Ask MTF Mods - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #361
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Why is Goldenoldie no longer the appeal moderator? Did he resign or was he fired?

How is(are) the new one(s) going to be decided? Are the mods going to decide or will there be another poll like last time?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #362
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

For the first question. Of course he wasn't fired, we would've liked him to stay but I wouldn't go into details.

For the second question, everyone will know soon but not at the moment.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

DTT Singles: (ranking: 13) Title: Barcelona
Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #363
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. One more question:

Is there a way for regular users to keep a track of name changes of premium users? If not, I suggest that they should be.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #364
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post

Is there a way for regular users to keep a track of name changes of premium users? If not, I suggest that they should be.
There's a name change thread in the part of the forum only accessible for premium members and mods. Would be fairly easy to copy this thread and make it available elsewhere if so desired.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #365
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Well you got the answer.

We will talk about it but for first say it would be no.
TT singles: (ranking: 106) Titles: Quimper CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13; Kazan CH '13 and Singapore CH '12. Finalist of Orléans CH '13; Alphen CH '12 and Mons CH '12. SF of Umag '13, Chennai '13 and Buenos A. '13
doubles: (ranking: 91) Titles: Andria CH '13 (w/J99) Sao Paulo CH Finals '13 and Alphen CH '13(w/Crvena Zvezda); Burnie CH '13 (w/delicfan), Bordeaux CH '13, Rome 2 CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Cordenons CH '12 and Alphen CH '12 (w/delicfan). Finalist of Sao Paulo CH '13(w/EnriqueIG8); Los Angeles '12(w/MikiKuba) and Cali CH '12(w/hat__boy)

Doubles: (ranking: 10) Title: Titles: Canada MS, US Open (w/*Jean*) and Acapulco/Sao Paulo '14 (w/J99) Finalist of Being/Tokyo (w/*Jean*)
Old 07-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #366
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Well you got the answer.

We will talk about it but for first say it would be no.
Since you are willing to talk about it, these are the reasons in brief I believe that regular users should be able keep a track of premium members name changes:

1) It isn't easy to identify members with changed names when you have signatures and avatars turned off.
2) Even if you have them turned on, if you are away from this forum for a while and come back, those could have changed, making the user tough to identify.
3) I do not believe that this would take away any "privilege" from the premium members.
4) As Litotes said, I believe it would be fairly easy to do.

(I have continued this conversation here instead of making a suggestion thread about it since I do not wish to make this a long drawn argument. If you still say no, I will not argue further, but I sure hope you think over it.)
Old 07-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #367
country flag Sonja1989
ClayCourtTard

Quote:
Since you are willing to talk about it, these are the reasons in brief I believe that regular users should be able keep a track of premium members name changes:

1) It isn't easy to identify members with changed names when you have signatures and avatars turned off.
2) Even if you have them turned on, if you are away from this forum for a while and come back, those could have changed, making the user tough to identify.
3) I do not believe that this would take away any "privilege" from the premium members.
4) As Litotes said, I believe it would be fairly easy to do.

(I have continued this conversation here instead of making a suggestion thread about it since I do not wish to make this a long drawn argument. If you still say no, I will not argue further, but I sure hope you think over it.)
Still it's the private zone of Premium members.
It's not only me. As I said, it will be talked. Not only to you.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #368
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Why was my "Davydenko will win the USO" thread locked. It just pointed out in a humoristic way that two previous GS champs skipped the previous slam. And we've seen threads like that before.

Stanislas Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Wawrinka winning the 2014 Australian Open is the best thing happened to tennis since Federer winning Wimbledon in 2003
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #369
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I didn't do it, but going over it, most likely people would just troll there, since there's not much serious to say about Denko's chance at this point, and it would result in a lock anyway down the road

If you wanted to go with it, I'd say you at least had to open a thread about someone who has some chance, otherwise there could be a dozen threads congratulating the winners
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”

Last edited by Time Violation : 08-01-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #370
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Why are the backseat moderation rules not being enforced really at all? There are many posts around that break these rules, and I appreciate that you won't see every one of them, but surely you'll come across a fair few. Do you just choose to be lenient?
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #371
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
Abel should be banned for this! seriously how distasteful, not a good joke. tsk tsk tsk.
For instance, this was a post in the 'Can Devvarman win a slam?' thread. Does this break the rule, and is this kind of post worth reporting?
Old 08-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #372
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Prince View Post
For instance, this was a post in the 'Can Devvarman win a slam?' thread. Does this break the rule, and is this kind of post worth reporting?
No, I'd say that doesn't qualify, sounds like a joke to me; however those who try to bait people or derail a thread posting 'this forum that forum', feel free to report
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #373
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
No, I'd say that doesn't qualify, sounds like a joke to me; however those who try to bait people or derail a thread posting 'this forum that forum', feel free to report
If I get banned for saying something as simple as 'Dull Forum' even though it was in the sense of a joke, and even though I accept I broke the rules, surely this should apply here as well?

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:06 PM   #374
country flag The Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Have you ever seen Mountaindewslave make a joke before?

I haven't, have you?

EDIT: And that's a dangerous game that you're playing. I'm sure everybody could appeal to most infractions they receive and say that the comment which broke the rules was meant as a joke. And I know that you reject that rationale, usually.

Last edited by The Prince : 08-01-2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #375
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

It just screams as inconsistency to me how my 'Dull Forum' comment was seen as backseat moderating, yet mountaindewslaves "Abel should be banned for this" regardless of what context mods see it as, goes unpunished. The funny thing is I see many posts of MDS breaking the rules, and I have reported them before, and the worst that is done is the post is removed. How is that fair? On numerous occasions he/she has accused Janowicz of being on steroids, and iirc drug allegations without proof are a serious offence, and in fact the infraction I got for drug allegations is the one I accept the most, yet they are constantly making these accusations and getting away scot free?

Listen, I understand moderating is a hard job, and you mods know that I respect all of you, and get a long with most of you on a personal level on/off the forum, but it does get on my nerves a little the fact that things are so inconsistent in terms of certain users getting away with multiple rule violations, whilst others get reported and are banned right away. If moderators want to gain more respect from the forum users there needs to be a display of consistency, I understand it is hard to get, but when I see users getting away with things I have been banned for in the past right away, it is extremely frustrating and I feel like I have been robbed.

GOOD LUCK IN UNRETIREMENT JOHNNY GROOVE
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote