Who's going to Cincy this year? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #1
country flag CaliGal

CaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who's going to Cincy this year?

I am excited to be going and staying at host hotel. Who else is going?

Last edited by CaliGal : 07-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.
CaliGal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
country flag PitsOfTheWorld

PitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond reputePitsOfTheWorld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going this year?

I'm going on my own. First ever pro tournament, aside from QF day at the Winnetka Challenger last week.

I'll be there Monday PM and then all day and night Tuesday and Wednesday. Staying at a Best Western in Monroe, a town to the north.
"A tacit rhetorical assumption here is that you have very probably never heard of Michael Joyce of Brentwood, L.A... Nor of Vince Spadea nor Jonathan Stark...--all ranked in the world’s top one hundred at one point in 1995. Nor of Jeff Tarango, sixty-eight in the world, unless you remember his unfortunate psychotic breakdown in full public view during last year’s Wimbledon.

You are invited to try to imagine what it would be like to be among the hundred best in the world at something. At anything. I have tried to imagine; it’s hard."
--David Foster Wallace (), "Tennis Player Michael Joyce's Professional Artistry as a Paradigm of Certain Stuff about Choice, Freedom, Discipline, Joy, Grotesquerie, and Human Completeness"
PitsOfTheWorld is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
country flag CaliGal

CaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond reputeCaliGal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitsOfTheWorld View Post
I'm going on my own. First ever pro tournament, aside from QF day at the Winnetka Challenger last week.

I'll be there Monday PM and then all day and night Tuesday and Wednesday. Staying at a Best Western in Monroe, a town to the north.
Hi POTW
Fun! I am staying from Sunday through Thursday. This will be my 3rd year at Cincy. You will LOVE it. Decent venue. The weather is unbearable(wet heat), but it's worth it. It's been over 6 years since I have seen a tournament. I have been to Indian Wells, Barcelona and Cincy. I am having withdrawls and cannot wait!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
country flag CaliGal

Anyone else? I am surprised this hasn't gotten more hits. It's coming up!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
country flag Allez-Alejo

Allez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond reputeAllez-Alejo has a reputation beyond repute

I will be attending for the seventh time, from Sunday through Thursday as well. We always go to the zoo, which is great, on Saturday and are catching a Reds game Saturday night. RFW, since you haven't been in six years I can see why you say decent venue but with the upgrades, court additions, new food court and overall makeover to the grounds, it is truly now a world class venue. Even with all the upgrades, player access is still unmatched...they still all enter adjacent to center court into the new players center.

The Marriot in Mason is a very nice hotel. Many good food choices along Mason-Montgomery Rd that many of the players frequent on the weekend. I've seen Benneteau 2 of the past 3 years in Carabbas. Many years ago when Gilbert coached Murray, he was giving Murray driving lessons in the Marriott parking lot...hilarious to say the least. Fed always rents a house and Rafa used to stay at the Marriot when he was younger but not sure anymore.
Doubles: W - US Open(w/orangehat)
Entry - 35(49) Race - 28

Proud supporter of University at Buffalo, Niagara University, Drexel University, Fairport and Kenmore West athletics....and Chelsea FC and Atlanta Braves

Fairport's Angels - Always in our Hearts 6.26.07
Allez-Alejo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
country flag CaliGal

7 times, wow! Good for you! I love that your seeing the Red's play! When in Rome!
That is hysterical that you witnessed that driving lesson. I love it!

I actually met Roger at the Marriott YEARS ago, 2005. Got a picture with him. He was really nice and smelled good! Didn't see him year after.
Rafa and most of the Spaniards where there and all of the Frenchies were too. I saw Marat too he was speaking with Gilbert in lounge area. I saw a lot of players period, there! So surreal to walk out of your room and see one.
I would imagine most still stay there since it's one of the nicer hotels in that area, close to venue. Maybe things have changed since WTA is attending at the same time and so players are spread out more?
I am excited to see the venue's upgrades, for sure!

Last edited by CaliGal : 07-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
country flag hope11

hope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond reputehope11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to Cincy this year?

I am going again this year! I have gone every year since 2006. The heat can be tough but the access to the players is excellent. I hate that the women are there now, but the facilities are definitely impressive. I went to Wimbledon last year, and it was so tough to get close to players, or even get seats on the outside courts. I saw very little tennis at Wimbledon even though I went for 3 days. So for me Wimbledon was about the experience and Cincy is about seeing the players up close. Another great thing about Cincy that is rare is that the parking is close and free! I can't wait to go again this year!
hope11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 AM   #8
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafasfuturewife View Post
I am excited to be going and staying at host hotel. Who else is going?
can you sort me some free tickets?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
country flag CaliGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
can you sort me some free tickets?
Sure, straight away!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #10
country flag zookeeper

zookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond reputezookeeper has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there. I've been going every year since 1993.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
zookeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #11
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going Tuesday through Thursday! First big tournament in US for me. Not sure which hotel I'm staying at.
Any advice on where to take pictures with pros?

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #12
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I will be going! I've been going to this tournament since 2009 and so far it's my favorite. This year I'll have a media credential and will be covering the event for The Traveling Fan Girl and Tennis East Coast!

For those new to the Cincy tournament I did write a guide last year talking about the grounds, etc. I discuss DartMarcus's question about pictures with the pros.. which is the practice courts! All are very accessible. There is also a great player entrance area but I personally find that better for autographs than pictures.

GUIDE TO CINCY: http://tenniseastcoast.com/2012/08/2...n-girls-guide/
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
country flag CaliGal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFanGirl View Post
I will be going! I've been going to this tournament since 2009 and so far it's my favorite. This year I'll have a media credential and will be covering the event for The Traveling Fan Girl and Tennis East Coast!

For those new to the Cincy tournament I did write a guide last year talking about the grounds, etc. I discuss DartMarcus's question about pictures with the pros.. which is the practice courts! All are very accessible. There is also a great player entrance area but I personally find that better for autographs than pictures.

GUIDE TO CINCY: http://tenniseastcoast.com/2012/08/2...n-girls-guide/
Wow what a great job you have! What days are you going? I am going from Sun- Thurs or fri depending.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #14
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGal View Post
Wow what a great job you have! What days are you going? I am going from Sun- Thurs or fri depending.
Thank you, although I'm not sure you can call it a "job" yet. I'm certainly following my dreams! I'll be there the whole tournament.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I will be there on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote