Brian Baker - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #241
country flag benji47

benji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond reputebenji47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brian Baker

It's great to see Brian being active but what's with the Joyce Drake hair...
benji47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #242
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Brian Baker: Training in Newport as return nears: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...diary/2508303/

Quote:
I am writing this week from Newport, R.I., which plays host to the Hall of Fame Tennis Championship this week. Newport is a really cool place because of the tradition at the site and because of the atmosphere of the city itself.

There are tons of cool shops and restaurants on the waterfront as well as several historic mansions that have been converted into interesting museums. I think it would be an ideal place to take a vacation to in the summer months.

It's been a ton of fun to watch some of my American buddies compete on the grass. I have enjoyed catching up with the likes of Rajeev Ram, John Isner, Sam Querrey, Rhyne Williams, and many others. The grass at Newport has definitely improved over the years, but it's still an unpredictable surface that can cause a lot of excitement. Several of the matches have come down to just a couple of good breaks here and there on the grass. Luckily, I have not seen near the amount of slips that everyone witnessed during the two weeks of Wimbledon.

My training this week has gone well, hitting with fellow top professionals. It's great to be able to test myself against the quality of their games. I'm still probably working the hardest to improve my overall tennis fitness because that will be the most difficult thing for me to regain. My strokes feel great, but in order for anyone to ball strike consistently well, the legs have to feel strong. I have a few more days left here at the tournament and I fully plan on using them to become stronger and sharper. No days to waste going forward!

(Baker is scheduled to be in the field at the July 22-28 BB&T Atlanta Open.)

—Brian
Quote:
Tim Smyczek ‏@timsmyczek 8h

@BBakesTennis and I decided to match this morning! @AthleticDNA pic.twitter.com/Wwj78RnzdJ

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
SapELee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #243
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

SapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond reputeSapELee has a reputation beyond repute

Brian will be back in Atlanta but since it is hardcourt, don't expect much Hoping to see Brian in Winston-Salem

Quote:
Brian Baker has been in Newport every day this week working on his return to the ATP tour with coach Todd Martin, who is a touring pro at a local club. Baker has been hitting on the public courts across the street from the Hall of Fame, where the courts are available to any player, on any level on a “first come first serve basis” as Martin told me. Baker is planning on playing next week’s Atlanta event, his first tournament since injuring his knee at this year’s Australian Open in a match against Sam Querrey.
Quote:
Baker is back at full strength, Todd Martin told me, he looked primed and ready to play a tournament, like Atlanta next week. Baker and Christian Harrison were going at it full throttle with baseline hitting. Both were very impressive to my eyes Andrew.
http://www.tennis-prose.com/articles...t-2013-photos/

“When you fall for someone’s personality, everything else about them becomes beautiful.”
Old 07-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #244
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Brian Baker ‏@BBakesTennis 20m

Not playing @BBTatlantaopen but will be there to practice. Bummed but know I need more practice to be fully ready #bigpicture #longsummer

Old 07-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #245
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Brian Baker: Staying patient; return delayed

Quote:
Sometimes patience is the best option. I've decided to skip the BB&T Atlanta Classic this year because I'm just not quite ready to compete in tough matches day in and day out. My game and body are improving, but just not at the point where I need them to be to enter a tournament.

I'm definitely frustrated and ready to be back playing, so I'm hoping in the next week or two, I will be in action. At this point in my career, I need to listen to my body and realize that there are several tournaments this summer.

LAST TIME: Training in Newport

The main goal after all is to be in the best form possible by the U.S. Open. I should have several opportunities to get my feet wet before heading to New York.

I will however be heading down to Atlanta to practice. Being in Atlanta will better prepare me for upcoming tournaments. There should be several guys to hit with and I can get first-class treatment on my body. Hopefully I'll be ready to play in qualifying for the July 29-Aug. 4 Citi Open in D.C., and will leave Atlanta midweek to get situated.

If not, I'll keep practicing for a few more days and wait for the following week.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...diary/2559973/

Old 08-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #246
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Brian will play Aptos, hopefully he doesn't pull out.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #247
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Good luck Brian

(1) Guido Pella (ARG) vs. Malek Jaziri (TUN)
James Duckworth (AUS) vs. Brian Baker (USA)
(WC) Mitchell Krueger (USA) vs. (SE) Daniel Evans (GBR)
(SE) Greg Jones (AUS) vs. (8) Jimmy Wang (TPE)

(4) Ryan Harrison (USA) vs. (Q)
(Q) vs. Olivier Rochus (BEL)
Maxime Authom (BEL) vs. (WC) Tennys Sandgren (USA)
Yuichi Sugita (JPN) vs. (6) Bobby Reynolds (USA)

(5) Wayne Odesnik (USA) vs. (Q)
(Q) vs. Hiroki Moriya (JPN)
Bradley Klahn (USA) vs. Tatsuma Ito (JPN)
Donald Young (USA) vs. (3) Steve Johnson (USA)

(7) Mischa Zverev (GER) vs. Mikhail Kukushkin (KAZ)
Matt Reid (AUS) vs. (WC) Dennis Novikov (USA)
(WC) Andre Dome (USA) vs. Ruben Bemelmans (BEL)
(Q) vs. (2) Evgeny Donskoy (RUS)

Old 08-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #248
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

46 64 61 rusty, but got the job done. Even though Brian was not at his best, he is still better to watch than a lot of the young Americans. Too bad I can't take back the hours from the Young-Johnson match. Happy to see Brian's pleasant groundies.

Last edited by SapELee : 08-07-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 AM   #249
country flag Josh V

Josh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond reputeJosh V has a reputation beyond repute

Nice win for Brian. Great to see him back!

Isner, Sock, Williams, Johnson, Harrison

Baghdatis, Hewitt, Gasquet, Raonic
Josh V is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #250
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back and good win for Brian

Hopefully he can win next match, too.
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #251
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Got a maindraw wc for Cincy

Old 08-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #252
country flag SapELee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lost 64 64 rusty...movement, timing, and return still not good. Despite the roughness, Brian won 8 games and was broken only once in each set (9th game) against the No.1 seed. Not bad.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #253
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

I should've checked this thread sooner! Glad to see that he played this week and will be in Cinci.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #254
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

I'm very happy to see him play again!!

Come on Brian!

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 01:52 AM   #255
country flag afterglows

afterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond reputeafterglows has a reputation beyond repute

Cincinnati: 1st round vs Istomin.

afterglows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote