Marin's 2014 season // Miami draw out! - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #61
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marin's Clay Court Season

If Haas beat Youzhny Marin will be 12. Then if he doesn't defend Queen's title he is out of top 12 seeds for Wimby. What a looser he is, disgusting.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #62
country flag Coolio_Jack

Coolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond reputeCoolio_Jack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
If Haas beat Youzhny Marin will be 12. Then if he doesn't defend Queen's title he is out of top 12 seeds for Wimby. What a looser he is, disgusting.
Being seeded in top 12 didnt help him much so far. The thing is, there's a common opinion about Cilic that he's a top 10 talent and only need to sort his head out, and thats just not true. He deserves praise for getting this far, hes 11th, and there are a lot of players bellow him with far more potential and higher peak level.

I mean, if he admits that someone like Troicki beated him by just pushing, thats saying a lot about his shot making ability. Can anyone imagine Cilic playing a match like Gulbis - Nadal, or some other matches involving great shotmakers like Wawrinka - Djokovic and so on, to not name them. In he's early days, he was lacking consistency, but at least he was hitting the ball hard and with authority, and on a good day he was a threat. Nowdays, he lacks power and he's still inconsistent as ever. Every top player knows they can just keep the ball in play, and there's nothing Cilic can do about it. He has a embarrasing balance with top 20 players because of it.

And no, its not only his head, there are some bigger nutcases that can at least be a threat on some given days, Cilic is simply not a threat no matter how he plays.

I've always supported him, and will in the future, but after watching him for years, im utterly convinced he doesnt have anything big in him, under any circumstances. And thats fine.
Coolio_Jack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM   #63
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

So he needs to defend title and to hope that Nishikori will not play final in Halle to stay 12. If he doesn't defend the title he is out of top 12 seeds on Wimbledon expecially cause Murray and Del Potro will play Queens. Beside them Queen's will play Berdych and Tsonga, too.
What a clown Marin is. Who knows maybe it will be better when he find new coach. He needs to start winnig cause he will have to defend alot of points in next period.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:50 AM   #64
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon his ex-coach taught him that.... when he was young he was hitting hard all the time and played real attacking tennis (only what was lacking was going out to the net more). After that coach probably said, "look, you won't get higher if you don't reduce UE's" so he did and stopped hitting the ball. I prefered his game when he did 80 winners and 70 UE's rather than now.

That was a game you can further work on to reduce UE's, not by stopping your attack, but rather through finding a way to shorten the points.
And that way is better first serve, going to net after good shot in the corner rather than staying behind. With his current style he needs to hit 3-4 lines to win the point (which lead to UE's), instead of rather one in the corner and running to the net. Or why not even after a good kick serve or first serve.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens

Last edited by AncicCilic : 06-05-2013 at 11:53 AM.
AncicCilic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #65
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncicCilic View Post
I reckon his ex-coach taught him that.... when he was young he was hitting hard all the time and played real attacking tennis (only what was lacking was going out to the net more). After that coach probably said, "look, you won't get higher if you don't reduce UE's" so he did and stopped hitting the ball. I prefered his game when he did 80 winners and 70 UE's rather than now.
Totally agree with you. One even doesn't need to go that far for example, look at the last year US Open, first two sets when he was hitting the ball hard, Murray didn't know what to do. He still knows how to hit a winner but Bob Brett was insisting on inside out forehand and there you go.
daddy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #66
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Maybe you are right but we are sure his problem is his head.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:27 AM   #67
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

daddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond reputedaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Head is without a doubt #1 followed by poor coaching, which hopefully, should be corrected now!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #68
country flag AncicCilic

AncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond reputeAncicCilic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I also agree his head is the problem. However, both of mentioned can be sorted with the right coach. It's not like he is 30. He should get a coach with opposite temperament and style of coaching, and not similar to himself like he had so far.

P.S. Watch out for Donna Vekic and Borna Coric, 2020. Hopman cup winners. - posted in 2011, let's see if it happens
Old 06-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #69
country flag petar_pan
Banned!

Quote:
I also agree his head is the problem. However, both of mentioned can be sorted with the right coach. It's not like he is 30. He should get a coach with opposite temperament and style of coaching, and not similar to himself like he had so far.
Yeah, I said it here few days ago. That coach need to be someone like Ivan Lendl.
Gilbert really loves Marin, he is big name. Maybe he is the man to make Marin a top player. I don't seen no one other. But he had some slump attempt recently, I think.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 AM   #70
country flag Deathless Mortal
♤23♤

Deathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond reputeDeathless Mortal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That was a game you can further work on to reduce UE's, not by stopping your attack, but rather through finding a way to shorten the points.
And that way is better first serve, going to net after good shot in the corner rather than staying behind. With his current style he needs to hit 3-4 lines to win the point (which lead to UE's), instead of rather one in the corner and running to the net. Or why not even after a good kick serve or first serve.
Great post

"a kad me opet gore vrati zahvalit' ću Mu prvo
što nam je dao komad zemlje što je za sebe sačuv'o"
Deathless Mortal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #71
country flag daddy
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Yeah, I said it here few days ago. That coach need to be someone like Ivan Lendl.
Gilbert really loves Marin, he is big name.
Marin can't afford Gilbert, he charges more than Marin makes.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:02 PM   #72
country flag RU90

RU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond reputeRU90 has a reputation beyond repute

This is a very interesting discussion about the lack of aggression in his game. I never even thought that Bob Brett could be the reason for it because everyone says he is one of the best coaches out there. The relationship became stale, so I'm glad it's over. Do you all think Ivanisevic could work with Marin more now (does he have the time)? I would think that he knows the way Marin should play. I also remember something about Goran trying to help Marin with his serve, but I never really saw any improvement.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #73
country flag AncicCilic

Today in newspapers there was an article which said it is not sure whether Marin will recover for Umag which starts in 2 weeks. It also said Marin got injections for the leg.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 PM   #74
country flag cilomania

cilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond reputecilomania has a reputation beyond repute

it shame that marin is injured now he is defending champ in umag.he will lost lot of points there.nice players in umag this year Janowich Gasquet Monfils.
cilomania is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #75
country flag AncicCilic

Now it is official, Marin will skip Umag. Bad bad part of the season for him to get injured, in Wimbledon, Hamburg and Umag he will loose over 500 points in comparison to prior year.