Russia to arrest openly gay tourists. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #76
country flag jmjhb

jmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond reputejmjhb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Russia to arrest openly gay tourists.

Having lived there for a while, I can't see this being enforced at all.

Singles rank: #110
Doubles rank: #31

Singles: W: Houston 2013, Montpellier 2014 F: Bucharest 2013, Kitzbühel 2012 SF: US Open 2011

Doubles (w/Goldenoldie): W: Le Gosier CH 2013 F AO 2014 SF: (w/Goldenoldie)

Other: W: WTC Dusseldorf 2012
jmjhb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #77
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Why echoes is ban and some posts were deleted? Nothing that I have seen was against the rules
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #78
country flag Nidhogg

Nidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond reputeNidhogg has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, how ridiculous. This is up there with Ahmadinejad's statement about there not being any gay people in Iran.

Chip idiots.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #79
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Why echoes is ban and some posts were deleted? Nothing that I have seen was against the rules
He was not the politically correct model that the mods want to see here.
His comments were somewhat extreme, but very literate. He did not resort to personal insults like the most popular and fawned over posters on MTF. I liked to read his posts because they often gave an opinion that most other people do not have. For instance, he was right on the ball with pointing out that the Syrian rebels can be every bit as criminal as the Syrian government. I read that in his posts long before the news items started covering this aspect of the civil war.

However, it seems we are now to be protected from his controversy. Some day maybe the mods will realize that a discussion forum lives and breathes by controversy. Otherwise it suffocates from lack of interest.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-13-2013 at 12:55 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #80
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
He was not the politically correct model that the mods want to see here.
His comments were somewhat extreme, but very literate. He did not resort to personal insults like the most popular and fawned over posters on MTF. I liked to read his posts because they often gave an opinion that most other people do not have. For instance, he was right on the ball with pointing out that the Syrian rebels can be every bit as criminal as the Syrian government. I read that in his posts long before the news items started covering this aspect of the civil war.

However, it seems we are now to be protected from his controversy. Some day maybe the mods will realize that a discussion forum lives and breathes by controversy. Otherwise it suffocates from lack of interest.
this is the pm i got from the person who reported, i wont say his name

"He equated people who campaign for gay rights with pedophiles (in that post with the pictures).
I reported him for it. I was probably not the only one.
Normally, I prefer to "cross swords" and debate.
But in this case he definitely crossed the line"
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 07-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #81
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gays = pedophiles is not controversial as you claim it, it's discriminatory and for that he was banned (one month). There's no big mystery or conspiracy.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #82
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Gays = pedophiles is not controversial as you claim it, it's discriminatory and for that he was banned (one month). There's no big mystery or conspiracy.
Two thumbs up. (No pun intended lol)

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:14 PM   #83
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never saw that post, so it is impossible for me to have claimed, hinted or otherwise suggested that gays=pedophiles is controversial. I could now claim that I am offended by your accusation, but choose not to be.
Would it not be simpler to let other people in the forum deal with his remarks? We are mostly grown ups, we do not have to be Shielded from bigots. Surely it is not a crime to have erroneous opinions. Do you really think some MTF members read his post and said to themselves, "I hadn't realized that until now?"
I think we are nannied to the point where the forum is exceedingly dull.

And of course, as I said, I never even claimed that gays = pedophiles is controversial, in the sense that it may or may not be true.
There is ample evidence that it is not true.
What I actually said was that Echoes was being controversial in many of his posts. There is a big difference. But I think it is dangerous to ban people for being wrong. If everything posted here has to be right, then there is no need for discussion.

But if you are going to follow those guidelines, then I invite you to comb through recent threads and ban everybody that states that American Social Conservatives = Racist Rednecks. I think that is very discriminatory.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-13-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #84
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

We are not necessarily protecting anyone personally, simply there are a few rules on this board which everybody accepted during the registration and admin and mod team is trying to maintain them; if somebody wants a place to write anything he/she can think of, then this is not the place - there are enough of other places on the net without rules, without moderation, and free-for-all.

I am not going to comb through anything, however you are free to report the posts you find offensive and they will be processed same as all other reports.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #85
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
I think TopSpinDoctor is a closet case.

This is just my opinion. I'm allowed to have one.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #86
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
I am not going to comb through anything, however you are free to report the posts you find offensive and they will be processed same as all other reports.

I do not find any posts offensive. I just choose not to be offended.

And yes, I think that all too often people act offended in a belief that it demonstrates their superior moral judgement. But by deciding to be offended rather than just ignoring whatever it was that they deemed to be offensive, they just lend relevance to the supposed offender.

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-14-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:16 AM   #87
country flag Punky

Quote:
I do not find any posts offensive. I just choose not to be offended.

And yes, I think that all too often people act offended in a belief that it demonstrates their superior moral judgement. But by deciding to be offended rather than just ignoring whatever it was that they deemed to be offensive, they just lend relevance to the supposed offender.
If someone is a women hater, gay, racist or anti-Semitic thats ok and he is Entitled to his opinion bjut that does not mean i need to read it all over the forum.

there are lots of open free forums

Old 07-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #88
country flag Tzar

Tzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond reputeTzar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I never saw that post, so it is impossible for me to have claimed, hinted or otherwise suggested that gays=pedophiles is controversial. I could now claim that I am offended by your accusation, but choose not to be.
Would it not be simpler to let other people in the forum deal with his remarks? We are mostly grown ups, we do not have to be Shielded from bigots. Surely it is not a crime to have erroneous opinions. Do you really think some MTF members read his post and said to themselves, "I hadn't realized that until now?"
I think we are nannied to the point where the forum is exceedingly dull.

And of course, as I said, I never even claimed that gays = pedophiles is controversial, in the sense that it may or may not be true.
There is ample evidence that it is not true.
What I actually said was that Echoes was being controversial in many of his posts. There is a big difference. But I think it is dangerous to ban people for being wrong. If everything posted here has to be right, then there is no need for discussion.

But if you are going to follow those guidelines, then I invite you to comb through recent threads and ban everybody that states that American Social Conservatives = Racist Rednecks. I think that is very discriminatory.
There is a big difference in between controversial and being disrespectful and hateful. What he said about pedophiles was flat-out disrespectful and can't be considered "an opinion".

If you never saw that post, then you should have asked a Mod first why he was banned instead of trashing them, claiming that they are censuring us and basically saying they are slapping a piece of tape across our mouths on this forum and what not.

He wasn't being wrong, he was being offensive. If I used the N word on this forum, I would get a deserved ban too. It is on the same level, which is why there are many anti-hate laws in the use protecting people against discrimination regarding religion, race, ethnicity AND sexual orientation.

You are allowed to have your opinion but the moment you cross that line and decided to simply trash other human beings, then you are becoming a bully, and there shouldn't be room for that in this world.

TennisTipping - 2011 COMEBACK.
Doubles: 15.
W: Los Angeles 09', Kuala Lumpur 09', Basel 09', Houston 10', Memphis 11', Belgrade 11'
Tzar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #89
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post

You are allowed to have your opinion but the moment you cross that line and decided to simply trash other human beings, then you are becoming a bully, and there shouldn't be room for that in this world.
My whole point is that you can simply trash other human beings here. The line you talk about is moved depending on the political correctness scale.

Maybe you would like to take a shot at explaining why you can not use the n word here, but using redneck as an ethnic slur against white Americans is perfectly OK. People who use it are being offensive, but it is condoned. Why is that?

Last edited by buddyholly : 07-14-2013 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:50 PM   #90
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I really like standing here in the middle of the conversation doing nothing like an asshole.