Soderking Chat Thread vol.1 - Page 163 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #2431
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soderking Chat Thread vol.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
hahaha thats fantastic! love it
hahaha, does this girl look like Jenni???....i am kidding...
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #2432
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see him type that. But the question is 'when?' .
Old 03-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #2433
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Great to see him type that. But the question is 'when?' .
or what. Like in "What year?"
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:07 AM   #2434
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
or what. Like in "What year?"
I wonder what will happen first: Robin's return or Rosol backing up his Wimbledon win . JK, I love Lukas .
Old 03-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #2435
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wonder what will happen first: Robin's return or Rosol backing up his Wimbledon win . JK, I love Lukas .
Whenever I see Berdych and Ferrer play these days I always think "Soderling had been ranked higher than those two"

It was extra painful to watch Berdych defeat Federer multiple times thinking that Soderling could have achieved so much if healthy the past 1,5 years. Robin could have won slams with weak Fed and no Nadal

Watching Ferrer racking up all the titles too thinking that Soderling probably had defeated him in most of those tournaments

Whenever I see Rosol or Janowicz play I always think "Please become a new Soderling". Sadly I think none of them got what it takes. It's been some painful months.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 AM   #2436
country flag FlameOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Whenever I see Berdych and Ferrer play these days I always think "Soderling had been ranked higher than those two"

It was extra painful to watch Berdych defeat Federer multiple times thinking that Soderling could have achieved so much if healthy the past 1,5 years. Robin could have won slams with weak Fed and no Nadal

Watching Ferrer racking up all the titles too thinking that Soderling probably had defeated him in most of those tournaments

Whenever I see Rosol or Janowicz play I always think "Please become a new Soderling". Sadly I think none of them got what it takes. It's been some painful months.
Thinking of what could've been is a bit sad yes, though personally I think Robin would've been a long-shot for a slam. I think if he were still healthy and playing he would've still been hunting for the first one. Like Berdych there are major matchup issues for both among the top players. Either could maybe get through one of them, but usually to win a slam you have to get through 2 or 3.

Ferrer is just...yeah. He's at the mercy of the top players when he faces them. Robin and Tomas with their big games can control their destiny a lot more. Robin has no reason to be jealous of Ferrer even now - except maybe for the fact that he's playing .

I saw Lukas live in Auckland this year (final qualifying match) and although the very windy day probably affected things, his power level didn't seem especially unique to the other players I've seen (I saw Jerzy live that same day too ). That said it was an extremely windy day which affected everyone's game.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #2437
country flag MaxPower

Quote:
Thinking of what could've been is a bit sad yes, though personally I think Robin would've been a long-shot for a slam. I think if he were still healthy and playing he would've still been hunting for the first one. Like Berdych there are major matchup issues for both among the top players. Either could maybe get through one of them, but usually to win a slam you have to get through 2 or 3.

Ferrer is just...yeah. He's at the mercy of the top players when he faces them. Robin and Tomas with their big games can control their destiny a lot more. Robin has no reason to be jealous of Ferrer even now - except maybe for the fact that he's playing .

I saw Lukas live in Auckland this year (final qualifying match) and although the very windy day probably affected things, his power level didn't seem especially unique to the other players I've seen (I saw Jerzy live that same day too ). That said it was an extremely windy day which affected everyone's game.
Thing is Soderling was unlucky to draw Federer OR Nadal in every freaking slam during most of his active career. I don't think he's even played Murray or Djokovic in a slam. Ever. He always drew Fed or Nadal when they were the top2 and it was really a big2 rather than a big4. It's odd really. Once in AO he had the chance to face Murray in QF but choked in R4 vs Dolgo.

Now when Federer has become a lot worse and Nadal was injured for a long time Soderling was unlucky to be sidelined. I think 27-29 yo Soderling could have reached multiple slam SFs, F or even win without Fed/Nadal knocking him out.

It's not a coincidence Murray grabbed his first slam last year and I think it's just a question of time before Tsonga/Berdych/Delpo or even someone else wins to. Fedal is declining and Murray/Djokovic gonna fail in some slams for sure the coming 1-2 years.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #2438
country flag FlameOn

Anything of note?
http://video.eurosport.se/tennis/cou...81/video.shtml
Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #2439
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...154882&page=15
AgnRus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #2440
country flag FlameOn

Oh thanks .
Old 07-09-2013, 03:22 AM   #2441
country flag AgnRus

AgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond reputeAgnRus has a reputation beyond repute

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsi...tm_source=t.co

so we still have some hope.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #2442
country flag sunzhewyq

sunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond reputesunzhewyq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnRus View Post
woo....good to know that......haven't seen a single match for some time...hope robin will come back soon...
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 AM   #2443
country flag MaxPower

oh. Finally some good news. An hour/day of tennis practice isn't so bad. There could still be hope for the indoor hc season. It would be perfect to attempt a comeback when everyone else is tired after a long season in some of his favourite tournaments.

I wouldn't mind if he shocked everyone and gave USO a go but I also fear he might rest this full season too. Shouldn't compare himself too much to Haas and Robredo. Would be great to do a comeback before like....35.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #2444
country flag FlameOn

Most of those at Robin's former level practice for many more hours daily, but it's a great start! Plus we don't know if he could possibly practice more hours and is just being cautious at this stage. Hopefully .

Any news other than "I still want to come back" is good news in my book .
Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #2445
country flag AgnRus

http://www.kltk.se/viewNavMenu.do?menuID=55&oid=7811

Hallå Robin!

14 augusti 2013

KLTK-nytt ringde upp för att kolla läget med Robin Söderling och bland annat gratulera på födelsedagen samt fråga hur han mår.

Hallå där och grattis på födelsedagen Robin!

– Tjena, tack så mycket.

Hur har sommaren varit?

– Jo för sjutton, den har varit helt underbar. Svårt att inte vara nöjd när vädret varit så bra. Man njuter verkligen av att vara i Sverige då.

Vi hörde att du slagit till på ett hus på Bjäreterrassen i Torekov som det görs reklam för på KLTK och som är en av klubbens sponsorer?

– Ja det stämmer, vi spenderade en del av sommaren där nere, inredde huset och fixade. Det var verkligen skitmysigt.

Var det en tillfällighet att du köpte detta eller har du letat i området tidigare?

– Njae, det var nog mer en slump. Jag hörde om projektet och känner en av initiativtagarna, Jonas Bengtsson (KLTK-medlem reds. anmärkning) sedan tidigare och när jag väl började prata om det så gick det ganska fort. Jag är ju som så många av KLTK:s tävlingsjuniorer mer eller mindre uppvuxen på somrarna i Båstad och Bjärehalvön så det kändes bra att äntligen kunna ha något eget där nere också. Sen är vår dotter snart ett år och om några år är det perfekt som sommarställe för henne med massa kompisar i området.

De har ju en nylagd grusbana i området också, har du hunnit testa den?

- Ja jag slog lite på banan och den är superfin. Samma underlag som i vår tennispark på Kungliga. Sen byggs ju ett orangeri nu med plats för 40 personer i området som är för de boende. Det blir ruggigt fint verkar det som även om jag bara sett ritningarna. Det är redan ett par bekanta i området och det vore ju kul om det blev fler tennisintresserade från Kungliga som flyttade in.

Annars då, går återhämtningen framåt och har du kunnat träna i sommar?

– Det går som jag sagt förut väldigt sakta men det går framåt hela tiden. Jag håller igång kroppen och försöker slå på bollen några gånger i veckan om än i lugnt tempo. Jag lyssnar på kroppen noggrant och hoppas verkligen jag kommer kunna komma tillbaka ut på touren igen.

Har du följt tennisen mycket i övrigt?

– Jag läser resultaten och jag kollade lite grann på Franska och Wimbledon. Sen när man nu är hemma i Sverige så mycket så får man ju även höra om resultat på Sommartouren och Futures och så vidare. Förresten hörde jag en kompis berätta om vår junior Simon Freund.

– Jag hörde att han hade vunnit ett gäng ITF:er i rad och även en Sommartourtävling och fortfarande har ett år kvar som junior. Det är ju sjukt kul. Bara att hoppas han har glöden och viljan att nu träna och fokusera ännu mer. Han har några avgörande år framför sig. Jag minns själv hur hårt jag fokuserade de åren så jag hoppas han har samma driv.

Nu är du 29 år. Blir det 30-års fest i det nya orangeriet med grannarna nere i Torekov nästa sommar då?

– Ha ha... det vet jag inte. Förhoppninsvis är jag i Cincinnati vid den här tiden nästa år. Jag bjuder hellre på en rejäl grillfest för grannarna om jag skulle vinna Swedish Open igen.

Ska vi ta det som ett löfte?

– Ha ha, ja vi säger väl det...

Okej Robin, tack så mycket för pratstunden, vi ses på klubben.

– Yes, det gör vi....tack själv.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand some words unfortunately.

Could someone translate? at least briefly.