- * Swiss Chalet * - - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #556
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: - * Swiss Chalet * -

to Doris and thanks for the rep! What a shock!
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #557
country flag Clashcityrocker

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Which players will you get to see?

That would be great
Line up in Knokke :

McEnroe,Krajicek,Ivanisevic,Leconte,Forget,Enqvist

in doubles only : Bahrami,Noah,Becker

In Apeldoorn so far Krajicek,Ivanisevic,Haarhuis,Wilander and Rafter

In doubles only so far : Sluiter,Eltingh,Bahrami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catchie View Post
Sorry for my friends who are Fed fans It's always kind of sad to see your fav lose. I didn't like it when Arnaud lost, but that happened way more often, unfortunately

On the other hand, i think it's nice to see some players beat top 10 players early. It's refreshing. I say also Murray and Djokovic out

To clear things up: I'm not a Stako fan. I like that he is well spoken, isn't impressed with the person on the other side of the net in a way that would make others choke and that he speaks his mind. I admire that he dares to do that and sticks with his opinions and defends the things he says and that he dares to do things like taking a photo of the line and getting fined for it. But all those things have nothing to do with him or his game
I like it when someone causes a bit of a stir, doesn't mean I'm a fan of the player doing so

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Fenna

But I have to say, I do like his style of play a lot, too bad he had to beat Roger though

Hi all !
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Clashcityrocker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 PM   #558
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, it's never easy to see your favorite player losing but fans of Roger really don't have anything to complain about.

Every topplayer lost at early stages in his career in a GS (even at a dominant stage in the career) and therefore Roger's consistency speaks for itself.

The draw is opening up now and gives players a chance to go far and overall this is good for tennis as this sport doesn't consist only of 4 players.

It would be amazing to see a new player winning in Wimbledon but we will probably get a Djokovic/Murray final...

I remember that Eliane mentioned in her Rotterdam report in here that she got a picture with Sergiy and his wife and I think she also had his name in her signature.

He isn't in the players counsil without a reason, so all what you say about him make sense.

Btw, I forgot to ask you about the BossHoss concert in Halle.

Was it worth the stay?
BossHoss concert was great! Only the security guys weren't to happy... Especially when the band started throwing things from the stage into the crowd ( for example the big fake grass tennis ball that always sits with the microphone) and when they were splattering beer on a drum and when the drummer killed the plant I don't think they have ever seen anything like BossHoss at the tournament And Alec and Sascha didn't really take into consideration that there were also kids present regarding their language and the things they were saying
Hank and Frank recognised us from Amsterdam So really was worth the stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clashcityrocker View Post
Line up in Knokke :

Fenna

But I have to say, I do like his style of play a lot, too bad he had to beat Roger though

Hi all !
Duncan

Would like to go to a champions tournament sometime, seems like a lot of fun.
But next up for us is Hamburg Anyone else going, Doris maybe?

Sébastien Grosjean || Nenad Zimonjic

Chiqui
Catchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #559

Clashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond reputeClashcityrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
BossHoss concert was great! Only the security guys weren't to happy... Especially when the band started throwing things from the stage into the crowd ( for example the big fake grass tennis ball that always sits with the microphone) and when they were splattering beer on a drum and when the drummer killed the plant I don't think they have ever seen anything like BossHoss at the tournament And Alec and Sascha didn't really take into consideration that there were also kids present regarding their language and the things they were saying

Duncan

Would like to go to a champions tournament sometime, seems like a lot of fun.

Fenna

Hamburg, cool ! how many days will you go?
Richard Krajicek Fernando Gonzalez Stefan Edberg John McEnroe Kent Carlsson Miloslav Mecir Patrick Rafter Yannick Noah Gustavo Kuerten Pete Sampras Mark Koevermans Joachim Johansson Jacco Eltingh Jan Siemerink Goran Ivanisevic Pat Cash Henri Leconte Agustin Calleri Tim Mayotte Nicolas Escude Hicham Arazi Paul Haarhuis Tim Henman Michael Stich Marcelo Rios Max Mirnyi Gaston Gaudio Sjeng Schalken Alberto Mancini Mariano Zabaleta Jose Acasuso Andres Gomez Taylor Dent Mats Wilander Guillermo Perez Roldan David Nalbandian Petr Korda Rod Laver Bjorn Borg Guillermo Vilas
Old 06-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #560
country flag Catchie

Catchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond reputeCatchie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fenna

Hamburg, cool ! how many days will you go?
Three, first days of the tourney.

Chiqui
Old 06-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #561
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I'm the Stako fan. I have a picture with Sergiy and his wife. I also have one with Sergiy and Beesie.
Too bad I couldn't see the match, I was at work. Hopefully I can find it on YouTube soon.
I've read an interview that Sergiy and Anfisa are staying with a family and that the 4 kids put chocolate spread in front of the door on the morning of the match against Roger with a note saying magic recipe for Sergiy. That's why he said it was magic that he won. So cute.
And I think it's funny that when I posted Anfisa in the girlfriends/wives thread she didn't draw as much attention in there as she does now.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #562

Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #563
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Line up in Knokke :

Rafter

I really hope I will be able to see him play one day
He is one of my all-time favorite players.

I'm sure you will have a great time with this line-up Duncan

Quote:

That sounds like a great show.

Will you go to any of their concerts here in Germany?

Quote:
No, I won't go to Hamburg. I have only been there in 2007 and 2008.
Since the tournament lost the Masters status and is scheduled later in the year it always takes place during the summer holidays here in Lower Saxony and then my colleagues are on vacation which means it's difficult for me to get days off.

I wanted to go to the final last year when Tommy played against Monaco but I decided against it then as I thought you would maybe not get a ticket anymore.

How often have you been to the tournament?

Which players do you want to see this year? When I look at the entry list I don't really see a favorite of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Yeah, I'm the Stako fan. I have a picture with Sergiy and his wife. I also have one with Sergiy and Beesie.
Too bad I couldn't see the match, I was at work. Hopefully I can find it on YouTube soon.
I heard it won't get uploaded on YouTube due to risk health issues of Federer fans

j/k
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #564
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
to Doris and thanks for the rep! What a shock!

As I said it was about to happen that Roger would lose early in a tournament, I just didn't expect it to happen in Wimbledon this year.

It can't really be a coincidence that he always has a tough match once Rafa lost early in a GS (after Rafa went out to Robin at RG 2009 Roger needed 5 sets against Tommy and last year Roger played 5 sets against Benneteau after Rafa lost to Rosol)...

At least you Rafa fans have a GS title to celebrate this year and 9 000 000 other titles whilst Roger only has the title in Halle

If only Murray or Djokovic would also lose now it would make the tournament really exciting and I think it would be great for tennis to have a new GS winner.

There are a few players left I would like to see lifting the trophy but I guess in the end it will be decided between Murray or Djokovic anyway...
Old 06-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #565

Quote:

As I said it was about to happen that Roger would lose early in a tournament, I just didn't expect it to happen in Wimbledon this year.

It can't really be a coincidence that he always has a tough match once Rafa lost early in a GS (after Rafa went out to Robin at RG 2009 Roger needed 5 sets against Tommy and last year Roger played 5 sets against Benneteau after Rafa lost to Rosol)...

At least you Rafa fans have a GS title to celebrate this year and 9 000 000 other titles whilst Roger only has the title in Halle

If only Murray or Djokovic would also lose now it would make the tournament really exciting and I think it would be great for tennis to have a new GS winner.

There are a few players left I would like to see lifting the trophy but I guess in the end it will be decided between Murray or Djokovic anyway...

only 3 players left who I would be happy for if they would win next sunday :
Haas,Del Potro and Youzhny
rest is boring
Old 06-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #566
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Quote:
only 3 players left who I would be happy for if they would win next sunday :
Haas,Del Potro and Youzhny
rest is boring
Those 3 are also the ones I'm thinking of but I'm also rooting for Berdych (I'm one of the Roger fans who really like him even though he makes life hard for Roger so often... Of course in those moments I'm angry of him )
Old 06-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #567
country flag Catchie

Quote:
Rafter

I really hope I will be able to see him play one day
He is one of my all-time favorite players.

I'm sure you will have a great time with this line-up Duncan

That sounds like a great show.

Will you go to any of their concerts here in Germany?

No, I won't go to Hamburg. I have only been there in 2007 and 2008.
Since the tournament lost the Masters status and is scheduled later in the year it always takes place during the summer holidays here in Lower Saxony and then my colleagues are on vacation which means it's difficult for me to get days off.

I wanted to go to the final last year when Tommy played against Monaco but I decided against it then as I thought you would maybe not get a ticket anymore.

How often have you been to the tournament?

Which players do you want to see this year? When I look at the entry list I don't really see a favorite of you
No, I probably won't go to concerts in Germany. Just hope they will come back to the Netherlands. Over here it was a really small venue, in Germany everything was huge. And the tickets were a lot cheaper, I believe tickets were half the price of what they cost in Germany.

It's our first time, we've never been to Hamburg. It was always difficult, because it's pretty soon after Halle and that was always difficult to get days off and it would take long time by train. But now I have my driver's license and we can borrow my uncle's car. So it's more convenient.

I want to see Paire. I wanted to see him in Rosmalen but then he retired after 3 games. Also the other French guys and Haas. They aren't favorites like Arnaud was to me, but I can definitely go see them... I don't really have favorites anymore since Arnaud quit Not on that level. Maybe Mahut and Llodra, but it's not the same as with Arnaud. That's why I need to discover new ones. Now I will go to see tennis in general and to have a good time with friends.
Oh, I also want to see Brands. I was standing next to him at the players party in Halle for some time and I had no clue who he was That was pretty funny. I saw him walking around when we entered the club and just thought he was cute because he reminded me of Daniel Hartwich So now I want to see him play.. The days that I could point out all the players in the draw are definitely over

I do have faves in doubles, don't know which of them will be there. but I'm always happy if I can watch doubles. Doesn't really matter who plays

Chiqui

Last edited by Catchie : 07-03-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #568

Quote:
Those 3 are also the ones I'm thinking of but I'm also rooting for Berdych (I'm one of the Roger fans who really like him even though he makes life hard for Roger so often... Of course in those moments I'm angry of him )
berdych

Quote:
No, I probably won't go to concerts in Germany. Just hope they will come back to the Netherlands. Over here it was a really small venue, in Germany everything was huge. And the tickets were a lot cheaper, I believe tickets were half the price of what they cost in Germany.

It's our first time, we've never been to Hamburg. It was always difficult, because it's pretty soon after Halle and that was always difficult to get days off and it would take long time by train. But now I have my driver's license and we can borrow my uncle's car. So it's more convenient.

I want to see Paire. I wanted to see him in Rosmalen but then he retired after 3 games. Also the other French guys and Haas. They aren't favorites like Arnaud was to me, but I can definitely go see them... I don't really have favorites anymore since Arnaud quit Not on that level. Maybe Mahut and Llodra, but it's not the same as with Arnaud. That's why I need to discover new ones. Now I will go to see tennis in general and to have a good time with friends.
Oh, I also want to see Brands. I was standing next to him at the players party in Halle for some time and I had no clue who he was That was pretty funny. I saw him walking around when we entered the club and just thought he was cute because he reminded me of Daniel Hartwich So now I want to see him play.. The days that I could point out all the players in the draw are definitely over

I do have faves in doubles, don't know which of them will be there. but I'm always happy if I can watch doubles. Doesn't really matter who plays
Brands is coooool !!! one hander, big serve and he comes to the net too
Old 06-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #569
country flag Catchie

Quote:
Brands is coooool !!! one hander, big serve and he comes to the net too
Nice Sounds like I will like his style

Chiqui
Old 07-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #570
country flag Eden
We know how it feels

Quote:
That makes sense.

I think we already had the discussion about differences in ticket prices between Germany and The Netherlands before.

Quote:
Congratulations for your licence

I'm sure you will enjoy Hamburg especially as you can see the players also practicing over there

Quote:
I want to see Paire. I wanted to see him in Rosmalen but then he retired after 3 games.
I saw him in Rotterdam against Baghdatis. He also retired in that match.

I remember that he was very annoyed by the loud crowd and complained several times to the umpire about the noise.

Quote:
Also the other French guys and Haas. They aren't favorites like Arnaud was to me, but I can definitely go see them... I don't really have favorites anymore since Arnaud quit Not on that level. Maybe Mahut and Llodra, but it's not the same as with Arnaud. That's why I need to discover new ones. Now I will go to see tennis in general and to have a good time with friends.
It's much more relaxing to go to a tournament when you don't have a real favorite in there

Whenever Roger didn't play in Halle I could enjoy the other matches more as I didn't had to worry about the form of someone who could be his next opponent

Quote:
berdych
I'm sorry, but I can't help it

I always liked him and I remember there was a time when many Roger did the same

Karin and me got to "meet" him in Hamburg in 2008 when he finished his practice. When I remember right there was nobody around. We said a few words to him and Karin took a picture of him. Unfortunately we forgot to ask him for a picture with him.

And Tomas is also responsible for my new nickname

I don't know if I already told the story.

2 years ago Tomas had a signing session in Halle but I didn't knew it. One of my tennisfriends attended it though and as he knew that I'm a fan of Tomas he asked for a signature for me.
Tomas misunderstood my name and wrote "For Torres"
Since then I'm Torres

I was very surprised today to read that Roger is going to play in Gstaad. Unfortunately I won't be able to go there as I can't get days off as 2 of my colleagues will be on vacation that week

Eva and JM, do you plan to go to the tournament?
I guess it's not that far from Lausanne.

Does anyone know when JM will be back from his ban?
He isn't mentioned in the banned users list...