Roger news and articles - Page 139 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #2071
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #2072
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

FEDERER MOST POWERFUL ATHLETE IN FORBES' LIST
Roger Federer has been named as the most powerful athlete in the world and ranks eighth overall in the Forbes’ annual Celebrity 100 list.

Federer has the most impressive endorsement portfolio in sports, with 10 sponsors that collectively pay the Swiss superstar more than $40 million annually, including long-term deals with Nike, Rolex, Wilson and Credit Suisse.

At the end of 2012, he signed a five-year deal with Moët & Chandon. His income was boosted by a six-match exhibition tour in South America last year that netted him $14 million.

Federer appeared in a staggering 18 out of 19 major championship finals between 2005 and 2010. He has won 77 titles – including a record 17 majors – and earned $77 million in prize money.

Oprah Winfrey, the American media proprietor, topped the Forbes’ 2013 list of the most powerful celebrities.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...s-Federer.aspx
Old 07-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #2073
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #2074
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

I translated the following interview of Roger with German media for RF.com.
Maybe some of you would like to read it here as well

"Hamburg was my breakthrough"

By Florian Merkel

Hamburg's tennisfans can't wait for the first appearance of Superstar Roger Federer at the Rothenbaum since 4 years. 2002 the GS record winner from Switzerland celebrated one of his first big titles here.

Before he arrrives tomorrow with his wife Mirka and his twin daughters the 31year old talked to MOPO about crisis, career plans and his buddy Haas.

Mr. Federer, first of all: How did you got over the early Wimbledon loss?

Roger Federer: After I was since 9 years all the time always at least in the QF of Grand Slams it was of course strange to pack the suitcase. Within 24 hours I had an idea though: That I would like to play Hamburg, that I could play in Gstaad, that I could do a bit of holidays now so that I don't have to do it that often later on.
You can't be sad or disappointed too long. I had a great run at the Grand Slams and it was about to happen one day. Of course I hoped that it wouldn't happen in Wimbledon.

Does such a loss bother you the same as 4, 5 years ago?

That's difficult to say. Sometimes you think that life goes on, no problem, I'm not in the first year of my career anymore. Sometimes it hits you a bit harder and you think that you won't be able to play in Wimbledon for 15 times anymore.
5 years ago, when I won 2, 3 Grand Slam titles in a season, such a loss would have hurt me much more because I would have been the main favorite back then.

You are out of the Top 4 of the world now for the first time in 10 years. What are your goals for the future?

I wan't to be able to hang around at the top for a long time, to win tournaments. The ranking will Show up then. I have never said that I have to get back into the Top 4 immediately or that I have to be in the Top 10 forever. Short-dated I have to see that I play better and that I can get over the Wimbledon loss. There's still much to achieve!

For example here in Hamburg, one of your favorite places in Germany, as you once said. What do you as a Swiss like about the North?

To be honest: At the beginning the cold weather wasn't really my thing. But the longer I was able to stay because I played good the more I liked it. You can spend more time in the town, talk to people and develop a connection to the fans. Hamburg is really a beautiful town, the Alster River, the people - I feel comfortable here.

In 2002 you celebrated at the Rothenbaum your first Masters title. Where do you classify this success?

It was very emotional and will stay in the memory. That victory was a main breakthrough for me and plays an important role because I came into the Top 10 for the first time with it.

You are the main attraction in Hamburg together with your buddy Tommy Haas. Everyone is looking forward to this final. How do you deal with it that you are the crowd favorite and the favorite for the title?

I'm searching for this pressure, otherwise I would just stay at home and practice or finish my career. This pressure makes me stronger and let me dreak of big things. I love it to be the crowd favorite, one who brings tennis forward. I played a lot of Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments but I miss the smaller tournaments, so the joy is also huge from my side and the crowd will feel it.

You won in Hamburg 4 times, Haas never. Assumed you are going to play against each other in the final: Would you grant him the victory?

I already did it in Halle (at the Gerry Weber Open 2012) [laughs]. Of course the tournament in Hamburg is very special, I know that he lived here before and that a title would mean a lot to him. But I will give everything against any player and unfortunately you have to forget then that there is a buddy on the other side of the net. When he should win then though I would be happy for him.

How do you see Haas off court?

I got to know Tommy a lot better during the last years. Since he also got a daughter we are spending more time together with our families which is always great and a lot of fun. On the court Tommy is a bit differently. He needs his angry outburts, his energy, his personality on the court to be able to play good. He also needs this in his private life and I like to join then. I like to practice with Tommy but there were times when we didn't practiced that much together because we were both too much of hotheads and it didn't went well. But now we are both staidy and happy that we can still play.
I'm really happy for Tommy that he fought back that much, it's awesome! It's also an inspiration for me to see that you can hang around with the others without a problem even at his age.

German source: http://www.mopo.de/sportmix/intervie...,23706762.html
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #2075
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I translated the following interview of Roger with German media for RF.com.
Maybe some of you would like to read it here as well

"Hamburg was my breakthrough"

By Florian Merkel

Hamburg's tennisfans can't wait for the first appearance of Superstar Roger Federer at the Rothenbaum since 4 years. 2002 the GS record winner from Switzerland celebrated one of his first big titles here.

Before he arrrives tomorrow with his wife Mirka and his twin daughters the 31year old talked to MOPO about crisis, career plans and his buddy Haas.

Mr. Federer, first of all: How did you got over the early Wimbledon loss?

Roger Federer: After I was since 9 years all the time always at least in the QF of Grand Slams it was of course strange to pack the suitcase. Within 24 hours I had an idea though: That I would like to play Hamburg, that I could play in Gstaad, that I could do a bit of holidays now so that I don't have to do it that often later on.
You can't be sad or disappointed too long. I had a great run at the Grand Slams and it was about to happen one day. Of course I hoped that it wouldn't happen in Wimbledon.

Does such a loss bother you the same as 4, 5 years ago?

That's difficult to say. Sometimes you think that life goes on, no problem, I'm not in the first year of my career anymore. Sometimes it hits you a bit harder and you think that you won't be able to play in Wimbledon for 15 times anymore.
5 years ago, when I won 2, 3 Grand Slam titles in a season, such a loss would have hurt me much more because I would have been the main favorite back then.

You are out of the Top 4 of the world now for the first time in 10 years. What are your goals for the future?

I wan't to be able to hang around at the top for a long time, to win tournaments. The ranking will Show up then. I have never said that I have to get back into the Top 4 immediately or that I have to be in the Top 10 forever. Short-dated I have to see that I play better and that I can get over the Wimbledon loss. There's still much to achieve!

For example here in Hamburg, one of your favorite places in Germany, as you once said. What do you as a Swiss like about the North?

To be honest: At the beginning the cold weather wasn't really my thing. But the longer I was able to stay because I played good the more I liked it. You can spend more time in the town, talk to people and develop a connection to the fans. Hamburg is really a beautiful town, the Alster River, the people - I feel comfortable here.

In 2002 you celebrated at the Rothenbaum your first Masters title. Where do you classify this success?

It was very emotional and will stay in the memory. That victory was a main breakthrough for me and plays an important role because I came into the Top 10 for the first time with it.

You are the main attraction in Hamburg together with your buddy Tommy Haas. Everyone is looking forward to this final. How do you deal with it that you are the crowd favorite and the favorite for the title?

I'm searching for this pressure, otherwise I would just stay at home and practice or finish my career. This pressure makes me stronger and let me dreak of big things. I love it to be the crowd favorite, one who brings tennis forward. I played a lot of Masters 1000 and Grand Slam tournaments but I miss the smaller tournaments, so the joy is also huge from my side and the crowd will feel it.

You won in Hamburg 4 times, Haas never. Assumed you are going to play against each other in the final: Would you grant him the victory?

I already did it in Halle (at the Gerry Weber Open 2012) [laughs]. Of course the tournament in Hamburg is very special, I know that he lived here before and that a title would mean a lot to him. But I will give everything against any player and unfortunately you have to forget then that there is a buddy on the other side of the net. When he should win then though I would be happy for him.

How do you see Haas off court?

I got to know Tommy a lot better during the last years. Since he also got a daughter we are spending more time together with our families which is always great and a lot of fun. On the court Tommy is a bit differently. He needs his angry outburts, his energy, his personality on the court to be able to play good. He also needs this in his private life and I like to join then. I like to practice with Tommy but there were times when we didn't practiced that much together because we were both too much of hotheads and it didn't went well. But now we are both staidy and happy that we can still play.
I'm really happy for Tommy that he fought back that much, it's awesome! It's also an inspiration for me to see that you can hang around with the others without a problem even at his age.

German source: http://www.mopo.de/sportmix/intervie...,23706762.html
Read it on RF.com. Thank you very much for translating it. Let's hope you'll be translating the Roger's winner speech and PC.

This sentence.

Roger is really something else. He has more money than he can spend in a lifetime, most accomplished ever. Still he goes after the challenges, he goes out of his way to improve and is hungry for more titles. Amazing!!!

P.S.: Wish I had a tenth of Roger's motivation and work ethic.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #2076
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

You are welcome about the translation

I did it in a hurry yesterday.

I don't know where the interview was taken considering that Roger wasn't in Hamburg yet.

It's the first time in 10 years that Roger has to deal with an early loss in a GS and normally such happenings are the ones which test a player of his format.

I can totally understand it that the Wimbledon loss would have hurt him more a few years back during the dominant stage in his career - but also when the kids weren't there yet.

It speaks volumes indeed that he is already looking ahead and is still motivated for more things to come
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #2077
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 07-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #2078
country flag Tony2003

Tony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond reputeTony2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Very good Article
I guess we have to wait which form he shows in Hamburg and Gstaad.

Roger Federer

The Incredible Three
Rafa, Joker, Murray

Fan of:
Grigor Dimitrov since 2011
Tony2003 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #2079
country flag WollyHBK

WollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond reputeWollyHBK has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome article buddy
WollyHBK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #2080
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 07-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #2081
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mfl45...roger-federer/

Roger in #8 in the Forbes top 100 celebrities.

I think Dull is also there in position 51 or something. Good for him that his fake humbleness takes him somewhere.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #2082
country flag alypen

alypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond reputealypen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm sure being a Top Celebrity is high on Roger's list of priorities
alypen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #2083
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by alypen View Post
Oh, I'm sure being a Top Celebrity is high on Roger's list of priorities
He isn't but still an interesting fact methinks.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #2084
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #2085
country flag Mr.Prysse.

Mr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond reputeMr.Prysse. has a reputation beyond repute

Mr.Prysse. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote