Ask MTF Mods - Page 28 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #406
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

what is the maximum time you can apply against a red/yellow card? i got 4 from the same guy, and i applied against the last one, which was of course removed by the mod team(and i say of course, because that guy was giving me warnings for updating before he updated it...and i mean, forums are to share information...) so maybe i could apply against the other ones, by the way he gave me 2 for the same message(1 minute of difference), 1 for "forum disruptions", 1 for "editing over a mod´s change"

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #407
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
what is the maximum time you can apply against a red/yellow card? i got 4 from the same guy, and i applied against the last one, which was of course removed by the mod team(and i say of course, because that guy was giving me warnings for updating before he updated it...and i mean, forums are to share information...) so maybe i could apply against the other ones, by the way he gave me 2 for the same message(1 minute of difference), 1 for "forum disruptions", 1 for "editing over a mod´s change"
Within 7 days after you got it.
Yeah, once those two was warnings. The truth is that those two infractions can go on same minute, forum disruption warning for something and editing over a mod's change because you reposted it.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #408
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
7 infractions are living infractions. That counts for temporary bans.
Total infractions count for permanent ban.

You don't have that much.
You have 9 in total. I think 12/13 was including warnings.

Permanent ban.. 15 infractions in total, even the expired infractions.
Why do I get to see only 4 of these 7 living infractions? wouldn't it make sense to make them all visible since they count for temporary bans and could be appealed?

one day I have 12 another one I have 9... go figure... no wonder people get confused in here.

this is from a recent exchange I had a couple of months ago:
'Also, keep in mind with 11 infractions you are nearing 15 which would be a permanent ban procedure so you may want to change your posting style.'

Last edited by motorhead : 08-05-2013 at 02:58 PM.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #409

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

oh so its so late since this was 2011
anyway, this hating mod didnt give me more unfair warnings after i told the mod team the situation and they removed immediatly the warning he gave me. i mean, i think you the mod team should go against the warnings for personal reasons, mods are of course also normal people, but giving warnings to someone just for personal reasons shouldnt be allowed and indeed should also be punished as its a really bad work against the other users in the forum. just my opinion, and i didnt have any issue with mods at all besides this one with that person who was always sending warnings for no reason, the only mod from who i received any warning on MTF or TF, by the way...

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #410
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

I would like this thread The Rankings Database stickied in GM, due to the usefulness it may posses to forum users. Thanks in advance if it is possible.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #411
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Why do I get to see only 4 of these 7 living infractions? wouldn't it make sense to make them all visible since they count for temporary bans and could be appealed?

one day I have 12 another one I have 9... go figure... no wonder people get confused in here.

this is from a recent exchange I had a couple of months ago:
'Also, keep in mind with 11 infractions you are nearing 15 which would be a permanent ban procedure so you may want to change your posting style.'
Can't you jump for the next infractions? They are not on the same page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
oh so its so late since this was 2011
anyway, this hating mod didnt give me more unfair warnings after i told the mod team the situation and they removed immediatly the warning he gave me. i mean, i think you the mod team should go against the warnings for personal reasons, mods are of course also normal people, but giving warnings to someone just for personal reasons shouldnt be allowed and indeed should also be punished as its a really bad work against the other users in the forum. just my opinion, and i didnt have any issue with mods at all besides this one with that person who was always sending warnings for no reason, the only mod from who i received any warning on MTF or TF, by the way...
No one gives warnings/infractions for personal reasons. All you can do, avoid that thing you were warned about and you surely have no problem about it in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
I would like this thread The Rankings Database stickied in GM, due to the usefulness it may posses to forum users. Thanks in advance if it is possible.
It's a very useful thread but there are already a sticked thread which is caring about rankings.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #412

in theory, no one gives warnings based on personal reasons. he gave me all the 3 warnings i ve ever been given on MTF and TF ever. last one, the only one i appealed against it, and it was removed some hours after i did. trust me, that guy/girl was giving me warning for personal reasons as the fact that it was removed shows...i didnt do anything against the rules of the site yet he/she gave me warnings again and again just for updating info! so yeah, it was for personal reasons

but i agree no one should give warnings for personal reasons of course, though

Henkka Kontinen
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #413
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

You aren't right. But we continue via PM, let's talk about those warnings.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #414
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can't you jump for the next infractions? They are not on the same page.
no, it doesn't appear to be possible. by the way this seems to be a vBulletin problem rather than MTF as I'm on other forums with the same vBulletin and iirc the same problem is present.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #415
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's a very useful thread but there are already a sticked thread which is caring about rankings.
That one is about live rankings. This one is one of my most time consuming jobs I have ever taken. Spent countless hours computing these, and I am providing them to this forum without asking anything in return.

If you don't consider it useful to be stickied, I will delete it.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #416
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to listen to my opinion, but you could sticky the rankings thread and unsticky the live streams thread which hasn't been used in over a month. But I understand your point as well Sonja1989. Just trying to provide another idea.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #417
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I don't see why they can't all be stickied.

Before your time, Sonja, there were two live rankings thread stickied. Yes, two. Nobody cares how many threads are stickied as long as they are useful and easy to find.

There is no point and no logic in creating a thread meant to provide easy to access information if it is not easy to access. Contradictory, ain't it?
Old 08-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #418
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Thanks Snowwy!

Well the another thread is very useful as well. But I changed my mind, I think they both can be sticked
Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #419
country flag motorhead
Banned!

poll
Old 08-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #420
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Poll for what? It has been sticked before my last comment.