Ask MTF Mods - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #346
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ask MTF Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksgiving View Post
Can I make a suggestion please?

I know GM is supposed to be exclusively about "real" tennis discussions and I'm not going to ask to change that. But instead of deleting every thread you find inappropriate for GM, can you move some of them to other sections like "off-topic"? For example, what's wrong with the thread "what will Delpo fans' excuses when Ferrer defeats him in Wimbledon?", so it generated a bit of banter between the two players' fans. But aren't 2/3 of GM's current threads are endless tard wars between Nadal and Federer fans? Why those threads got to live?
We often move/merge threads. But we don't see merit on few trolling attempts.
For example.. trolling is against rules, bashing players in GM thread isn't a new rule, it has been there since years.
Those fan threads.. we'll see. But most of those threads are for baiting anyway.

Freak3yman84: No. Actually the rule says 'do not refer to a player using a nickname or any name that is not the player's actual name in the title.'

Last edited by Sonja1989 : 07-22-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Sonja1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #347
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a way of getting more than 250 search results?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #348
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

First post

Quote:
Posts that discuss the validity of a ban will be deleted as they are not questions to the moderators.

This thread is not for discussions about any particular event that happened. If you want a discussion, continue to use the PM feature. This is only for questions to moderators
Things about banning... PM an admin (I don't discuss anything behalf on another member)
Particular event.. mods who are on that area or an admin.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:54 AM   #349
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Is there a way of getting more than 250 search results?
No but you will have less results if you narrow the search. If you search a match, better if you type the player's name, the tournament and opponent. You surely won't get 250 threads.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #350
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

1) Is there a way to see reputation received beyond the last 15?

2) Is there a way to see reputation given?
Old 07-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #351
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
1) Is there a way to see reputation received beyond the last 15?

2) Is there a way to see reputation given?
Sadly I have to say 'no' for both questions. Wouldn't be a bad thing though.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #352
country flag Pratik

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #353
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
First post

Things about banning... PM an admin (I don't discuss anything behalf on another member)
Particular event.. mods who are on that area or an admin.
Except the posts were all about systematic problems and not a particular case, although some examples were mentioned. Doesn't matter though, we all know the real reason the posts were deleted is to not expose Time Violation and Deathless Mortal's embarassing invention of new rules on the spot to save face. But while that was cringeworthy for sure, it only happened because the rule system/its application currently in place is faulty: make it clearer and reasonable and all will be solved with minimal fuss.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #354
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Except the posts were all about systematic problems and not a particular case, although some examples were mentioned. Doesn't matter though, we all know the real reason the posts were deleted is to not expose Time Violation and Deathless Mortal's embarassing invention of new rules on the spot to save face. But while that was cringeworthy for sure, it only happened because the rule system/its application currently in place is faulty: make it clearer and reasonable and all will be solved with minimal fuss.
Lol, at least have some face not to make things up. Everything I said I can repeat to anyone who cares to know.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 AM   #355
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Get a grip Lenders and stop trying to get Deathless Mortal de modded just because you don't like him.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:08 AM   #356
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Lol, at least have some face not to make things up. Everything I said I can repeat to anyone who cares to know.
Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Get a grip Lenders and stop trying to get Deathless Mortal de modded just because you don't like him.
What are you on about? You're pretty much the only person in this thread talking about anyone getting demodded.

Suicide Tennis - Wimbledon 2014
Fill-In-The-Draw - US Open 2014
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #357
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
For example.. trolling is against rules,'
If trolling is against the rules why is ět obviously tolerated then on GM?
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #358
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

We try to do everything against it.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #359
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to hear and would be much appreciated
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #360
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
That's good to hear and would be much appreciated
If you see bad posts and/or threads, report them. I don't think that report button gets used a lot in GM for some reason