Larri: "Guga is motivated" - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2002, 05:30 PM   #1
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Larri: "Guga is motivated"

LARRRI: "GUGA IS HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND CONTAGIATING ALL THE TEAM."

Gustavo Kuerten finished the first week of the pre-season, in Camboriú-SC, receiving nice words from coach Larri Passos.

Three times winner of Roland Garros, Guga spent three weeks on vacations and returned to practice this Monday, with a tough routine, spending over 10 hours on Larri Passos Tennis Pro, and reached the practice marathon on a great tecnical status.

"We finished the year on a very high level tecnically, and Guga is on an excellent moment. His motivation is very high and that goes around to the other players," said Larri, who is hosting in his academy some other brazilian tennis players: André Sá, Marcio Carlsson, Pedro Braga, Rodrigo Monte, Bruno Rosa, Alexandre Bonatto, Diego Toledo and Alexandre Ceribelli.

Larri said that he focused on ball control and tecnical exercises during this first week of practice.

The daily routine consists on 3 hours and a half of court work, plus Gym time and pool, for rehabilitation. (Im not sure if this is the right word...?)

"With the "upgrade" on the academy, that now has a pool and a room for the players to rest, among other new stuff, the work is giving a lot bigger return to them, as everybody is spending all the day here and having all meals here," explained Larri.

Guga and Larri stay in Brazil untill January 1st, when they travel to Auckland, New Zealand, for the first ATP tour of the season.

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Dissident is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2002, 06:31 PM   #2
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

This is very good news. Thanks for the translation.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 06:36 PM   #3
tommyboy

tommyboy

This message is to Dissident, former Hitman. I have been busy, and apparently missed much. How are you, Dissident. Cool new login name. Should all Gugafans reinvent themselves? That is the impression I am getting from you. One of these days, I will get creative and rename myself for the net. Great to hear that Guga is enthused to practice and looking to next season. Go Guga.
tommyboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute

Guga rocks!!!!! he'll rule in 2003!!! GO GUGAAA!!!

Roger Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - Grigor Dimitrov

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 11:54 PM   #5
country flag Dissident

Dissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond reputeDissident has a reputation beyond repute

Hey tommy!

I just changed my name to pay some tribute to my dear band Pearl Jam. They came up with a new record that is stunning, and I got carried away. I like this new one too. Thanks.

TWENTY!
'97 ROLAND GARROS, '98 Stuttgart, '98 Mallorca, '99 MONTE CARLO, '99 ROMA, '00 Santiago, '00 HAMBURG, '00 ROLAND GARROS, '00 Indianapolis, '00 MASTERS CUP LISBOA, '01 Buenos Aires, '01 Acapulco, '01 MONTE CARLO, '01 ROLAND GARROS, '01 Stuttgart, '01 CINCINNATI, '02 Costa do Sauipe, '03 Auckland, '03 St. Petersburg, '04 Costa do Sauipe.
Old 12-15-2002, 01:54 PM   #6
BrasilianAtHeart

BrasilianAtHeart

I'm so glad to hear that Guga is getting back into form and is ready to pounce in 2003!!!! Go Guga! Thanks also to Dissident who translated that article for Guga's fans.

Love,
Liz

"Someday, after mastering the winds, the waves, the tides, gravity, we shall harness for good the energies of love, and then, for the second time in the history of the world, humanity will have discovered fire."

GUGA
FERNANDO
ANDRE
FLAVIO

BrasilianAtHeart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 11:18 PM   #7
Lily

Lily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond reputeLily has a reputation beyond repute

I just would like to say thank you to Dissident for all his work he does here on the board. Including the translations of Guga's book and articles on his site and the commentary he does in the live scoring threads. It's very much appreciated.

Go Guga in 2003!!!

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."--Rogi's motto

Last edited by Lily : 12-16-2002 at 11:45 PM.
Lily is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 AM   #8
country flag Dissident

Its okay, Lily.
I was waiting for a Guga forum for soooooo long! I almost feel like I HAVE to do this now that I finally got one. hehe

And its much easier to me, since I´m here in Brazil and everything.
I´m just now translating a new article from Guga´s site.

TWENTY!