Ferrer has to be the worst top 3 player ever - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-12-2013, 06:12 AM   #106
country flag Vanity

Vanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond reputeVanity has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ferrer has to be the worst top 3 player ever

My mother came over while I was watching the RG final this year and it took her two seconds to see right through the vulture. She doesn't follow tennis much at all, other than what she sees in the news. Her exact words: "How did that guy make it to the final? He isn't even in the same league... he serves like a grandmother! And why is he grunting like that? He doesn't hit the ball hard!"
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 AM   #107
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
The only reason why people thinks he is the only one is because he wins most of them while the others fail to do so.

in 2013 as of week after WImbledon
Ferrer has played 5
Berdych has played 4
del Potro has played 2
Tsonga has played 2

in 2012
Ferrer played 5 (Auckland, Buenos Aires, s-Hertogenbosch, Bastad, Kuala Lumpur)
Tsonga played 7 (Stockholm, Metz, Winston Salem, Queen's, Munich, Marseille, Doha)
Berdych played 4 (Montpellier, Dusseldorf, Halle, Stockholm)
del Potro played 4 (Vienna, Estoril, Marseille, Sydney)

in 2011
Ferrer played 3 (Bastad, Nice, Auckland)
Tsonga played 7 (Doha, Marseille, Estoril, Queen's, Eastbourne, Metz, Vienna)
Berdych played 5 (Chennai, Marseille, Nice, Halle, Bastad)
del Potro played 8 (Vienna, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Queen's, Estoril, Delray Beach, San Jose, Sydney)

in 2010, crazily none of them won a 250 event
Ferrer played 5 (Kuala Lumpur, Bastad, Buenos Aires, Johannesburg, Auckland)
Tsonga played 3 (Marseille, Moscow, Montpellier)
Berdych played 7 (Brisbane, Sydney, San Jose, Munich, Dusseldorf, Kuala Lumpur, Stockholm)
del Potro played 1 (Bangkok)
Yeah, the point is different IMO. People hate/dislike Ferrer cause he gets a lot of points vulturing these events, but he's actually a bye for the big 4 in slams (bar injury). Other payers (tsonga, berdych, delpo) have shown they can challenge/beat the big 4 when it really matters and get more respect.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #108
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
What are you on about? The count in the ATP rankings is totally bogus, everyone knows that. For instance, delPo has 13 tournaments for the year when he has actually only played 10.
The count in the ATP rankings is correct, because any mandatories missed by a player are counted in. I do understand that your 'bogus' referred to unconnected to what dencod was saying.

To be frank, there is one player with a tournament count wrong on the ATP which is still unrepaired. Tommy Haas.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #109
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manadrainer View Post
Yeah, the point is different IMO. People hate/dislike Ferrer cause he gets a lot of points vulturing these events, but he's actually a bye for the big 4 in slams (bar injury). Other payers (tsonga, berdych, delpo) have shown they can challenge/beat the big 4 when it really matters and get more respect.
And we're all still waiting for Tsonga and Berdych to beat the big 4 in slams when it really matters aka a final

Beating a top player is meaningless if you can't back it up the way Delpo did, and that was a one time thing almost four years ago. Until anyone outside the big 4 can consistently back up these results and break the hegemony, they're all on the same level. Tsonga, Ferrer and Delpo are all ultimately byes for the top guys. They can challenge them, sometimes beat them in QFs and SFs, but that doesn't matter if they can't bring it on the biggest stage. Berdych doesn't count in this since he's usually a bye for whatever first round opponent he gets.

And once again, you cannot vulture a slam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #110
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
My mother came over while I was watching the RG final this year and it took her two seconds to see right through the vulture. She doesn't follow tennis much at all, other than what she sees in the news. Her exact words: "How did that guy make it to the final? He isn't even in the same league... he serves like a grandmother! And why is he grunting like that? He doesn't hit the ball hard!"
You have that in common with her
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #111
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My wife is pretty much the same as your mother regarding tennis. Yet, she liked Ferrer in that final. Interesting...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #112
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Wow, a Ferrer bashing thread, that's certainly very original Should he break his leg so he can't play/get points anymore? I feel like nothing less would satisfy his haters.
there is a rule for GM threads "don't start threads intended solely to bash a player" -- how come it's not enforced?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #113
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
People bashing him for being no. 3 without a slam.
  • Marcelo Rios was number 1 without a slam and only got pass the quarters of a slam final of australian open.
  • Davydenko never reached a slam final.
  • Ljubicic has only gotten pass the fourth round twice and has never reached the 4th round of Wimbledon and US Open. Coria has never won a slam and only reached one other semifinal.
  • Haas a world no. 2 never reached a final and became number 2 2nd round of french, 1 round of wimbledon, 4th round of us open, and semis of australian and a master what Ferrer has achieved in the past year is way better.
    And as if his Masters was any more difficult he beat Mirnyi in the final and beat "good claycourt players" Henman and Hewitt.
  • Norman reached 1 quarter, 1 semi, 1 final of a slam and 2 quarters and a win in masters as number 2.
Davydenko's a poor argument here, as is Norman and Coria. Davydenko won Masters titles and WTF's, Coria won Masters and Norman's career achievements were wrecked because of injury.

The other three you sorta have a point. Rios won Masters titles too but Ferrer hasn't gotten to #1 so meh. He was hurt by injuries too.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #114
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
there is a rule for GM threads "don't start threads intended solely to bash a player" -- how come it's not enforced?
Was thinking just the same. The lack of total logic this thread has and the absolutes it deals with, Moderators should have closed (not deleted --- please don't make posts go away again) this thread long ago.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 AM   #115
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Was thinking just the same. The lack of total logic this thread has and the absolutes it deals with, Moderators should have closed (not deleted --- please don't make posts go away again) this thread long ago.
and just to play devil's advocate... we have threads called "worst top 3 player ever?" (or similar) so it could have been merged there. No problem with having the discussion (even if does lead to people ganging up on a particular player), but in that configuration, it's not targeting a specific player.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:55 AM   #116
country flag ximo

ximo is on a distinguished road

Well, I have to say I like Ferrer because he is a true fighter, but for me is not a good player at all, or just too bad for top 3. Anyway, in my opinion the worst player to be a part of this 'group' was Guillermo Coria. His style was kind of similar to Ferrer, but it was less agressive. He also reached the final of Roland Garros and also lost. Im surprised many of you mentioned about Ljubicic and nobody remembered about the Argentinean.

Btw, I'm new at this forum so hello everyone

Del Potro

Gasquet

Berdych, Janowicz, Monaco, Tomic, Brands, Hewitt
ximo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #117
country flag Ikaron
Banned!

Ikaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Ferrer isn't worst N3. In 2011 Ferrer was my favorite player,but then things changed.

2012 RG SF VS NADAL 2-6 2-6 1-6,2012 USO SF VS DJOKOVIC 6-2(This was because of wind)1-6 4-6 2-6,2013 AO SF VS DJOKOVIC 2-6 2-6 1-6, 2013 RG F VS NADAL 3-6 2-6 3-6, 2013 WIMBLEDON QF VS INJURED DEL POTRO 2-6 4-6 6-7.

He ruined for me last 5 slams. He ruined QF,SFs and F(Grand Slam's Most Interesting Part). I think (Wow SFs it should be interesting. GRAND SLAM SFs are always interesting.) But then Ferrer loses with winning five game.Because of that he is hated.

But on this forum are some delusive tards,who say that Ferrer had injury vs Del Potro and Del Potro faked injury. They are just pathetic
Ikaron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #118
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #119
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaron View Post
But on this forum are some delusive tards,who say that Ferrer had injury vs Del Potro and Del Potro faked injury. They are just pathetic
Yes, Ferrer playing with injections from day 1 at Wimbledon, being unable to even practice on the day he played Del Potro and being out for at least a month after that because of his ankle injury is all made up.
Ruben Ramirez was in a hotel in Rio Preto Brasil last year when his doubles partner Ferreiro decided to go see the night in the city. He opened his arms widely and said: que pasa man? we have match tomorrow.

Legend.
Quote:
“Some players say to me, ‘Why are you still playing?’ ” Ramirez Hidalgo said. “I still play because tennis is my life. Tennis gives me everything, more than I dreamed when I was young.”

Last edited by Chris Kuerten : 07-12-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:34 AM   #120
country flag Ikaron
Banned!

Ikaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond reputeIkaron has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Kuerten View Post
Yes, Ferrer playing with injections from day 1 at Wimbledon, being unable to even practice on the day he played Del Potro and being out for at least a month after that because of his ankle injury is all made up.
Del Potro almost retired. He had injury too.
Ikaron is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote