this fact appears to be much more interesting. For B&H public this information is particularly important as this significant jump in the ranking has occurred all through-out one calendar year of play by Mirza Basic, one of the world's best young players.

Tursunov is not a coincidence

After a great junior career (best ranking – 6th on IFT Ranking), this young Sarajevan has in the last two years, namely from February 8th of 2010, when he was ranked 1015, until December 12th this year, when he ranked 288 in the world, done a great job.

more tennis.ba

Amer Ismar Aldin Siniša Tomo Mirza Vedran Aco Zlatan Mladen Jasmin Franjo Damir Orhan Jovan Alen Sven Adnan Dario Aziz
Old 12-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
country flag MOhero

Full text from tennis.ba

Stars of BiH(1): Mirza Basic a step away from ATP company

Behind the 20-year old Sarajevan is a season in which he practically said goodbye to the futures and showed his worth on the Challenger tour, where he performed great and is one of the leaders of his generation.

Jump of 232 places on the ATP list does not impress at first glance, however when the jump is from 520 to 282, than this fact appears to be much more interesting. For B&H public this information is particularly important as this significant jump in the ranking has occurred all through-out one calendar year of play by Mirza Basic, one of the world's best young players.

Tursunov is not a coincidence

After a great junior career (best ranking – 6th on IFT Ranking), this young Sarajevan has in the last two years, namely from February 8th of 2010, when he was ranked 1015, until December 12th this year, when he ranked 288 in the world, done a great job.

Season which just ended Basic opened with January appearances on two very strong futures (15.000, indoor) in United Kingdom, where he reached semi-finals both times, which put inside the top 500 (January 31st he was ranked 464 in the world). February than saw him play in the final of the equally strong tournament in Croatia, after which he had the tournament of his career – semifinal of the Sarajevo Challenger, which he reached after wins over Slovenian Grega Zemlja, 141 ATP ranking, and Dmitry Tursunov (RUS), 7:6(11) 7:6(1). After these great performances Basic jumped into the top 400 and stayed there throughout the spring and the entire summer (best result was a final in Prijedor, B&H). Before that (end April) he played the final of the qualifications at the Belgrade ATP tournament (lost to Franko Skugor, CRO, 4:6 2:6)

Best of Europe

In September he finally catches good form on clay and wins the futures in Serbia and plays the quarterfinal of the Banjaluka (B&H) challenger (lost to Spaniard Pere Riba, 70th on the ATP list, 1:6 3:6). He completes the year by excellent performances on the American tour, where he plays a series of indoor Challengers. In Knoxville (USA) Basic reaches semifinals from the qualifications, beating Bobby Reynolds, 118th world player by the score of 6:3 6:3. That was a great ending to the season because that performance put him into the top 300, which is a certain sign that his efforts were not in vain and that his career is heading in a right direction.

This is confirmed by the following – only two Europeans younger than him have a better ranking – those are Spaniard Javier Marti (1992), ranked 184, and Laurynas Grigelis (1991), ranked 198.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:06 AM   #21
country flag MOhero

Great Britain, Glasgow, F1
FU 10-14 Jan 2012 Hard (I)

(1) Mirza Bašić (bih)

32 W Luka GREGORC (SLO) 63 36 62
16 W Kevin GRIEKSPOOR (NED) 64 63
QF W Arthur DE GREEF (BEL) 36 62 62
SF Alexandre SIDORENKO (FRA)

Old 01-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #22
country flag MOhero

Great Britain, Glasgow, F1
FU 10-14 Jan 2012 Hard (I)

(1) Mirza Bašić (bih)

32 W Luka GREGORC (SLO) 63 36 62
16 W Kevin GRIEKSPOOR (NED) 64 63
QF W Arthur DE GREEF (BEL) 36 62 62
SF W Alexandre SIDORENKO (FRA) 64 46 63
F Michal PRZYSIEZNY (POL)

Old 11-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
country flag Slicevolley26

Slicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond reputeSlicevolley26 has a reputation beyond repute

Been doing well in Japan: first career Challenger final in Yokohama (+QFs in Toyota), and a career-high of 277 last week.
Other: Llodra - Lopez - F. Mayer - Paire - Pospisil - Raonic
The transition from juniors to ATP - Challengers + Futures
Slicevolley26 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:32 AM   #24
country flag MOhero

Won Trento 2013.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Mirza Basic currently leading Janowicz by 4-3 in 1st set of Halle ATP, he was beaten by Wang in final qualifing round, but got in as LL, and now in chance to make career result.

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

He won the first set

I'm watching Basic for the first time, and his groundstrokes are extremely impressive. It's good that he's fairly young too, I hope this tournament will be his breakthrough. What's also amazing is that he's never played a pro tournament on grass, and now he's beating one of the better grass court players.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

He surely needs boost for his confidence, he is very talented, needs matches like this to get expirience

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #28
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

He was pretty good today, showing his potential far exceeds his current ranking.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #29
country flag MOhero

Halle, R1

(LL) Mirza Bašić (bih) def. (7) Jerzy Janowicz (pol) 76(5) 36 76(5)

Last edited by MOhero : 06-12-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #30
country flag MOhero

San Marino
Today

Bašić vs. (3) Rufin